WNBA -- 2023 Season | Page 45 | The Boneyard

WNBA -- 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the Liberty upset the Aces in a high scoring affair 94-90.
Well, I don't know how well the word "upset" applies to the two best teams in the game. I consider it a "pick 'em" even though the Aces are at home. Of course the "house" is always favored in Vegas regardless of the game. I think it's a law.

Looking forward to it!

Reaction Score
So...does that mean the refs are waiting to see if the shot goes in before they blow the whistle? I sometimes have a sneaking suspicion that's exactly what they do. Shot goes in, you get your 2 points. Shot doesn't go in, they send you to the line to still maybe get 2 points. It shouldn't work that way, but I do wonder about it.

edit--in a recent game she was an ice cold 4-17, but she got 11 FTs in that game
Some players like Stewie, EDD, and A'ja when in close get hit almost every time.
I think the referees only call the foul if you are knocked backwards or fall down.
They really need to clean up the inside defense, the league is becoming like the Detroit Bad Boys of the NBA.

Reaction Score
Big night tonight. Liberty vs. Aces.

Predictions?

ESPN has it at as home team Aces 64.4. %.
Sadly I’m taking the Aces. The Liberty have yet to figure out how to get all of their pieces together

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I think the Aces have to be the favorite tonight for a few reasons:

1. They've been the better, more cohesive team thus far this year.
2. They will be at home, and last played Monday, at home. NYL had to fly from CT after playing them on Tuesday night, and this will be their third game in 5 days (a lineup of DC/CT/LV is as brutal as it gets in the league). The Aces should easily be the fresher team.

Reaction Score
I think the Aces have to be the favorite tonight for a few reasons:

1. They've been the better, more cohesive team thus far this year.
2. They will be at home, and last played Monday, at home. NYL had to fly from CT after playing them on Tuesday night, and this will be their third game in 5 days (a lineup of DC/CT/LV is as brutal as it gets in the league). The Aces should easily be the fresher team.
The one benefit Liberty have is thus far they have played a tougher schedule. Of the 4 WNBA teams with winning records, they have played 2 of them and have a 3-1 record. Aces have only played the CT Sun and have a 1-1 record. Will be interesting to see how today goes.

Reaction Score
The one benefit Liberty have is thus far they have played a tougher schedule. Of the 4 WNBA teams with winning records, they have played 2 of them and have a 3-1 record. Aces have only played the CT Sun and have a 1-1 record. Will be interesting to see how today goes.
Agreed. It also depends on which Ionescu shows up? 30+ pt Sabrina, or abysmal shooting Sabrina.

Hoping to see a big game out of Stewart. I really want her to become a multiple time MVP and she appears to be in contention this year.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It also depends on which Ionescu shows up? 30+ pt Sabrina, or abysmal shooting Sabrina.

Hoping to see a big game out of Stewart. I really want her to become a multiple time MVP and she appears to be in contention this year.

Add in defence too as the Liberty as a whole go into these weird lapses. Don't understand it with the level of talent they have.

Reaction Score
As the two super-teams separate themselves from the rest of the pact, and next tier teams (Connecticut and Washington) suffer injuries, those two team will likely be favored in all their road games except against each other.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
As the two super-teams separate themselves from the rest of the pact, and next tier teams (Connecticut and Washington) suffer injuries, those two team will likely be favored in all their road games except against each other.
This feels a lot like 2016/2017 when it was a clear 2 team race the entire season. I'd bet a lot of money the finals will be #1 seed Vegas vs. #2 seed NY.

Reaction Score
This feels a lot like 2016/2017 when it was a clear 2 team race the entire season. I'd bet a lot of money the finals will be #1 seed Vegas vs. #2 seed NY.
Dolson being out 3 weeks could end up helping the liberty. Xu Han comes back net week.
This will give Han and Sabally more minutes to get used to playing.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Dolson being out 3 weeks could end up helping the liberty. Xu Han comes back net week.
This will give Han and Sabally more minutes to get used to playing.
Sheesh I didn’t realize how much post depth NY has. Has to be among the tallest front courts ever:
6-11 Han Xu
6-6 Jonquel Jones (6-11 wing span)
6-5 Stef Dolson
6-5 Nyara Sabally
6-4 Breanna Stewart (7-1 wing span)

Reaction Score
Big night tonight. Liberty vs. Aces.

Predictions?

ESPN has it at as home team Aces 64.4. %.
Surprised that ESPN didn't pick up the game. Or NBA TV... Prime Video?
Amy Poehler Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Instead they decide to broadcast Fever (5-9) vs. Mercury (2-11), and Storm (4-10) vs. Lynx (5-9). Someone should be getting reprimanded for not getting the Aces/Liberty game on national TV.
Exactly. That is insane. I love my Lynx but their matchup with Seattle, that one should be on Prime.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Aren't the Aces the defending champs? Very few of their games have been available for me to watch. It doesn't seem like the league is really putting them at the forefront the way you would expect. Doesn't make any sense. It's my understanding several of their players are fairly popular, they have multiple All Stars/MVPs/Finals MVPs. Yeah, lets put the games with mediocre teams on TV instead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, I forgot about my remarkable ability to jinx teams or individual players. Now, once again since I'm not watching, my favorite player is totally lighting it up. I guess it's a good thing I can't see it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

They recently picked up the much travelled Joyner Holmes. She had a couple nice games in a row for them, looks like she got the starting nod tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom