WNBA News | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WNBA News

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Big additions for LA and Vegas. Both teams have championship caliber rosters. How the Fisher/CP3 situation gets resolved remains to be seen.

It would not surprise me if it was resolved via trade. CP3 has a reputation (not saying it's deserved) of being moody, and playing when she wants to. CP3 is getting long in the tooth, and can be replaced. She still has some trade value left. She can play and put a team on her back when she wants to. It's getting her to "want to" every night. She'll be one of the highest paid veterans in the league this year with the new CBA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was informed that KLS is now on Dallas. I dont know details of trade. She is with her sister Karlie, and away from that coach.

That would be nice but Dallas is such a weird team with trainloads of transactions. It will be interesting to se when the dust settles.

Reaction Score
I was informed that KLS is now on Dallas. I dont know details of trade. She is with her sister Karlie, and away from that coach.

She would have to be traded, correct?

Reaction Score
She would have to be traded, correct?

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sydney Colson signed with the Sky

How many PGs do they need? Colson had some good moments as the backup for LV last season. Does this tell us something about Sloot or Gabby Williams?

Reaction Score
How many PGs do they need? Colson had some good moments as the backup for LV last season. Does this tell us something about Sloot or Gabby Williams?

Faulkner isn’t playing season, and Gabby is more of an emergency backup PG.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Faulkner isn’t playing season, and Gabby is more of an emergency backup PG.

They must've had a lot of emergencies last year, because she appeared to be the primary backup as far as I could tell.

Reaction Score
Diamond was on First Take.

Great clip! So Diamond thinks she is the best guard in the WNBA. And she thinks part of the reason the WNBA doesn't get more support from women is that women tend to resent other women who are successful. And Stephen A. doesn't think men should be coaching in the WNBA. Hmmm...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great clip! So Diamond thinks she is the best guard in the WNBA. And she thinks part of the reason the WNBA doesn't get more support from women is that women tend to resent other women who are successful. And Stephen A. doesn't think men should be coaching in the WNBA. Hmmm...

Thanks for the preview so I can bypass this gem. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Listening to it more than once it seemed that she quantified her statement by defining her "being the best" in the area of speed and athleticism. I had every intention of tearing into her statement so I listened to it again to be sure. Now I believe that she still believes that those areas are probably paramount in importance as evidenced by the problems she had with respect to her development in college. There are many guards in the WNBA who do things she can't do either, but in her actual statement, she did not exclude those aspect entirely. By those areas I mean BBIQ, floor vision, passing as well as variable intangibles. Sometimes people tend to focus importance on the things they do well. Or perhaps they also do those things well because that is their primary focus.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Diamond was on First Take.

Diamond sound as if she was nervous, guess this was her first time on the program. I didn't recognize her without a headband and protective glasses / goggles.
As for men coaching in the WNBA, some players have said they prefer a male coach.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
They must've had a lot of emergencies last year, because she appeared to be the primary backup as far as I could tell.

I can't remember perfectly, but I think Faulkner may have been slower coming back from injury than they had hoped. Also, the Chloe Jackson draft pick didn't pan out.

So I think Gabby probably played a lot more point guard than they had expected.

It's nice knowing that Gabby can fill in with minutes at PG if someone is out with an injury, but I definitely feel more comfortable having a 2nd true PG behind Sloot.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Great clip! So Diamond thinks she is the best guard in the WNBA.

It's not really that outlandish. She was 2nd team All-WNBA last year. The only guards that got more votes were Sloot and Chelsea Gray, who are PGs and play completely different roles.

She may have been guilty of slight hyperbole but she *is* just about the best in the league at what she does.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I just don't understand the idolization of Skyler. Yes she can score but she is not an efficient scorer (last year < 30% from 3 pt for example)

She does have good assist numbers but she can be hot and cold and when she is not shooting well, her body language is very pouty. A remnant of her ND days against UConn I guess. Very different from McBride.
I have to think part of her value is the name recognition factor.

She does get to the line quite a bit and is a good free throw shooter, which compensates for her mediocre field goal percentage. Also, she has generally been the 1st scoring option on atrocious teams her entire WNBA career, which isn't good for her field goal percentage either.

She's had kind of a weird career - solid rookie year in 2013, excellent year two in 2014 (all-WNBA 1st team), was off to a great start in 2015 before tearing ACL, down year in 2016 in first season back from ACL tear, return to form in 2017 (all-WNBA 1st team again), and then was just slightly worse in 2018 but has a pretty good excuse in that she was pregnant.

When healthy, Skylar is generally one of the best offensive guards in the WNBA.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
To bad Geno seemed not to know Karlie was on the team. His comments would have been very interesting.

Yeah, he spoke of KLS, Azura, Moriah, Arike, and Diggins-Smith but nothing about Karlie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom