WNBA Off-Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA Off-Season

Reaction Score
Huh? I thought she announced as soon as the regular season ended she wouldn't be back in Dallas.
Natasha Howard, a 2025 UFA, was cored in 2021-2024. Golden State cannot pick her from the Expansion Draft.
  • “The Valkyries will only be able to select one player in the Expansion Draft who is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent following the 2024 season. Golden State may choose such a player provided that the player has not previously played pursuant to a Core Player contract for two or more seasons. Golden State may then designate that player as its one Core Player in January.” Expansion Draft for 13th WNBA Franchise, Golden State Valkyries Set for December 6 on ESPN

Reaction Score
Oh, I misunderstood all the ramifications. Thanks.
Yeah, the carve-out of all two-year cored players, regardless of who did the coring, was the implication # of that passage.
  • there is only one way for Golden State to core (one) player — via not-cored UFA in expansion draft;
  • as with SDS, Dallas can get something in return for Howard (who Golden State can not pluck).
# Based on what I have read, people interpret that passage as a blanket non-availability of 2-year cored players in the expansion draft.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Her Hoops Stats Takes a Look at the Indiana Fever Off-Season Situation(s)

....written by HHS Honcho Richard Cohen. Long-story short, Cohen thinks a lot of the Fever's moves will depend on how much they want to factor defense into the equation, including:
  • Will Christy Sides be retained (probably yes)
  • Do they want to put out a defense-optional backcourt of Clark and Kelsey Mitchell (probably will and Mitchell will probably be cored)
  • And what about N'Lyssa Smith, whose (lack of) defense was the main reason she lost playing time and her starting spot.
Do they keep and work on that (she is, after all, only 24) or try to get something for her (same comment)? How about Fegenbale?

There's a pretty good amount of cash available to bring in help. How many depends on how much goes to Mitchell. And, perhaps, if they keep the large contract of one KLS.

The Fever have all their draft choices...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I heard something about Smith removing all ties to the Fever from her social media accounts. I think she's already out the door, I'll be surprised if she is with Indiana next season.

Reaction Score
What’s the best job of those 4? Probably LA.
Depends. LA has Jackson, Brink and Hamby to build around. Guard play is a question mark. Nurse and Clarendon were the original starters but that didn't pan out in the end. Simms was great when she joined the team in my opinion, but not sure what her situation is after the season ended.

Chicago have Reese and Cardoso in the paint. What happens with Carter and Allen as they seemed to play well together is the question. Add in Elizabeth Williams coming back from injury and you have some decent pieces.

Atlanta has Howard, Gray, Hillmon and Canada who seemed to play well together. Does Tina Charles come back for another season? And can Amihere get a chance to crack the rotation? What happens with Powers as she was injured for the balance of the season? There could be some potential if they find the right coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom