Men - Wins Needed for a 2024 At Large bid | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men Wins Needed for a 2024 At Large bid

Reaction Score
I am impressed that most of us here feel UConn will be fortunate to receive an At Large Bid, but most projections have us a a regional 2 seed. If we were on bubble, we probably would be projected as a 3 seed. Not sure if I agree with projections, but happy to see it

Reaction Score

Knoxville Regional:
  1. Tennessee (#3)
  2. UConn
  3. VaTech
  4. Niagara
Johnnies a three seed

Norman Regional:
  1. Oklahoma (#10)
  2. Dallas Baptist
  3. UConn*
  4. Lamar
Last Four In
61. Florida
62. Coastal Carolina
63. St. John’s
64. Indiana

First Four Out
65. Xavier
66. Utah
67. LSU
68. California

Next Four Out
69. Charleston
70. Georgia Tech
71. Illinois
72. Cincinnati

Reaction Score
I am impressed that most of us here feel UConn will be fortunate to receive an At Large Bid, but most projections have us a a regional 2 seed. If we were on bubble, we probably would be projected as a 3 seed. Not sure if I agree with projections, but happy to see it

I was about to make a similar statement, that with UConn being projected as a regional 2 seed, that it would seem that they are still in the running for an at large bid. Of course, a later projection had them as a regional 3 seed, but still apparently ahead of St. John's since St. John's is listed as one of the last 4 teams getting into the NCAA Tourney.

Probably helping UConn is that the Big East this year his risen to around 7 in conference RPI, and that UConn is currently in 1st place in the Big East standings. Also helps that UConn has not lost a Big East series this season, something that the Huskies need to keep doing.

Also helps that St. John's is currently projected as a regional 3 seed, one of the teams UConn has taken a series from this season in the Big East schedule.

Well, we'll have to see what happens during the last 7 regular season games for UConn, plus how they perform in the Big East Tournament.

Reaction Score

Knoxville Regional:
  1. Tennessee (#3)
  2. UConn
  3. VaTech
  4. Niagara
Johnnies a three seed

Do these rankings reflect St. John’s loss to FDU last night? Maybe not? Either way it’s good to see there’s at least two bids.

Reaction Score
I was about to make a similar statement, that with UConn being projected as a regional 2 seed, that it would seem that they are still in the running for an at large bid. Of course, a later projection had them as a regional 3 seed, but still apparently ahead of St. John's since St. John's is listed as one of the last 4 teams getting into the NCAA Tourney.

Probably helping UConn is that the Big East this year his risen to around 7 in conference RPI, and that UConn is currently in 1st place in the Big East standings. Also helps that UConn has not lost a Big East series this season, something that the Huskies need to keep doing.

Also helps that St. John's is currently projected as a regional 3 seed, one of the teams UConn has taken a series from this season in the Big East schedule.

Well, we'll have to see what happens during the last 7 regular season games for UConn, plus how they perform in the Big East Tournament.

Xavier is also in contention, one of the 1st 4 teams out at this point, so it is possible they could make the tourney as well if things go well for them.

Reaction Score
UConn baseball has been in the last 5 NCAA Tournaments, and since and including the 2010 season, has been in 9 NCAA Tournaments, and missed 4 tournaments in that time. Really hoping that UConn baseball can make it for 6 straight years by making it this season, since who knows what will happen next season.

Reaction Score
Just noticed the next team we play is a one off return matchup against a tough Northeastern squad with some nice wins. That comes immediately after a 3 game road trip for both squads. Should be an interesting matchup with both teams looking for a post season opportunity. Things come at you fast.
Northeastern is team that is clearly underrated nationally but it's embarrassing how badly we mailed that game in. And how are we a 2 seed and Northeastern a 3 seed? Does anyone watch any games?

Reaction Score
Huskies are showing they are solid in three game series right now with Cooke throwing well for several weeks. Very few teams have solid 4s to bail them out in conference tourney/regional play if they lose early. Pen games and bringing aces back on short rest. Difference this year is the offense - bats go cold and they can’t run wild on the bases as in past years.

Reaction Score
Huskies are showing they are solid in three game series right now with Cooke throwing well for several weeks. Very few teams have solid 4s to bail them out in conference tourney/regional play if they lose early. Pen games and bringing aces back on short rest. Difference this year is the offense - bats go cold and they can’t run wild on the bases as in past years.
Yea and the timely hitting, although it’s gotten better the past two weekends. It’s unfortunate Morton can’t lead off again. He’s not a base stealer, although he’s the fastest player they have I believe. He steals bags but if his role could be to get on base/steal bunt plus the 8-10 hr, that’d be a luxury within the lineup. Unfortunately idt they can afford to do that. If the hitting with RISP continues to increase, they can play that way. The question is can the bats do that against the top staffs in the regionals and certainly if they get to a Super.

I’m not sure there’s a whole lot more that can be expected of the way the weekend guys have thrown the past month or so. If that continues, they’ll have a chance to get the 2 immediate victories in the regionals and patchwork a 3rd win to move on. I believe staying in the winners bracket is crucial for Uconn especially. Gotta get there first.

Reaction Score
UConn baseball has been in the last 5 NCAA Tournaments, and since and including the 2010 season, has been in 9 NCAA Tournaments, and missed 4 tournaments in that time. Really hoping that UConn baseball can make it for 6 straight years by making it this season, since who knows what will happen next season.
Or the season thereafter

Reaction Score
Nice rebound after Tuesday’s loss. As we have said before, this team is resilient. Need to keep stacking wins together. Finishing first in Big East regular season, will help us with At Large resume.

Post season Criteria
(1) 28. - 20/ .583.... 34 - 24 / .586
(2) 8 - 2 / .800….. 12 - 4 / .750
(3) 42... < 49Team RPI
(4) 7th........ < 8 Conf RPI
(5) 1st ........ Top 2 Big East

Reaction Score

“At-Large Candidates…

• Xavier won the opener of a huge Big East showdown series at Georgetown 9-7. The Musketeers are now 10-6 in the league and No. 26 in the RPI — and crucially, they are now 27-22 overall, creating some separation between themselves and the .500 line thanks to five straight wins. A Big East team with a mid-20s RPI feels like a very strong bet for an at-large bid, particularly if it can finish in the top three of the standings. Xavier is currently in fourth place, but just a half-game behind the Hoyas. That makes the next two games very big. <-

Reaction Score
We have now won 9 of last 11, and 19 of last 23. The chart is all green below. Let’s get that sweep tomorrow.

Go Huskies!!!

Post season Criteria
(1) 29 - 20/ .592.... 34 - 24 / .586
(2) 9 - 2 / .818….. 12 - 4 / .750
(3) 40 .... < 49Team RPI

Reaction Score

Of note:

-> At-Large Candidates…

• Xavier has likely put itself in the field for now. The Musketeers have been impressive over the past couple of weeks, and clinched a series win over Georgetown on Saturday, 6-5 in 10 innings. With the win, the Musketeers are up yet another spot in the RPI to 25, along with a solid league mark of 11-6 to go with a 28-22 overall record and a No. 2 non-conference SOS. XU has put itself in a solid spot, and, by the way, hosts Oklahoma for a midweek game next week. That’s a big one!

• Cincinnati … a postseason team? For now, it looks likely to me. The Bearcats swept BYU on the road this weekend and are up to 50 in the RPI, which is a seven spot improvement overnight, and a 16-spot improvement week over week. Though the 50 RPI isn’t amazing, what is for Cincy is its Big 12 standing, which is fifth with a 16-11 record. Those are strong marks for Jordan Bischel’s club. If not for Skip Johnson, Bischel would be the slam-dunk Coach of the Year in the Big 12. <-

Reaction Score
The good news is that UConn has not lost a Big East series yet this season. They have a 1 game lead over St. John's in the standings, and they have the tie breaker against them. St. John's closes the Big East schedule playing at home against Georgetown, that should be an interesting series.

Reaction Score
Another series won, but really wanted a sweep. Need at Least 3 of next 4 games. Cinci would be a big win, then have to take care of business vs Butler.

Go Huskies!!!

post season Criteria
(1) 29 - 21/ .580.... 34 - 24 / .586
(2) 9 - 3 / .750….. 12 - 4 / .750
(3) 42.... < 49Team RPI

Reaction Score
D1Baseball still high on Big East:

IMG_0733.jpeg

Reaction Score
Disappointed we did not get game in today. Opportunity to win on road vs Big 12 team would have been beneficial.

I still believe if we win 2 ( hopefully 3) games vs Butler and we get to championship game of BE tournament, we are in.

That would give us a regular season BE Championship, and runner up finish in tournament. I believe that is good enough to get us in.

What does everyone else think?

Go Huskies!!!

post season Criteria
(2) 9 - 3 / .750….. 11 - 4 / .733
(3) 42.... < 49Team RPI

Reaction Score
Disappointed we did not get game in today. Opportunity to win on road vs Big 12 team would have been beneficial.

I still believe if we win 2 ( hopefully 3) games vs Butler and we get to championship game of BE tournament, we are in.

That would give us a regular season BE Championship, and runner up finish in tournament. I believe that is good enough to get us in.

Go Huskies!!!

post season Criteria
(3) 42.... < 49Team RPI

Reaction Score
I agree with you. If they win the season title and don’t win the BE tournament I think the Big East gets 2 teams into the tournament.

Reaction Score

Go Huskies!!!

post season Criteria
(3) 42.... < 49Team RPI
I think a sweep vs. butler may solidify a bid. Who knows, aside from a complete collapse against Butler, they might already be considered an at-large. I know the conference championship matters but to what extent when determining UConn’s bid, idk. I don’t think yesterday’s effort hurt them even though they won’t technically benefit from the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom