WNBA June 2019 Musings, scores, pictures, etc | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WNBA June 2019 Musings, scores, pictures, etc

Reaction Score
She did. I've been very impressed with Russell so far this season. She's shown a toughness I never saw at Tennessee. I noticed overall improvement in her game while watching a couple of her Polish team's games earlier in the year. I think Stewie might get a few more championships, with all that talent, and Sue might never retire.
Seattle might have Mercedes, and Ezi Magbegor coming off the bench for Stewie, and Howard next year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Seattle might have Mercedes, and Ezi Magbegor coming off the bench for Stewie, and Howard next year.

Maybe Stewie is versatile enough to play the 3 and they can go w/ a big lineup.

Reaction Score
I haven't been able to stomach watching the Sparks play so poorly. I thought they would be the best team in the League with the Aces.
Anyone have ideas about why the Sparks are doing badly?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I haven't been able to stomach watching the Sparks play so poorly. I thought they would be the best team in the League with the Aces.
Anyone have ideas about why the Sparks are doing badly?

I have one idea..... but you probably wouldn't like it :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
...lol
Other forums have also pointed out Parker as the problem. She's probably past her prime and out of shape. She's had multiple knee issues since she was a Freshman.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
...lol
Other forums have also pointed out Parker as the problem. She's probably past her prime and out of shape. She's had multiple knee issues since she was a Freshman.
Eh, seriously, I'm not a fan but I'd cut her slack for now. She's working her way back from offseason rust and now injury. Trying to adapt to a new coach and fit into a crowded frontcourt. She does look slightly out of shape to me. But I'll be shocked if the Sparks don't at least show improvement by the end of the season.

I'm actually quicker to blame it on the bad karma of signing Ms. "All 18"...

Reaction Score
Eh, seriously, I'm not a fan but I'd cut her slack for now. She's working her way back from offseason rust and now injury. Trying to adapt to a new coach and fit into a crowded frontcourt. She does look slightly out of shape to me. But I'll be shocked if the Sparks don't at least show improvement by the end of the season.

I'm actually quicker to blame it on the bad karma of signing Ms. "All 18"...
2 Observations from the Sparks-Mercury game Sunday:

1) I noticed Parker actually tried to play some defense. I'm not a Parker fan but also feel she should be cut a little slack for rust/injury. (OK that's my quota of nice comments about Parker for the next 3 years)

2) Although the crowd was well behaved and didn't loudly heckle Riquna Williams (I was tempted to shout something during her couple free throw attempts, but exercised unusual self-discipline), there were numerous "18" related comments from fans all around us whenever she came in the game.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
2 Observations from the Sparks-Mercury game Sunday:

1) I noticed Parker actually tried to play some defense. I'm not a Parker fan but also feel she should be cut a little slack for rust/injury. (OK that's my quota of nice comments about Parker for the next 3 years)

2) Although the crowd was well behaved and didn't loudly heckle Riquna Williams (I was tempted to shout something during her couple free throw attempts, but exercised unusual self-discipline), there were numerous "18" related comments from fans all around us whenever she came in the game.

I wouldn't heckle her :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Lynx have pretty much dominated the 1st half so far, now up 16 in mid-2Q.
Sims has 13 so far.
Collier and Fowles both with 8.
Napheesa looks very comfortable out there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sims has 13 so far.

Generally agree but I wish Pheesa would get more rotation on her 3pt shot (0-2). It still looks too much like a shot put to me. On the plus side, her movement on offense is great and her defensive positioning is excellent.

Now 43-23 at half with Pheesa getting 11.

Reaction Score
Aces Seattle game very physical.
Jewel Lloyd probably broke her ankle in ugly non contact energy

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aces / Storm game brutal to watch. Incompetence on both sides in all facets including FT shooting. But Aja Wilson came up big on both ends in the final minute including an athletic Stewie like block of a KML 3 pt shot. A bit of revenge from college I imagine. :(

Plebe

Reaction Score
They are calling it a sprain but it lookee like a nasty one.
Well, that's a problem for Seattle.
Sorry to hear that. Hope Jewell heals soon.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How many injuries can Seattle possibly have this season? Canada is back now apparently.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How many injuries can Seattle possibly have this season? Canada is back now apparently.

Gotta feel for Loyd, hope it's nothing serious and that she's back in a couple of weeks. Looked painful though, I hated how they replayed it like 10x.

Not sure having Canada back helps much...she's played pretty poorly this season IMO.

Howard didn't have her best game but man she is SO improved from her Minnesota days. She's just so athletic and has improved her ball handling and ability to attack the basket off the dribble. If Stewart comes back 100% Seattle is going to be lights out next year. They're still pretty solid, almost beating Vegas on the road without Loyd/Stewart/Bird and shooting horribly from the floor.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Aces / Storm game brutal to watch. Incompetence on both sides in all facets including FT shooting. But Aja Wilson came up big on both ends in the final minute including an athletic Stewie like block of a KML 3 pt shot. A bit of revenge from college I imagine. :(

The Wilson/Cambage combo is interesting....both clearly haven't hit their stride yet. Vegas is loaded at most positions but they are struggling to find good chemistry on the court. A'ja came up big in the clutch tonight. She's become an excellent defensive player and can dominate the paint. I think their biggest issue is they need to run more set plays to get her/Cambage the ball on the block or in the high post. Both are extremely effective at either spot.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Sims has 13 so far.

Ended up being too little too late for Indy. Erica Wheeler is becoming one of the better PGs in the league...never would've guessed that coming out of college undrafted. Props to her.

McCowan also had a good showing going up against Fowles. 11 points, 7 boards, 3 steals and 2 blocks on 5-9 shooting in 29 minutes. Big Syl had 9pts/11rbs plus 2 blocks, 3-7 shooting from the floor. After struggling to start the season, Big T is averaging 10.3 points, 12 boards and 1.8 blocks over the last 4 games. She could challenge Durr/Collier for ROY if she keeps it up.

Reaction Score
Ended up being too little too late for Indy. Erica Wheeler is becoming one of the better PGs in the league...never would've guessed that coming out of college undrafted. Props to her.

McCowan also had a good showing going up against Fowles. 11 points, 7 boards, 3 steals and 2 blocks on 5-9 shooting in 29 minutes. Big Syl had 9pts/11rbs plus 2 blocks, 3-7 shooting from the floor. After struggling to start the season, Big T is averaging 10.3 points, 12 boards and 1.8 blocks over the last 4 games. She could challenge Durr/Collier for ROY if she keeps it up.
I’m very, very surprised to see Teaira McCowan having this level of impact early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom