With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one?

With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one?

• Noon

Votes: 50 33.3%
  • 2pm

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • 5pm

Votes: 39 26.0%
  • Don't drink so not an issue

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • party hard till 5am sleep a couple hours and back at it at 11am

Votes: 22 14.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Noon is perfectly acceptable. 11 is acceptable when on vacation. If my wife and I make a plan to hit a sports bar or something for lunch at noon on the weekend, I’ll always crack one open around 11 while she showers and gets ready. One less she knows I had when she tells me I’ve had enough at 3-4pm.

wife & i hit our first resort last year in jamaica. first morning, woke up around 10, had some coffee opened the blinds and the pool bar was packed! even better, the jerk chicken guy had his grill running.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Nobody minds a man having a morning eye opener, and it's OK to have a bracer at 10:00 am and a couple of drinks before lunch. A few beers on a hot afternoon keeps a man healthy, or at least happy. And of course everyone drinks at cocktail hour. A man can't be criticized for having wine with his dinner, a liqueur afterwards and a highball or two during the evening. But this business of sip, sip, sip all day long has got to stop. - W. C. Fields

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I light my first joint at 8 AM
Wake and Bake!

So SF closed the dispensaries on Wednesday morning and come that afternoon... OPEN! Now that's a lobbying action!

Probably a smart thing to do. You can get wine, beer, & liquor at the supermarket (and if it's a good supermarket, you can get decent liquor) so there are no worries there. But you don't want people going back to the park to buy their weed. And they re-opened the deliver service too.

Reaction Score
It’s been 3pm for me the last couple days. We’re dying of boredom at my place. My roommates and I we’re joking about how we’re only a couple days away from saying F it and playing lunch break drinking games.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Airport rules. Drink whenever you want. Mashed potatoes for breakfast? You bet.

Reaction Score
I think it's appropriate to quote the famed philosopher Mr. Mojo Risin
Well, I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer
The future's uncertain, and the end is always near

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Number one reason I keep coming into the office every day is to reduce the risk of day drinking creeping in. I’ve stayed pretty active with exercise but just the reduction in regular movement and the increase in booze and food intake has me up five pounds in one week.

I said 5 because (a) I am working until at least then and (b) calories. Can’t really increase the hours of the day when I’m consuming liquid calories. That would be no bueno for sure. I’ve also been doing video calls every day.

Reaction Score
5 pm IMo. Hard when u are home at 330 doing nothing and good beer in the fridge. Smh .

Reaction Score
I said 5 because (a) I am working until at least then and (b) calories. Can’t really increase the hours of the day when I’m consuming liquid calories. That would be no bueno for sure. I’ve also been doing video calls every day.

I’m really good about not eating much when I drink. Just enough to keep my stomach stable. I also prefer whiskey, water and a heavy splash of diet or vodka, soda, small splash of OJ. Those don’t do too much damage.

I’ve definitely been known to pound some beers, strong microbrews included, but beer is just so damn filling. In 2017, I made a New Year’s Resolution to drink whatever I wanted and watch my food intake. It didn’t work out. I drank several IPAs nightly, visited a bunch of breweries and gained 20lbs in 4 months. Lost the weight, tinkered with some different things and figured out that beer makes me gain weight much faster than whiskey. No idea why, but it does. Now I reserve most of my IPA drinking for restaurants and breweries with a good selection and atmosphere.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m really good about not eating much when I drink. Just enough to keep my stomach stable. I also prefer whiskey, water and a heavy splash of diet or vodka, soda, small splash of OJ. Those don’t do too much damage.

I’ve definitely been known to pound some beers, strong microbrews included, but beer is just so damn filling. In 2017, I made a New Year’s Resolution to drink whatever I wanted and watch my food intake. It didn’t work out. I drank several IPAs nightly, visited a bunch of breweries and gained 20lbs in 4 months. Lost the weight, tinkered with some different things and figured out that beer makes me gain weight much faster than whiskey. No idea why, but it does. Now I reserve most of my IPA drinking for restaurants and breweries with a good selection and atmosphere.

I did the same. Beer is a social beverage for me now. I’m mostly drinking whiskey now and red wine.

Reaction Score
Cold one? As in beer? You’re not drinking the hard stuff like the rest of us?

Reaction Score
Definitely agree with your strategic thinking

Normally at this time the past 15 years I wud be at a bar with my buddies watching the second wave of the first round games- instead I’m sitting in my house contemplating whether I should go for a run or to make myself a drink - I think I’ll be proactive and run first then come back and drink/

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Number one reason I keep coming into the office every day is to reduce the risk of day drinking creeping in. I’ve stayed pretty active with exercise but just the reduction in regular movement and the increase in booze and food intake has me up five pounds in one week.
Fear of the COVID 19?

Reaction Score
I'm on flex time now. Going 4 hours after waking up before the first brewski seems reasonable. That could be 10 am or 2 pm.

Reaction Score
I found a nice Covid19 elixir. Today I began drinking:

20 oz. (I think) Yeti tumbler
1. double shot Tito’s
2. Fill with water
3. Pour in 1/2 packet of Super Orange Emergen-C and
gently swirl with lid on.

Been going strong for 6 hours with little effect other than a relaxed happiness and I drink them pretty fast.

Reaction Score
5pm for me for man reasons.
1 I work till 5.
2 I usually have to run out somewhere after 5 be it to get a kid or to pick something up.
3 I've become a bit of a light weight.
My taste for beer has grown over time and I like beers with a lot of flavor and that comes with high alcohol content. I'm usually looking at 9.5% and up. Being that I get the 750 ml bottles, 1 bottle usually does me in. I usually have a meal with half of it, some good ramen or something. Then finish the rest with some chips or something. Then I sit on the couch..... Then I wake up....

So yea 5pm for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom