With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one?

With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one?

• Noon

Votes: 50 33.3%
  • 2pm

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • 5pm

Votes: 39 26.0%
  • Don't drink so not an issue

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • party hard till 5am sleep a couple hours and back at it at 11am

Votes: 22 14.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
If golfing it's the tee time which tells me when. I played last weekend but admittedly thinking of staying away this weekend despite the guys still going at it. Why take the chance? Oh I know why so I can have my morning coffee with sambuca/baileys prior to tee. Then have a few beers and a couple nips of McGillicudy's that's why.
Crazy thing is I rarely drink at home so this is a "good thing" for that portion of my life. When people come over, boys for poker are really the only times I drink at home. I'm loaded with inventory because of that so no worries there but for now if I'm not golfing or watching the NCAA dance I'm cutting way down. Call me a bar fly of sorts. I had 2 Mich Ultra's the other night when my son came over and we grilled some nice steaks. Other than that zero for this week.

Now for the answer, whatever time you feel you would like to have one or a few is the right time. If you don't have weber's, teleconferences and such then wake up and throw a nip or 2 in your coffee to see how you feel. Then take it from there.

Reaction Score
If golfing it's the tee time which tells me when. I played last weekend but admittedly thinking of staying away this weekend despite the guys still going at it. Why take the chance? Oh I know why so I can have my morning coffee with sambuca/baileys prior to tee. Then have a few beers and a couple nips of McGillicudy's that's why.
Crazy thing is I rarely drink at home so this is a "good thing" for that portion of my life. When people come over, boys for poker are really the only times I drink at home. I'm loaded with inventory because of that so no worries there but for now if I'm not golfing or watching the NCAA dance I'm cutting way down. Call me a bar fly of sorts. I had 2 Mich Ultra's the other night when my son came over and we grilled some nice steaks. Other than that zero for this week.

Now for the answer, whatever time you feel you would like to have one or a few is the right time. If you don't have weber's, teleconferences and such then wake up and throw a nip or 2 in your coffee to see how you feel. Then take it from there.

Or maybe a couple pulls off a warm bottle of Rebel Yell from your trunk?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

9:24 tee time today. Good chance there's a screwdriver in my hand as we ride to the first tee. I read some stuff suggesting lots of Vitamin C and E are good for keeping off the Corona.

Reaction Score
I told my wife that the 200 bottles of booze and the 8 cases of beer we have in the house was made for a time like this.

Side note, she’s a teetotaler.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
9:24 tee time today. Good chance there's a screwdriver in my hand as we ride to the first tee. I read some stuff suggesting lots of Vitamin C and E are good for keeping off the Corona.

I'd go with G&Ts right now. It was the Brits favored medicine against malaria during their imperialistic days. Quinine. You'll need to pump down about three an hour for prophylactic effect, which I'm sure you can handle, although it might get increasingly tougher to score well on the back nine.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
its only been a week but it literally feels like a freaking month.

maybe because im drunk 24/7

Since summer I've been a shut in due to repeated vitreous hemorrhages. I have to sleep upright, and have both eyes covered for all but a few minutes at a time in order for the blood to clear.

I get everyone freaking out, but it could be worse.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Since summer I've been a shut in due to repeated vitreous hemorrhages. I have to sleep upright, and have both eyes covered for all but a few minutes at a time in order for the blood to clear.

Thanks for that. I'm going crazy because I've been housebound for a week due to combined ankle/knee injuries where I can't even drive. Now I don't feel so bad for me. It indeed could be worse. Take care and hope your condition improves post haste!

Reaction Score

Get healthy tom and take care of yourself.

Reaction Score
Or maybe a couple pulls off a warm bottle of Rebel Yell from your trunk?

Never leave The 'Yell out Deep, never. Warms the cockles of any heart. (and burns it a little too)

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I haven't started day drinking yet. My drinking now starts around 5 (earlier than usual) when I watch the local news, followed by the national news. I had a stockpile of Heady Topper and Focal. Will be gone soon though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Two Ultras isn't drinking. You've failed your son.

Partner was drinking Much Ultras today. I had the Sam Adams NEIPA. This was about 11am.

IMG_20200320_112043780~2.jpg

Reaction Score
This has been fun but in all honesty you guys understand what alcohol does to your immune system right

Reaction Score
wife & i hit our first resort last year in jamaica. first morning, woke up around 10, had some coffee opened the blinds and the pool bar was packed! even better, the jerk chicken guy had his grill running.
I’m sure the chicken guy was fine.....why you have to call him a jerk??

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
not mandating individual carts?

Actually, supposedly yes.

They pulled all the takes out of bunkers and took away all the water coolers on the course. Gave complimentary bottles of waters instead. Bathroom shacks had doors open on the course.
Anywho, there was a group of older dudes- about 15-20 70 year olds having an outing. They were all in their own carts.
Guy I was with was a co-worker and we would have already infected each other.
So, we were a twosome and when a foursome let us play through they mentioned the one person per cart. We said we must be too young for the course to worry about us. Good laughs all around since we already figured out between their groups and us we had served in all four branches and had every war since Korea covered.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yo dude what state you golfing in? Handicap maybe?

just a friendly UConn board and you’re one of the more interesting posters

Down south in western Florida. Handicap? Right now it's trying to get any iron shot to on its intended line. Very frustrating.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Everyone does agree separate rules for the weekend, correct? Especially when everything's locked down. I think a 2-drink breakfast is fair right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom