WNBA—Declaring for the 2023 Draft | Page 8 | The Boneyard

WNBA—Declaring for the 2023 Draft

Reaction Score
I thought that too but in other threads players declared but also stated that they retained their college eligibility.
I could not find anywhere on the WNBA website that stated that retaining their eligibility was possible.

I believe the players withdrew before the draft. Once they go through it with an agent, they forfeit their eligibility. I may be wrong but I think it marries the nba in that regard

Reaction Score
Below is a screenshot of P5 + Big East All-Conference players who declared but went undrafted.

Note: Declared defined as those listed by WNBA however there are players who weren't on that list who got drafted (e.g. Monika Czinano and Brittany Davis) so the list isn't definitive.

View attachment 87282
Some players who were automatically in the draft by virtue of not having eligibility left did not bother to send an email to the WNBA to be included on their list and I root for all of them for saving us time in having to double-check whether they were surrendering eligibility. The only player who absolutely had to declare who was not drafted was Alex Fowler from Portland. Destiny Littleton would have had to apply for a hardship year and I could not figure out why Jaia Alexander did not play this season so she might have had a case for hardship too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom