WNBA Thread - Post Olympics | Page 15 | The Boneyard

WNBA Thread - Post Olympics

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looked like 2 players getting tangled up fighting for rebounding position, it happens. The theatrics afterward were not necessary. And really not necessary several minutes later after the game was over.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Sun are putting a hurtin’ on the Wings. Hiedeman has something like 11 straight points; love that kid.
Dallas with abominable shooting numbers. Since this is one of those Amazon Prime games, cant tell if Conn defense was elite or Dallas just hoisting away

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Dallas with abominable shooting numbers. Since this is one of those Amazon Prime games, cant tell if Conn defense was elite or Dallas just hoisting away
The Wings missed a few open looks, but the Sun defense was also incredible. January was all over Ogunbowale; the Wings had to work really hard on offense. The Sun looked unbeatable tonight.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Seattle shooting lights out from 3. (10-14) Sue Bird out of her slump 4-4. Up 50-33 with 3' left in Q2

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh crap. Stewie pulling up a bit lame? Went off court to be looked at.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The record shall reflect that Arike was 2 of 17. She and Mabrey combined to take 33 of Dallas's 64 shots and were a combined 8 of 33 (2 of 15 from 3).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Storm needed that (well other than the Stewie injury). They've been shooting poorly for weeks, the dam burst in a big way tonight. Pretty much everybody played well in this game.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The Wings missed a few open looks, but the Sun defense was also incredible. January was all over Ogunbowale; the Wings had to work really hard on offense. The Sun looked unbeatable tonight.

I watched the first half early this morning. The Sun game prep and execution was first-rate, particularly in the first half. Dallas - without Sabally or Izzy Harrison -- had no offensive threat down low.
And Moriah's steady hand (and head) was missed: Ty Harris was not ready for this.

As a result, the Sun just pressed the Wings outside shooters; most notably Arike and Mabrey. Awak Kuier hit a few but that tells you something -- 4 of her 6 shots were from 3. Arike's double-digit scoring streak if over...and that's probably a good thing.

Interestingly, Mabrey did have some success (and much better %) in her short- and medium-range game: 5-8 (and 3-3 on drawn FT's).

Sun just handed a game plan to Wings' future opponents. Wings better hope Moriah and/or Harrison get back. Soon.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I have WNBA League Pass but could not see the game. I got a message that the game was not available in my area because of Amazon Prime. How were you able to see the game? Do you have Amazon Prime?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I have WNBA League Pass but could not see the game. I got a message that the game was not available in my area because of Amazon Prime. How were you able to see the game? Do you have Amazon Prime?

That's how I saw it...Amazon Prime.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yes, we've had Prime since before they carried video. The deciding factor was when my wife began home schooling our daughter. There was just lots of esoteric stuff that wasn't even available around suburban Maryland, and it was sometimes urgent.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When the game is live, that is the message you will get but when you can watch it on League Pass the next calender day

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
When the game is live, that is the message you will get but when you can watch it on League Pass the next calender day
Yes, but the replay of the games that is live on other services, ESPN, CBS and Amazon Prime are available on league pass. I dont know how quick it is available. I watched last nights Storm game, live, on Amazon and the replay on league pass, this morning.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Ouch. Death fight with Lynx for final single elimination (4th spot)
With the exception of tonight's games Phoenix has a much more difficult remaining schedule than Minn. It might be they think they are likely destined for that 5th slot. Better to rest those that need rest than push it and risk any injury.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ouch. Death fight with Lynx for final single elimination (4th spot)

Top 5 is fairly fluid. Seattle doesn't have a top 4 seeded cemented and Las Vegas hasn't locked up a top 2 finish. If the Lynx beat the Aces tonight, #2-#4 are in a virtual logjam.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Strange how fast things change. Atlanta didn't win a game for more than 2 months, now on a winning streak?

SDS has been maybe the hottest player in the league since the Olympic break, and suddenly she can't hit anything?

Merc are down 2 starters--Griner and D. Raise your hand if you predicted Cunningham and Peddy would be their 2 leading scorers at halftime...and Walker is third. 4 of the 5 starters have done next to nothing so far.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It just amazes me how undisciplined some professional teams are. There have been two trips down the floor in which a guard for Atlanta got hit by a pick near the top of the key, and nobody on the Dream switched onto the player who was driving. It's not just that, but I've seldom seen lanes as open.

ETA: Tiffany with an almost impossible block on Skylar.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow. Merc come back from 14 down at half, ATL fouled a 3 point shooter w/ about 4 seconds left to lose by 1. That's...not smart basketball.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Unbelievable -- Atlanta ahead by two with a few seconds left, and Elizabeth Williams basically trips over Shay Peddy who's shooting from behind the three-point line. ATL manages to blow one again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wilson staring off the same way last game went...getting swatted. How does she get her shot blocked so often? Isn't she tall?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom