WNBA - Sparks recriminations | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WNBA - Sparks recriminations

Reaction Score
Where do I assume that in my post? The Houston or Tampa Bay fans can shout “BEAT L A” almost as well as the fans in the Bronx.....

Come on. You know that's a New York and Boston thing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Come on. You know that's a New York and Boston thing.
Actually, it’s more a Boston thing than a NY thing. The first time I ever heard the chant was watching Magic’s Lakers vs Bird’s Celtics in Boston Gardens. Red Sox fans eventually picked up the chant vs the Dodgers. Whichever group of fans do the chant, I will miss it in the Series. If it is the Yankees in the Series, their fans might just do the “BEAT L A” chant, even if the Bronx Bombers are matched up with the Cardinals or Nationals. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would have hoped our chant would have been "LA s*cks" but even though I am a Yankee fan, I know our road the the World Series is not guaranteed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would have hoped our chant would have been "LA s*cks" but even though I am a Yankee fan, I know our road the the World Series is not guaranteed.
In a related story, a number of years ago I was at a pro football game with my wife in Jacksonville, FL between the Jaguars and the Philadelphia Eagles. Our seats were a few rows in front of a group of Eagle fans. Not surprisingly, the Eagle fans had been drinking heavily and were both loud and obnoxious. Also, a few rows in front of the Eagles fans, was a fan wearing a NY Ranger hockey shirt. Throughout the game, the Eagles fans chanted, over and over again, "Rangers S*ck!" I was oddly impressed that Philadelphia fans never miss an opportunity to be obnoxious no matter where they are, or what sport they're watching.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping the Astros lose tonight as I think it improves our chances of getting to the series.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rooting for a Houston-Washington world series... but as long as neither the Cardinals nor the Yankees win.... Im fine. :cool:

Before anyone accuses me of being anti-NYC metro teams..... I'll let you know I root for the Giants now (in addition to the Panthers) .....as long as Daniel Jones is the QB. :) Hopefully he will survive tonight in one piece, mentally and physically :eek:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn fans should root for the team of George Springer and not for the Evil Empire.

1570766111395.png

Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan I’m really bummed that there won’t be any “BEAT L A” cheers during the World Series. :rolleyes:

Actually that chant should come from Red Sox fans as the Yankees close out the ALCS in Boston.

Reaction Score
In a related story, a number of years ago I was at a pro football game with my wife in Jacksonville, FL between the Jaguars and the Philadelphia Eagles. Our seats were a few rows in front of a group of Eagle fans. Not surprisingly, the Eagle fans had been drinking heavily and were both loud and obnoxious. Also, a few rows in front of the Eagles fans, was a fan wearing a NY Ranger hockey shirt. Throughout the game, the Eagles fans chanted, over and over again, "Rangers S*ck!" I was oddly impressed that Philadelphia fans never miss an opportunity to be obnoxious no matter where they are, or what sport they're watching.

Not to foster any stereotypes about baseball fans - but...

Went to Game 3 of the ALDS Yankees vs Twins at Minnesota which NYY won 5-1 and own a 13 playoff streak against the hapless Twinks. The stadium deserves the kudos it gets from reviewers, one of the nicest I've seen with modern amenities, good food choices, light rail service and a view of the downtown Mpls skyline.

Midwest folks are different than us Eastern folk. They have a thing called "Minnesota Nice" and it carries to the ballpark where Twins fans greeted us as welcome visitors, offered insights on places to eat/stay, were sober and behaved like we were guests. They even complimented plays by the other team.

So in about the 7th inning when it was still a close game (3-1) there is a commotion a section over. This was lower level first base side - so not the cheap seats. Everyone was curious as this was not common for the well-behaved Minnesota folks.

Eventually the authorities sorted it out and walked 4 people, 3 males & a female, up and presumably out of the stadium - all wearing pinstripes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom