WNBA thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree that thus far, Jewell is having a "better" year than Stewie looking at shooting stats in particular, though they are both playing at an exception level; if Jewell wasn't playing alongside two all time greats in Stewart and Bird, you'd be bearing a lot more about her as an MVP candidate.
Seattle needs to make changes in the starting lineup. When they are good they play 5 out on offense, and switch 1-5 on defense. Russell and Talbot, don't fit those systems. They both are role players who should come off the bench.
When Stewie and Bird were out Russell an Canada played and we saw the result. Stewie doesn't have room to operate with Russell and Talbot in the game. If Seattle is going to get better, Lou and Ezi need to play. The offense has better spacing, and Ezi unlike Russell can guard people outside the paint like Howard did.

Reaction Score
Seattle needs to make changes in the starting lineup. When they are good they play 5 out on offense, and switch 1-5 on defense. Russell and Talbot, don't fit those systems. They both are role players who should come off the bench.
When Stewie and Bird were out Russell an Canada played and we saw the result. Stewie doesn't have room to operate with Russell and Talbot in the game. If Seattle is going to get better, Lou and Ezi need to play. The offense has better spacing, and Ezi unlike Russell can guard people outside the paint like Howard did.
Agree with everything you said except the Lou part. I dont see her being that much of an upgrade over Talbot. They are about the same player. Seattle needs a SF badly, but the answers arent on their bench. They need an Alisha Gray or Jackie Young.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything you said except the Lou part. I dont see her being that much of an upgrade over Talbot. They are about the same player. Seattle needs a SF badly, but the answers arent on their bench. They need an Alisha Gray or Jackie Young.
Lou will be fine, playing 3 on 3 shows she will work on defense. Her shooting stroke will come back. She has size and will help on rebounding, another thing 3 on 3 you have to be able to do. Playing with Stewie and Ezi every day will toughen up Lou.
She will be a matchup nightmare, by the end of the season if Quinn is smart enough to Start Lou, Stewie, and Ezi up front. A play from that last game shows what Stewie and Ezi can do together.
Sue gave a pass to Stewie who was guarded inside. Stewie could have shot and made the basket. Stewie was already. In the air, Ezi sprinted to the hoop and Stewie dropped the pass off for an easy basket.

Reaction Score
Lou will be fine, playing 3 on 3 shows she will work on defense. Her shooting stroke will come back. She has size and will help on rebounding, another thing 3 on 3 you have to be able to do. Playing with Stewie and Ezi every day will toughen up Lou.
She will be a matchup nightmare, by the end of the season if Quinn is smart enough to Start Lou, Stewie, and Ezi up front. A play from that last game shows what Stewie and Ezi can do together.
Sue gave a pass to Stewie who was guarded inside. Stewie could have shot and made the basket. Stewie was already. In the air, Ezi sprinted to the hoop and Stewie dropped the pass off for an easy basket.
I'm waiting for KLS to blossom into something the Boneyard thinks she could be. She wasnt a 4 in Chicago, okay. She is playing with ball hogs in Dallas, okay. She started slow in Seattle, but she left for 3 on 3, okay. I'll continue waiting on anything significant from her. If all she has to contribute is being a 3 point shooter, good luck to her. She has never been known to be a defender or rebounder, so how can you say she will somehow start contributing?

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for KLS to blossom into something the Boneyard thinks she could be. She wasnt a 4 in Chicago, okay. She is playing with ball hogs in Dallas, okay. She started slow in Seattle, but she left for 3 on 3, okay. I'll continue waiting on anything significant from her. If all she has to contribute is being a 3 point shooter, good luck to her. She has never been known to be a defender or rebounder, so how can you say she will somehow start contributing?
Stewie knows more about women's basketball then you or I will ever know, and she wanted Lou brought in. That's good enough for me.

Reaction Score
Stewie knows more about women's basketball then you or I will ever know, and she wanted Lou brought in. That's good enough for me.
Stewie is a phenomenal talent, definitely going to be in the conversation for greatest of all time when she is done with basketball, if she has a healthy career. That doesnt mean she knows how to coach or how to scout or how to put together a team. Her entire career things have revolved around her, and which they should have. Is there an article where she chose KLS? If she did, she definitely will have a long a successful career in playing basketball. Being the GM of team probably isn't in her alley yet.

So good enough for you. Not good enough for Seattle, yet.

Reaction Score
Agree with some posters regarding KLS. I love watching Seattle play, and she is one of my all time favorite huskies, so I am hoping it works out for her. But she, much like KML, was a great system player at Uconn. But neither has an elite ability to create their own shot on offense and can be liabilities on defense. It looked like KLS had a promising season overseas, so hopefully it translates. But since turning pro, she has never shot the ball exceptionally well. When shooting is your biggest strength and it's disappeared, it can be a tough league to stick in.

Regarding Seattle, Canada seems to be having a pretty bad season so far. It seems like when Sue leaves the court, the offense goes to shambles. As a poster with zero coaching experience, I can't say I know what I'm talking about. But from watching games, they need to figure out a way to always have one of the big 3 on the court. When all three are sitting, the bench often times loses their lead. They have a great record, but have squeaked out a lot of close games to get it.

Reaction Score
Agree with some posters regarding KLS. I love watching Seattle play, and she is one of my all time favorite huskies, so I am hoping it works out for her. But she, much like KML, was a great system player at Uconn. But neither has an elite ability to create their own shot on offense and can be liabilities on defense. It looked like KLS had a promising season overseas, so hopefully it translates. But since turning pro, she has never shot the ball exceptionally well. When shooting is your biggest strength and it's disappeared, it can be a tough league to stick in.

Regarding Seattle, Canada seems to be having a pretty bad season so far. It seems like when Sue leaves the court, the offense goes to shambles. As a poster with zero coaching experience, I can't say I know what I'm talking about. But from watching games, they need to figure out a way to always have one of the big 3 on the court. When all three are sitting, the bench often times loses their lead. They have a great record, but have squeaked out a lot of close games to get it.
Canada still hasn't developed any kind of consistent shot. Even after playing a full year without Sue. Seems to be a problem with UCLA grads, Biles is the same way. Probably why Williams was their 1st round pick from Stanford.

Reaction Score
Canada still hasn't developed any kind of consistent shot. Even after playing a full year without Sue. Seems to be a problem with UCLA grads, Biles is the same way. Probably why Williams was their 1st round pick from Stanford.
Has Samuelson developed one yet?

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I’m liking what I’m seeing from Onyenwere so far
As someone who was expected to be a tweener in the league, the shooting acumen she has displayed in the first quarter of the season is truly remarkable. She's already made 18 threes this season, shooting at a 45% clip from long range. Her entire senior season at UCLA she made 23 threes.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
As someone who was expected to be a tweener in the league, the shooting acumen she has displayed in the first quarter of the season is truly remarkable. She's already made 18 threes this season, shooting at a 45% clip from long range. Her entire senior season at UCLA she made 23 threes.
Totally agree. And in her first years at UCLA she barely attempted a trey. Her growth has been remarkable and I'd say she's in the hunt for ROY so far this season.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. And in her first years at UCLA she barely attempted a trey. Her growth has been remarkable and I'd say she's in the hunt for ROY so far this season.
I’d say she’s the favorite, albeit in an underperforming rookie class. No one else is averaging more than 5ppg I don’t believe; Onyenwere’s 12 have her firmly in the lead.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I’d say she’s the favorite, albeit in an underperforming rookie class. No one else is averaging more than 5ppg I don’t believe; Onyenwere’s 12 have her firmly in the lead.
I hedged because I wasn't sure who else I might have been overlooking or forgetting, but so far the top of this year's draft has been underwhelming (Collier, McDonald, Evans).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hedged because I wasn't sure who else I might have been overlooking or forgetting, but so far the top of this year's draft has been underwhelming (Collier, McDonald, Evans).
McDonald is getting her game together. Last 2 games, 15 pts each. Onyenwere cooling off after her monster 29 pt game. (11 pts, 7 pts)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Storm hammered the Dream. KLS back in the starting lineup. Her best game since returning from the 3X3 tournament, but Talbot was better off the bench (4-9, 10 pts. compared to 5-6, 13 pts).

Looks like Hayes had pretty much no help for ATL. She had 22, nobody else in double figures.

Loyd w/ 18, Stewie w/ 15, 6 players from the Storm in double figures.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I gotta stick up for Canada somewhat, seeing her get criticized a lot on here. At least since Quinn took over, she gets stuck a lot playing w/ 4 other bench players and the team basically doesn't score for long stretches. Really can't put that on her. Quinn is really new at this, she's had some weird rotations and some terrible lineups she leaves on the floor for way too long (the recent loss against Dallas I blame mostly on the coach).

When Canada is on the floor w/ 3 or 4 starters she looks okay to me. Yeah she can't shoot, but she has some beautiful dishes, she really gets the transition game cranked up, she plays good D.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Candace is finally back for the Sky. They had a big lead early against the Fever, but it's smaller now. Surely they can beat Indiana can't they?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Candace is finally back for the Sky. They had a big lead early against the Fever, but it's smaller now. Surely they can beat Indiana can't they?
Parker 1-9. Lead down to 4. 60-56

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sky up 90-74 w/ less than a minute left. Even they can't blow a lead like that. The Mitchells both were scoring for Indiana, but nobody else was. Balanced scoring for Chicago, nobody w/ a huge game. Sloot leading the way w/ 17 points/9 assists.

W

wolfe613

what is the record for worst record in WNBA cause this awful Fever team might set it

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Playing Indiana helps but Chicago finally looked like the old Sky.

Fewer turnovers, fewer boneheaded errors, better shot selection.

Parker obviously is rusty and doesn't seem to have much lift off that ankle but she was moving fine and it's good psychologically for the team to have her back.

Hopefully Diamond is ok after the hard fall she took late in the game.

Dana Evans showed signs of being Sloot's first competent backup since pre-injury Jameirra Faulkner.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
what is the record for worst record in WNBA cause this awful Fever team might set it
I think liberty at 2-22 last year has to be down there

Reaction Score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t the Sky’s problem the last two seasons been defensively? I recall them putting up tons of points but lacking cohesiveness on the other end of the floor. Seems to be the opposite this year which is surprising.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t the Sky’s problem the last two seasons been defensively? I recall them putting up tons of points but lacking cohesiveness on the other end of the floor. Seems to be the opposite this year which is surprising.
You are correct. Total reversal to start the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom