Williams and Jenkins Best Pair of Juniors | The Boneyard

Williams and Jenkins Best Pair of Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just reading an article on the internet "A Call to Arms" that stated that Courtney Williams and Alisia Jenkins are the country's top junior duo. They were exhorting USF fans to fill the stadium. Maybe Courtney will predict that USF will win again on their home court. Is this person delusional or just plain stupid? Breanna and Moriah may have something to say about that tomorrow night. I will be in the stands cheering on the Huskies!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It must have been in the Tampa Inquirer and written by a "reporter" who is deaf, dumb, and blind... with the emphasis on dumb...!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
In her defense, Courtney is a hell of a scorer.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but that is one of the rudest, most disrespectful articles that I have ever had the displeasure to read. I think that we should honor our Senior Citizens, many of whom fought in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam so that yahoos like that have the freedom to be an idiot.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say the only way UConn loses if they lose the game. No team in WCBB will beat them. They can plummet any team into embarrassment and that just might happen tomorrow nite. This UConn team is lethal. They will destroy and beat any team as badly as they want to if Geno doesn't pull the starters, the press and the pressure. The UConn stats lie because Geno calls off the dogs. This is the greatest scoring team in WCBB history and their defense is second to none. USF should walk lightly or they could be blown out of Florida. A silly statement and if I were their coach I would sit them down and button up their mouths.

Reaction Score
No offense, but how could the reporter not know about Breanna and Moriah unless they were living in a cave. Courtney predicted they would win the first game at UConn. I'll bet she doesn't have much to say this time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No offense, but how could the reporter not know about Breanna and Moriah unless they were living in a cave. Courtney predicted they would win the first game at UConn. I'll bet she doesn't have much to say this time.

Here's the particulars about the writer:

Collin Sherwin
  • joined Mar 10, 2010
  • last login Mar 01, 2015
  • posts 385
  • comments 1763
I write here about the beloved alma mater. Jeal?

First of all, it's hard to take anyone who uses "jeal?" in their bio seriously. Secondly, this is obviously a fan, probably a recently graduated young man. SBNation has press credentials, so it's somewhat legit, but I think it allows fans to post "news items". Take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
. Courtney predicted they would win the first game at UConn. I'll bet she doesn't have much to say this time.

“I think it’s a big opportunity,” said USF junior guard Courtney Williams, the AAC’s leading scorer (20.7 points per game). “It’s always a great opportunity when you get to play the No. 1 team in the country. We’ll be focused, dialed in, ready to compete. It will be a different game than the last time out. We’ll be more relaxed. Now we know what to expect.”

Reaction Score
“I think it’s a big opportunity,” said USF junior guard Courtney Williams, the AAC’s leading scorer (20.7 points per game). “It’s always a great opportunity when you get to play the No. 1 team in the country. We’ll be focused, dialed in, ready to compete. It will be a different game than the last time out. We’ll be more relaxed. Now we know what to expect.”
I can't disagree. Between expected and probable-but-not-certain beatdowns, expected beatdowns are always more relaxing.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
He's a USF fan. Of course, he's going to say upbeat things and the players are going have upbeat quotes. It would be truly dumb of them to say, "UConn clobbered us last time and they're going to clobber us again." And who knows? Maybe USF really does have a chance. If the outcome of the game is already 100% predetermined, our players have wasted a lot of time flying to Florida.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He's a USF fan. Of course, he's going to say upbeat things and the players are going have upbeat quotes. It would be truly dumb of them to say, "UConn clobbered us last time and they're going to clobber us again." And who knows? Maybe USF really does have a chance. If the outcome of the game is already 100% predetermined, our players have wasted a lot of time flying to Florida.
Leaving the cold and snow in CT for Florida is never a waste of time. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Williams and Jenkins are very good, but the best pair of Juniors is Stewie and MoJett. They will dominate tonight.

Reaction Score
Stewart and Jefferson are one of the best pairs of juniors EVER.

Williams and Jenkins, um'..........not so much.

Reaction Score
She is one of the best guards in the country. However BB is a team sport...

Jim

Reaction Score
“It will be a different game than the last time out. We’ll be more relaxed. Now we know what to expect.”
In my best Monty Python accent, "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32