WNBA draft thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

WNBA draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
can we change the subject line of this thread...geesh!

"TN's Kelley Cain, SS & Glory all get picked in the 2012 WNBA Draft... lets discuss"
Did evolve/devolve thusly, didn't it?

Honestly, there's a lot that could be discussed regarding that recruiting class of 2008 for the LVs, but I'm glad that LV fans are happy for their success. Those kids walked into a tough situation, one different from what they signed up for, and oftentimes ended up being a lightening rod for a lot of criticism in the process. If the end result is being valued at the next level and a fanbase that respects what they went through to get there, it's not a bad thing at all. Hopefully, having gone through the adversity they did will serve them well.

Reaction Score
how prahalis went before 10 other people i will never know...including hayes

She was the best (if not the only) pure PG in the draft, which addressed a need for Phoenix. Wasn't a bad pick by them in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Did evolve/devolve thusly, didn't it?

Honestly, there's a lot that could be discussed regarding that recruiting class of 2008 for the LVs, but I'm glad that LV fans are happy for their success. Those kids walked into a tough situation, one different from what they signed up for, and oftentimes ended up being a lightening rod for a lot of criticism in the process. If the end result is being valued at the next level and a fanbase that respects what they went through to get there, it's not a bad thing at all. Hopefully, having gone through the adversity they did will serve them well.

and on that lovely, and dreamy note, i shall go to bed. :) night all

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
She was the best (if not the only) pure PG in the draft, which addressed a need for Phoenix. Wasn't a bad pick by them in my opinion.
I agree. Had any other PG with talent been available there, Phoenix goes in that direction. It will be interesting to see how it goes in Phoenix.. Some good PG's will be available as rosters are cut down and I bet Phoenix picks up another, so Sammy better not assume the job is hers.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
This season the reasoning that Pat's illness affected the team holds true, of course. But clearly, based on their potential coming out of high school and the potential that pro scouts see in them, shows that something went awry in Knoxville in their four years. Was it this particular group? Or were they the start of a larger issue at Tennessee? Because obviously, they were the first class to never get to the Final Four, but if next year's class doesn't, well then that's two classes in a row, and then the next...etc, etc.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
who was best dressed?

anyone topped Maya's outfit?

Reaction Score
I know Geno asked Shea to change to be over a leader and a team player after her sophomore season, but individually her sophomore season was arguably her best. She averaged her highest points per game and set the UConn single season record for free throws made. She shot 41% from the 3-point line, 59% overall from the field, and 80% from the line. I'm curious how that season was disappointing?

Highly doubtful.

Her only chance would be if she's still recovering and she comes back next year a lot healthier. Kind of like how Shea did her junior year after a disappointing soph year. But the probability of that doesn't seem high.

Unfortunately the injuries have just taken too much away from her quickness and lift to compete at the next level.

Reaction Score
I thought the MN Lynx taking Jackie Gemelos of USC with their last pick was a classy act considering how unlucky she was with 5 ACL operations! It must have brought a smile to her face!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
how prahalis went before 10 other people i will never know...including hayes
they arent point guard... this is a business, teams get what they think will work for them

Reaction Score
As far as the Lynx are concerned, I think now the other shoe starts to drop, and they start trading off some of their quality depth for 2013 first round picks.

Reaction Score
I know Geno asked Shea to change to be over a leader and a team player after her sophomore season, but individually her sophomore season was arguably her best. She averaged her highest points per game and set the UConn single season record for free throws made. She shot 41% from the 3-point line, 59% overall from the field, and 80% from the line. I'm curious how that season was disappointing?

For starters: sweet 16 loss to Iowa St.
She had that wrist injury?
It's a long time ago, so maybe I'm mis-remembering. But I just recall it being a frustrating season with losses, and seemed like she wasn't fully recovered from the injuries. Her junior year she seemed more like the Shea of her frosh year. No, not the same level of quickness, but dominant in other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom