WNBA mock draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How many mocks are available in this draft?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Pat Summit was a consultant for several years. Seriously. :)
I know. That was back when Holdsclaw was on their roster and I actually think her role was to try to make things work for Chamique, who was eventually diagnosed with depressiion.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I would not be displeased if Natalie Novosel became the #1 pick of the Sun. For one thing, I don't think there will be too many shining stars available by the time the Sun are on the clock, and I also think she bears comparison to Lindsay Whalen, especially in the negative column: uncertain shot, inferior speed, needs to improve defensively. All of those things were true of Whalen not only when she was drafted, but in her first year or two in the league. But the positives are also the same: an ability and desire to drive to the hoop, a propensity/ability to get fouled, reliability to play consistently every night and to hit free throws at a very high percentage, toughness, competitiveness, and personal maturity.

If the Sun face a choice between Novosel and Tiffany Hayes, I would want them to take Novosel.

Novosel = Another Kelsey Griffin? Maybe a better out side shot but no "Jordan Rules" for her in the WNBA. Kelsey is the definition of a blue collar 'baller on the court. I love how hard she works.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Novosel = Another Kelsey Griffin? Maybe a better out side shot but no "Jordan Rules" for her in the WNBA. Kelsey is the definition of a blue collar 'baller on the court. I love how hard she works.
That may be Novosel's biggest challenge, no Jordan rules.

Reaction Score
Wow, can't believe so many people are drinking the Kool-Aid on Tiffany Hayes. Can't question her toughness, but people, she was a near bust against top teams and one of the most inconsistent players we've seen come through the Uconn machine. You really think she's gonna be able to handle the NEXT level?? The only thing in her favor is the weakness of the draft. I see some sites having her drafted as high as 8th and some not at all. People get way to offended when there's strong critque of our Uconn women, hey, she's an athlete, judge her on that, and don't get soft because she's a women. She played small in big games, provided NO leadership as a senior. 30 points against Sister Mary's School of the blind followed by games of 6,9,11,8 points then another 30 point game followed by another group of duds. All you needed to see was the last play of her career, she came up flat when she had the chance to be the hero. Frustrating, very frustrating watching her play.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wow, can't believe so many people are drinking the Kool-Aid on Tiffany Hayes. Can't question her toughness, but people, she was a near bust against top teams and one of the most inconsistent players we've seen come through the Uconn machine. You really think she's gonna be able to handle the NEXT level?? The only thing in her favor is the weakness of the draft. I see some sites having her drafted as high as 8th and some not at all. People get way to offended when there's strong critque of our Uconn women, hey, she's an athlete, judge her on that, and don't get soft because she's a women. She played small in big games, provided NO leadership as a senior. 30 points against Sister Mary's School of the blind followed by games of 6,9,11,8 points then another 30 point game followed by another group of duds. All you needed to see was the last play of her career, she came up flat when she had the chance to be the hero. Frustrating, very frustrating watching her play.

Can't believe you had to come here just to waste the bandwidth with this post.

Reaction Score
Ahhh, I see, an opinion differing from your own is automatically wrong, First Amendment means nothing, and negative comments about said Uconn Ladies are strictly verboten. An adult discussion of opinions would be to much for you?
God, I bet you're a die hard Red Sox fan too.

Reaction Score
Tiff's game is not suited for the WNBA IMO. No jump shot, too careless with the ball and loses herself on the court in crunch time. Unless a team needs a support players to spell starters, she might find the WNBA game too tough. I hope that I am totally wrong........

Reaction Score
Tiff's game is not suited for the WNBA IMO. No jump shot, too careless with the ball and loses herself on the court in crunch time. Unless a team needs a support players to spell starters, she might find the WNBA game too tough. I hope that I am totally wrong........

This is exactly what some teams do need. Really, outside of maybe the top 3 or 4, I don't think there are many prospects in this draft who are going to be asked to come in and start right away. I hope Tiffany can carve out a support role on some team because she has proven (at least in college) that she can thrive in that type of situation. Tiffany is no star, but she does bring some things to the table (speed, athleticism, championship experience) that can potentially help a team on that level.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Ahhh, I see, an opinion differing from your own is automatically wrong, First Amendment means nothing, and negative comments about said Uconn Ladies are strictly verboten. An adult discussion of opinions would be to much for you?

When we get to an adult discussion, we'll cross that bridge. We haven't gotten there yet .

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Tiff is more comfortable as a supporting player. She has more athleticism than most and surprising durability. Tiff really wants to win and is accustomed to winning. She should be able to find a niche.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ashley Battle and Kalana Greene carved out nice careers in the WNBA. I think Tiff has more offensive pop than either, and is more athletic and a better defender than Kalana. it remains to be seen how good she is in the W or how long she lasts. People keep talking about Stricklen as a top 3 or 4 pick, but what exactly did she do at Tennessee to distinguish herself? Tiff's PPG numbers are similar to Stricklen's, but her 3-point shooting, assists, etc. are better. i'm not sure who had better rebounding numbers. i guess at 6'1" or so, Stricklen is taller, but mostly she has potential. she was never a star at Tennessee any more than Tiff was a star at UCONN.

Again, time will tell, but if none of these Tennessee players could get their team to a final 4, there's a reason for that. the draft is so weak this year that the Tenn players look better by comparison.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

You have a misunderstanding of the First Amendment.

Differing opinions are welcome, but that doesn't mean unchallenged.

Reaction Score
A number of the mock drafts I've seen have Tiff going to Phoenix, which would be a good fit. Her ability to get up and down the court and slash to the rim would fit in well there. She might find it a bit more difficult to get the uniform #3 there, I understand it's taken.

Reaction Score
she was a near bust against top teams and one of the most inconsistent players we've seen come through the Uconn machine.

If you said that last year I would've agreed, but she definitely came on her senior and played much better in big games.
I'm not saying that makes her WNBA material - I have some doubts - but to just drive by and say "she didnt play against big teams" seems more like an attempt to stir up trouble than provide analysis.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Gee, you're not as aggressive when you use your other handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom