And the winner is ...

• D and the Mercury

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Parker and the Sky

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I'm more excited for this final than any since 2014. Huskies all over the court and a classic matchup between two Hall of famers the goat and perhaps one of the most underrated top 10 players of all time. I'm hoping this one goes five and I'll be rooting for the Mercury.

Reaction Score
Bri Turner is my favorite player. The last time these teams played she held Parker to a career low of 2 pts. Obviously the Finals is going to bring out maximum effort from Parker, but I'm excited for the matchup.

Copper is going to have a field day this series. Hopefully at least Cunningham returns. I'm not sure how the Sky will guard BG, but she has to dominate in order to win this series.

Go Mercury!!! (Although I do admire Parker and her getting her team to the Finals is amazing)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Phoenix is probably going to pull it out with Griner playing the way she is and if Taurasi continues to show up. Griner just dominates and I don't see the Sky having an answer for her. I also think Turner is the type of player to give Parker fits if they match up. Games are also only 2 days apart which Parker has struggled with in recent years. The semis I believe were spaced out 3 days apart, not sure why the finals are being jammed together. I think it'll be a great series though. Pretty funny how the 5th/6th seed finals match is going to gather a heck of a lot more hype than #1 Connecticut vs. #2 Vegas would have.

Reaction Score
My hope is that Taurasi stops barking at the officials from start to finish. Yes, she gets fouled a lot, but she gives as good as she gets. And she then becomes like the boy who cried wolf - they tune her out after awhile and then she doesn't get the calls end of game when she should. Just shut up and play!

Reaction Score
My hope is that Taurasi stops barking at the officials from start to finish. Yes, she gets fouled a lot, but she gives as good as she gets. And she then becomes like the boy who cried wolf - they tune her out after awhile and then she doesn't get the calls end of game when she should. Just shut up and play!
The refs are going to have to deal with Taurasi and Parker:D:eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I get that Chicago probably can't guard Griner and Taurasi, but Phoenix has absolutely nobody w/ the combination of size and quickness to deal w/ Copper (and DeShields if she can get herself going).

Stevens hung tough w/ Jonquel. Griner's even bigger, but maybe Azure will be more effective in offsetting BG at least a little bit than Las Vegas was. I could see Turner really limiting Parker like she did Wilson. Dolson and Ndour-Fall can't possibly provide less than Hamby and Stokes did.

Las Vegas kept themselves in the series w/ their perimeter players. Young did next to nothing but the Merc had a lot of problems w/ Gray, Williams and Plum. Are they really gonna do a better job against Copper, Quigley, Sloot and DeShields? I doubt it very much.

Nurse is out for the whole series. We don't know about Cunningham yet. They've done what they needed to to get this far, but maybe at some point Phoenix will get worn out and Chicago's depth will give them a big advantage.

Reaction Score
They’re really pushing this Parker-DT rivalry…was this really a thing? I don’t remember it ever being one

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good start for Phoenix, they were up as much as 9. But here comes the Sky, now leading by 4. I'm not gonna make a prediction, but the Sky clearly weren't intimidated by the Sun and they won't be in this series either.

Reaction Score
They’re really pushing this Parker-DT rivalry…was this really a thing? I don’t remember it ever being one
Right? They brought up that there is no love lost? I dont remember them even being that way. Just two great competitors and players that make game winning plays.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I hope she's able to play in this series, but in the meantime Cunningham is providing entertainment w/ her wardrobe choices. Today's shirt is like half of a hospital gown.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Steph has some barking to do too

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Mercury back in swiss cheese defense mode.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
17-0 Chicago run just before halftime. Taurasi picked up her 3rd foul.

Sky backcourt lighting up the Merc. Who predicted that? :rolleyes: Parker doing plenty of damage too.

Reaction Score
Parker is making a lot of good plays on both ends. Sky really aren't playing up to their full potential either. Mercury just look tired, physically and mentally.

Reaction Score
I thought Chicago would win this first game as Phoenix hasn't had sufficient rest comparatively and with their injuries aren't as deep so starters have to play more minutes. I didn't think it would catch up to them until the 4th quarter though.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If only Chicago could hit some 3's they might have a chance in this game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dolson having a good game, but the rest of the Sky bench has been awful. Getting less than nothing from DeShields and Evans. Missing shots, committing fouls and turning the ball over, that's all those 2 have done.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Copper is absurdly dynamic. Could have used Nurse and Cunningham to at least make her feel some defense.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Alright, let's go ahead and say it: Phoenix's perimeter defenders are BAD. Somehow Diggins-Smith and Peddy have reputations of being good defenders, but I sure don't see it. Yeah, Nurse is out, but I didn't really see her being any different in Game 1-3 of previous series than whoever the replacement player (s) was. Aces guards lit them up. Sky guards are lighting them up. Difference is the Sky bigs are holding their own, which Aces didn't manage to do.

Copper has ARRIVED. She's been a good player the last 2 years, but she's putting a huge stamp on these playoffs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sky trying to screw around and make a game of this. Brondello sat down DT and BG w/ a seemingly insurmountable deficit and the Merc go on a big run.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I thought Chicago would win this first game as Phoenix hasn't had sufficient rest comparatively and with their injuries aren't as deep so starters have to play more minutes. I didn't think it would catch up to them until the 4th quarter though.

Absolutely. I think they will be OK. The same thing happened to them in the last series. Emotional OT win over Seattle and then had to play Vegas right away after that and lost. Hard to bounce back on that short rest. And for Taurasi even tougher with the late night / early morning birth.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sloot only played 28 minutes. If they could play her close to 40 minutes w/out wearing her out, the Sky would be close to unbeatable. Evans has been AWFUL the entire playoffs. I thought Wade finally figured out toward the end of the series w/ the Sun that he can't play her, but apparently he forgot already. There has to be a better option for getting Sloot some rest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom