With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one?

With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one?

• Noon

Votes: 50 33.3%
  • 2pm

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • 5pm

Votes: 39 26.0%
  • Don't drink so not an issue

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • party hard till 5am sleep a couple hours and back at it at 11am

Votes: 22 14.7%

• Total voters

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Wake and Bake!

So SF closed the dispensaries on Wednesday morning and come that afternoon... OPEN! Now that's a lobbying action!

Probably a smart thing to do. You can get wine, beer, & liquor at the supermarket (and if it's a good supermarket, you can get decent liquor) so there are no worries there. But you don't want people going back to the park to buy their weed. And they re-opened the deliver service too.

In a little over a week, it's going to be 4/20 for an entire month!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Everyone does agree separate rules for the weekend, correct? Especially when everything's locked down. I think a 2-drink breakfast is fair right now.

This is uncharted territory. A 2-drink breakfast may just be mandatory for some.

Reaction Score
I more or less “wake and bake” every day. However I think the key to getting through this period of time might be mushrooms. Bought some several months ago to try micro dosing- they have come in handy and I’m very popular right now in my hood.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
My Great Aunt use to always to say only alcoholics drink before noon, and then everyday during the summer she'd make herself a gin and tonic as soon as the clock turned from 11:59 to 12:00
As we say in my family: I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk - Alcoholics go to meetings, I'm going to the bar! (or the liquor cabinet now.)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As we say in my family: I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk - Alcoholics go to meetings, I'm going to the bar! (or the liquor cabinet now.)

I just took an inventory and there's a crapton of cordials that's probably 20+ years old and came into our marriage with my wife. Stuff like grenadine, blue cacao, creme de menthe, and whatnot. Given we can no longer purchase liquor in PA I'm gonna have to break out my old Waldorf-Astoria classic cocktail book and figure out how to use this junk to stretch out the supply of booze I actually do drink.

Reaction Score
Gin+Soda* at 10:45, cheers

Restaurant around the block is giving out free small lunches for healthcare workers; definitely cashing in on that in a bit

how’s that for buzz killington @XLCenterFan

*key lime La Croix. Like a lime skittle; amazing

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I more or less “wake and bake” every day. However I think the key to getting through this period of time might be mushrooms. Bought some several months ago to try micro dosing- they have come in handy and I’m very popular right now in my hood.

Micro-dosing shrooms???? My mind can't even fathom such self-control.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How often you guys go to the package store?? We are running very low on brews and my wife is very adamant about social distancing. I’ve left the house twice in the last 10 days. Once to do curbside pickup and once to go to trail to change up the scenery of neighborhood walks. I’m not sure I can convince her beer is worth the risk.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How often you guys go to the package store?? We are running very low on brews and my wife is very adamant about social distancing. I’ve left the house twice in the last 10 days. Once to do curbside pickup and once to go to trail to change up the scenery of neighborhood walks. I’m not sure I can convince her beer is worth the risk.

I have a job I have to physically go to, so I'm already out and about most days. I take all recommended precautions in doing so. In addition to work, I go to at least three supermarkets a week as I have one for packaged/frozen/paper, one for eggs and milk, and one for bread and produce and it's a crapshoot on which has beef. All are within a mile of each other and it's just weird that some are completely stocked on particular things while other are wiped out.

Just keep your distance, bring a thing of wipes and a small bottle of sanitizer. I simply wouldn't worry much when using those precautions. I self-scan when that's an option, if not, I keep well behind whomever is in front of me in line and ensure whomever is behind me does same as while I'm old, I'm large and intimidating and I will call you out. It's not that I don't fear or respect the virus, but cooties are gonna have a tough time sticking to me.

Besides, for the next few weeks, consider beer to be more important than sharing a bed with your wife. You'll have years to make that up to her.

And if it helps your argument, tell your wife that the $9/hr kids and seniors who are picking her produce and every other box and jar and package of stuff you ordered aren't wearing gloves and besides dozens of other people have already touched all your stuff. And nobody checks the health of delivery drivers. Bringing that stuff into your house in inviting corona into your home. That will result in either your wife recognizing that beer is probably the safest thing you can buy, or you're now both gonna starve ;-)

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Definition of an Alcoholic: Someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
not mandating individual carts?

Played today at a semi-private course. Two to a cart, nothing different on course. All food/drink in clubhouse was to go only. Screwdrivers were outstanding. We did have lysol wipes and wiped our cart down entirely.

Weather was great. Had a ton of geese on course, box turtles were sunning on banks of ponds, saw a 4' gator meandering around and even got close to a good sized osprey chomping away on a fish on the 9th fairway.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Played today at a semi-private course. Two to a cart, nothing different on course. All food/drink in clubhouse was to go only. Screwdrivers were outstanding. We did have lysol wipes and wiped our cart down entirely.

Weather was great. Had a ton of geese on course, box turtles were sunning on banks of ponds, saw a 4' gator meandering around and even got close to a good sized osprey chomping away on a fish on the 9th fairway.
(translation):
'took a day safari to a sparsely populated wildlife sanctuary. traveled in a suitably rigged all electric turf eater with guide. before we hit the resupply depot to take on jerry can of fuel, and some hardtack, we coated our ride with the 'anti nasty bug' treatment, then we were off.
conditions appropriate, and in fact, excellent, for the task at hand. namely, stalking and capturing an elusive birdy, and/or, the holy grail of the hunt -- the eagle. traveling over hill and dale in our quest, we spotted the accursed poop avian near the bottom lands. kept our distance and observed. further on, we stumbled on some slow moving terps who looked like they did not want to be bothered. we obliged. sun dropping, we spied a prime example of the natural world in action - survival of the strong, as we witnessed the judgmentless action of a beast devouring its' prey. a bloody mess, yet very real.
heading back to base, slightly disappointed in our inability the score the big one, ie 'the eagle,' we still agreed, perils aside, that it was a very good day...'

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of the suggestions for virus prevention is to drink plenty of water
I heard it washes the virus in your mouth to your stomach were it’s killed by your acids . Alcohol is also known to kill the virus .
The combination of water and alcohol ( beer) seems to me a very logical combinition to. combat the disease.

Reaction Score
I have some hazmat bourbon, so named as it’s 140+ proof and can’t be brought on commercial aircraft supposedly.

I do love my high proof juice, but i’ve had these bottles for 15 or so years - now may be the time to open and enjoy them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom