WNBA Opening Night Games. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

WNBA Opening Night Games.

Reaction Score
Nice hiqh quality game between Washington and Chicago. The return of Cooper. Not doing much yet but I expect her to ramp up in the second half. Shakira Austin is really really good.
Austin looks way better than I expected; didn’t think she was that great at Ole Miss but she has been pro-ready from day one here in the W.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Chicago beginning to pull away. One of Candice Parker's best games. May get the triple double. After 3, 14 pts, 11 Rebounds 7 assists.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
After a season opening loss, the Sun have been crushing most of their opponents. Rolled past Indiana today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is Clark hurt again for Washington? Not seeing her in the box score. Burke started and somewhat productive w/ 9 pts/6 reb.

Looks like Chicago probably going to win even with Sloot having an off game. Cloud didn't score much either, although she's racking up the assists. Maybe the 2 PGs cancelled each other out.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is Clark hurt again for Washington? Not seeing her in the box score. Burke started and somewhat productive w/ 9 pts/6 reb.

Looks like Chicago probably going to win even with Sloot having an off game. Cloud didn't score much either, although she's racking up the assists. Maybe the 2 PGs cancelled each other out.
Both Clark and Delledonne are on a rotation for maintenance purposes under Thibault

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Both Clark and Delledonne are on a rotation for maintenance purposes under Thibault
Okay, thanks. I knew that about EDD but didn't realize they were doing the same w/ Clark.

It's only 3 games, but not a real big impact for Alysha so far. Hasn't hit a 3 yet, that's kinda crazy. She was close to automatic the last several seasons with the Storm.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Just gotta shoutout Tanisha Wright for the job she's doing so far at Atlanta. I think most had Atlanta pegged for dead last in the league, (or at best, not in contention for playoffs) and they are 4-2 so far. The only real standout she has on her team is Howard and they are ahead of teams that look far better on paper like Phoenix, Seattle, LA and Minnesota. The season is barely underway but it's worth giving credit where credit is due!

Reaction Score
Just gotta shoutout Tanisha Wright for the job she's doing so far at Atlanta. I think most had Atlanta pegged for dead last in the league, (or at best, not in contention for playoffs) and they are 4-2 so far. The only real standout she has on her team is Howard and they are ahead of teams that look far better on paper like Phoenix, Seattle, LA and Minnesota. The season is barely underway but it's worth giving credit where credit is due!
Seattle trying to fit new pieces, Gabby hasn't fit as a starter. Also Russell missing the 1st 5 weeks.
Have to wait until everyone gets back to see how everyone fits.
Seattle might end up with Ezi, Stewie, and Talbot as starters, or Russell in place of Talbot.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seattle might end up with Ezi, Stewie, and Talbot as starters, or Russell in place of Talbot.
Talbot looked really good at times last year. Her role and minutes fluctuated wildly. Giving them some decent contributions so far this year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cambage 2 fouls in about 2 minutes, ONO off the bench EARLY in this one vs. the Aces. KLS in during Q1 as well. No Stokes yet.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That 38 points the Aces put up on the Merc in Q3 the other day? Meh. Just dropped 39 on the Sparks in Q1. Wilson and Young both going crazy. LA was hanging in there early, but now down 20. Young got career point 1000.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aces are 9-10 behind the arc. That will win you a lot of games. Plum has been the beneficiary of the red hot shooting, she's racked up 7 assists already early in Q2.

Reaction Score
KLS is having a brutal game. Getting abused by Jackie Young on one end and clanking 3's left and right on the other :eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After starting 11-12, Aces missed their last 5 triples before halftime. Q2 was basically even.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After slacking off a bit in Q2, Aces put the hammer down in Q3. To the point that it looks like all 5 starters are going to watch all of Q4 from the bench.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Q4 has been garbage. But Carter and Bell trading buckets, they're both padding their stats. Aces hit 100 again, even with the deep bench play the entire 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Aces are 9-10 behind the arc. That will win you a lot of games. Plum has been the beneficiary of the red hot shooting, she's racked up 7 assists already early in Q2.
When Aj'a knocked down two 3's I knew it would be their night

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
When Aj'a knocked down two 3's I knew it would be their night
Just an old-fashioned thrashing from the get go. Aces shot 51% overall from the field, including 47% (18-38) from three-pt. land.
And they drilled 14-16 of their FT attempts. A'ja Wilson scored her 24 points in less than 20 minutes. Aces continually to turn up wild.

Reaction Score
Aces’ offense has been on another level. Going to be hard to keep them from a title if they’re putting up 85 in their lowest-scoring games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aces’ offense has been on another level. Going to be hard to keep them from a title if they’re putting up 85 in their lowest-scoring games.
They have the record for most points scored in the first 8 games. And it is interesting there is no one on team I would consider a volume shooter.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I know it's early in season, but the 2024 Olympic team would not look bad at all with the Aces' starting lineup:

Gray
Plum
Young
Wilson
Hamby

And I don't think it's a stretch at all to see all 5 of them make the team.
[NOTE: There's no way in hell Breanna Stewart doesn't start]

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just an old-fashioned thrashing from the get go.
What's crazy is that the game was tied at 16 well into Q1. Next thing you know it was 39-19. Even with Cambage picking up 2 fouls immediately LA was hanging tough...until they weren't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom