With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one? | The Boneyard

With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one?

With inhome isolation or distancing what's the socially accepted time to crack a cold one?

• Noon

Votes: 50 33.3%
  • 2pm

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • 5pm

Votes: 39 26.0%
  • Don't drink so not an issue

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • party hard till 5am sleep a couple hours and back at it at 11am

Votes: 22 14.7%

• Total voters

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Number one reason I keep coming into the office every day is to reduce the risk of day drinking creeping in. I’ve stayed pretty active with exercise but just the reduction in regular movement and the increase in booze and food intake has me up five pounds in one week.

Reaction Score
I've been pretty consistent taking a mid/late afternoon 2-3 mile walk, so any time after that but usually as I start cooking dinner.

No beers in the house. Down to:

* A 1/2 bottle of Widow Jane (one of the best bourbons I've tried, thanks to my brother-in-law!
* A mostly full decanter or Bullet
* A 1/2 bottle of Gran Centenario Reposado
* Some Triple Sec
* A 1/2 bottle of Asylum Distillery corn whiskey (haven't touched it since the summer)
* Two bottles of a gifted, rather expensive red blend that I don't particularly like (although I love red wine)
* A bottle of so-so chardonnay
* some leftover Indica blend from Theory Wellness from the summer (I get drug tested randomly for driving a bus to coach at the school where I teach, so I should be clear for a while).

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Normally at this time the past 15 years I wud be at a bar with my buddies watching the second wave of the first round games- instead I’m sitting in my house contemplating whether I should go for a run or to make myself a drink - I think I’ll be proactive and run first then come back and drink/

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I have to be honest, it's been awhile since I really turned to drinking in times of angst, I hadn't even fully bought into this idea. I'm now on board. I feel 25 again. I'm gonna start drinking, a lot!

I appreciate you opening my eyes to the possibilities.

The answer is not an option up there, but Fishy sort of nailed it. F it, do whatever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Airport rules apply, grab a drink at any time.

Lol. A couple of years ago I had a midnight flight out of Tel Aviv landing at JFK around 6am. Deplaning, clearing customs, etc took about an hour. So, it's around 7am and me and my coworker go to restaurant to order breakfast and a Bloody Mary. Waitress looked at us worriedly and said no drinks until 8am. Only time I haven't gotten a drink at an airport.

Reaction Score
And then you have this idiot, sharp as a marble, saying "I will continue to party (in Florida). If I get the virus, I get it."

This is not about you! It is about all the people trying to do everything they can to stay healthy who will be impacted by your selfish, greedy actions!

(scroll down to see the video of BRADY SLUDER saying as such).

Reaction Score
Noon is perfectly acceptable. 11 is acceptable when on vacation. Also, if my wife and I make a plan to hit a sports bar or something for lunch at noon on the weekend, I’ll always crack one open around 11 while she showers and gets ready. One less she knows I had when she tells me I’ve had enough at 3-4pm.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom