WNBA Thread - Post Olympics | Page 18 | The Boneyard

WNBA Thread - Post Olympics

Reaction Score
Did not get to see the Fever game, can someone explain how the Lynx got to shoot 18 more free throws.

That is just a crazy disparity.
If you watched the game, you would have known why. Should actually have been a greater disparity. Even w/out Dantas, the lynx are a very solid too 2-4 team. Even so, it seems Pheesa needs to be out there every minute. Reeves doesn’t seem to trust the team w/out her in the game. I worry about the wear and tear.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum to the rescue in the 2nd half again, that's happened quite a few times this year. She should get the 6th player award this season.

Dallas was up 9 at the half. Vegas is now up 11, she's scored 24 since the break (9-12 shooting, 5-7 behind the arc).

edit--28 pts in 25 minutes so far

Reaction Score
Strong game from Naphessa in a up and down personal season although 3pt shooting form appears pretty shaky still

Nice to see Crystal break out and become the clutch 4th Q player the Lynx needed

'Down the stretch, the Lynx finally slowed the Fever down. Thanks in large part to Dangerfield'.

"Lucky for us, we got to see the rookie of the year Crystal Dangerfield,'' Reeve said.
Pheesa means so much more to this team than her stat line.

Reaction Score
Arike getting away with some questionable actions. Including slamming the ball and slamming her water on the floor causing a stoppage in play to clean it off the court.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Put on Del Shannon's "Runaway": Fueled by a 25-12 third quarter, the Aces are now up 75-66. Plum is 5-7 from three and is scorching the Wings. Aces now overplaying the Wings' guards and they're getting frustrated. Ogunbowale should've gotten at least one technical for (take your pick) slamming down the ball after a foul call or smashing a water bottle onto the floor from the bench, which caused everyone from arena staff to assistant coaches to clean up. That "T", btw, would've been her 7th of the season and forced her to miss the last game of the season.

Reaction Score
Dallas still looks like a dangerous team. I would hate to play them during the playoffs.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Dallas still looks like a dangerous team. I would hate to play them during the playoffs.

If they can get Izzy Harrison and/or Satou Sabally back for the one-and-done stage, I completely agree with you. Ogunbowale, Grey and/or Mabrey can all heat up at any given point.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Strong game from Naphessa in a up and down personal season although 3pt shooting form appears pretty shaky still

Nice to see Crystal break out and become the clutch 4th Q player the Lynx needed

'Down the stretch, the Lynx finally slowed the Fever down. Thanks in large part to Dangerfield'.

"Lucky for us, we got to see the rookie of the year Crystal Dangerfield,'' Reeve said.
Crystal has had great fourth quarters most of the season. Reeve said soon after Clarendon joined the team, something like, "We want Laysia on the floor to start the game, Crystal to finish it." There have been a few games when she's had 10-15 in the fourth quarter to get them ahead and win the game.

Napheesa had a really good game yesterday. The previous game she had a good first half then disappeared.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A well played game between Atlanta (2TO's) and Indiana (0 TO's) has broken out. Fever up 26-21 after 1Q. Vivians looks like a completely new player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A well played game between Atlanta (2TO's) and Indiana (0 TO's) has broken out. Fever up 26-21 after 1Q. Vivians looks like a completely new player.
Well, that was short lived. On the other hand, Tiffany Hayes with a monster game. :cool:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Alyssa Thomas Is Practicing and Might Be Ready To Go Against Liberty

According to this posted article in "The Next,"
"Head coach Curt Miller said after practice that Thomas is “day-to-day” and the staff is evaluating each and every moment.
“She had a good practice again today, so we’re very optimistic. I’ll put it that way,” Miller said. "

Even if Thomas is not a full strength offensively, her stellar contributions on defense and rebounding will the make the Sun even stronger in the playoffs.

https://www./features/were-very-optimistic-alyssa-thomas-probable-to-make-season-debut/

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

"Head coach Curt Miller said after practice that Thomas is “day-to-day” and the staff is evaluating each and every moment.
“She had a good practice again today, so we’re very optimistic. I’ll put it that way,” Miller said. "

Even if Thomas is not a full strength offensively, her stellar contributions on defense and rebounding will the make the Sun even stronger in the playoffs.

https://www./features/were-very-optimistic-alyssa-thomas-probable-to-make-season-debut/
As a WBB fan, I say great, As a Liberty fan, I say 'Gee Whiz, Really' :eek::eek::oops::oops:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

As good as she is...Sun have the best record in the league, what they've been doing this year is really working. Do you want to totally change the makeup and chemistry of your team right before the playoffs?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As good as she is...Sun have the best record in the league, what they've been doing this year is really working. Do you want to totally change the makeup and chemistry of your team right before the playoffs?
Assuming she would be a significant piece of the playoff team, it is best to get her some minutes to knock off some rust.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Assuming she would be a significant piece of the playoff team, it is best to get her some minutes to knock off some rust.
I'll piggyback on this to answer @nwhoopfan too.

Obviously, coaching staff will see where she stands in practice. If she's good to go, why not give some game action to get some legs/knock off the rust? Thomas was/is a key player for them and rather than believe she'd take away from them ("..if it isn't broken, don't mess with it"), I think she' can be added to the mix if someone is in foul trouble, not feeling it or feeling ill. That team seems be "all for one" so I've got no worries.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess you can try it. I think she'd need to accept a different role than she's had w/ the team previously. Energy player off the bench. I don't think you should mess w/ the starting lineup. The Jones and Jones show has been very effective.

Apples and oranges I'm sure, but I hearken back a few years when Coach K had superstar freshman Kyrie Irving at Duke. I think he missed all but 10 games at the beginning of the regular season due to injury. Duke adjusted w/out him and was rolling along. K rolled the dice and brought him back for the Tourney. It didn't work. Irving had a big game but they got ran off the floor by Arizona in the third round (and that was probably the most fun I've ever had watching a game in my entire life, sorry @triaddukefan not sorry :rolleyes:). They barely got by an average Michigan team in the previous round. It seemed apparent they were still trying to adjust to having Irving back.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I guess you can try it. I think she'd need to accept a different role than she's had w/ the team previously. Energy player off the bench. I don't think you should mess w/ the starting lineup. The Jones and Jones show has been very effective.

Apples and oranges I'm sure, but I hearken back a few years when Coach K had superstar freshman Kyrie Irving at Duke. I think he missed all but 10 games at the beginning of the regular season due to injury. Duke adjusted w/out him and was rolling along. K rolled the dice and brought him back for the Tourney. It didn't work. Irving had a big game but they got ran off the floor by Arizona in the third round (and that was probably the most fun I've ever had watching a game in my entire life, sorry @triaddukefan not sorry :rolleyes:). They barely got by an average Michigan team in the previous round. It seemed apparent they were still trying to adjust to having Irving back.

Point taken on overplaying the hand, and agree on the apples/oranges :D
Alyssa = Kyrie?

GIF by The Office

I go back to one of my opening lines: her strength is defense and rebounding. Any team can use that in the playoffs. A guy who needs the ball. Hmm, no so much. ;)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty up 20-14 after 1Q. Alyssa looks physically good but looked winded after 4+ minutes. But I can see where she can be a bit out of control going 1-5 which is a concern.

Edit. Liberty up 47-344 at half. If the Liberty wins, just may need to make a trip to Barclays for a meaningful game on Friday against the Mystics.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Alyssa = Kyrie?
It wasn't a direct comparison to each other as players, just a team that is doing very well adding a star player to the mix right before playoffs that can possibly throw off whatever had been working so well up to that point.

Looks like it's not an issue today. Sun destroyed the Lib in Q3 (32-12).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It wasn't a direct comparison to each other as players, just a team that is doing very well adding a star player to the mix right before playoffs that can possibly throw off whatever had been working so well up to that point.

Looks like it's not an issue today. Sun destroyed the Lib in Q3 (32-12).
DT hitting their 3's. No hope. Especially with Sami Whitcomb 0-6 from 3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
DT hitting their 3's. No hope. Especially with Sami Whitcomb 0-6 from 3.
Looks like Howard, Ionescu and Onyenwere are all having good games. You'd think that would be a positive for NY. Unfortunately looks like the rest of the team is doing nothing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
53-20 in the 2nd half, w/ just a couple minutes left. That is stunning. Carrington is lighting it up down the stretch it looks like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom