Will Stanford End UConn's Home Winning Streak Record

Will Stanford Stop UConn Home Winnning Streak Record

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey guys. This is a really really good UConn team . Might be better then last years team...really. We have really good guards and 3 point guards which imo is what makes the team go. Watching the games last night I saw teams with point guards without alot of experience and they turned the ball over alot. Our pgs make plays. We have a great point guard in Caroline to lead us. We have almost automatic shooters in Stef KML and Caroline and Bria aint to shabby. We have height and Stef will draw alot of attention at 6'5 with 6'3 and 6'1 players guarding her. STef is really good underneath. Our defense will pollerize most teams, because most teams dont have the ballhandlers and most teams arent as quick as UConn. With that said UConn will not lose to Stanford. Im saying 10+ and if we get hot it could be...well alot more. I see Stanford with 2 scorers who can put up alot of points....the O sisters. Uconn can defend that knowing they are the keys to Stanfords success. Hey UConn dosnt live and die by the trey. We have a pretty good inside game too that can matchup with with any team in WCBB. Heather is much improved and Kiah is becoming a force and theyre both 6'4 6'3. On Monday night dont be surprised if UConns defense takes over the game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Pollerize, tony, did you mean pulverize or polarize?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Biff, conversations with Tony are always an adventure.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Biff, conversations with Tony are always an adventure.

I knew the word police would get you, Tony - but I love what you said! And Polar Bears are very picky about misuse of their name...they can...pulverize even the poltergeists!

GG

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of driving up from Philly if I can get my hands on a ticket that is good enough to justify the trip.

Call the UCONN ticket office directly.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Stanford's strength is their post play. This year UConn has the fouls to give and the big bodies to throw at them we didn't have last year. Our guards are superior to Stanford's and great defenders that should cause a lot of disruption on entry passes. Stef's, Kiah's and Heather's height, length and ability to alter the O sisters shots and battle them for boards will decide the game. I like our chances. UConn wins. Possible blow-out.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Br'er Bear, if you have any intercessionary power, would you please ask that Bonita not even be in the State of Connecticut?

And please, please don't intercept with Tony's style!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I figure that Stanford should win; just a more experienced team even with their losses in the backcourt. They have probably the first pick in the WNBA draft and sis is no slouch.
But I do harbor a secret, irrational fantasy, that UCONN will blow them away.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Pollerize, tony, did you mean pulverize or polarize?

I prefer "murdelize"--much harder to screw up :D

300px-Stoogelogo.png

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Stanford wins this game. West Coast Rocks.
You barely beat Baylor at home last year, similar time in the schedule, and you had MM.
Stanford has played two respectable teams in Univ. Texas and the Zags. UConn has played cupcakes.
The Farm will be ready for anything the Huskies throw at them.

However, I wont be rooting for or against you, just for a good game.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
You barely beat Baylor at home last year, similar time in the schedule, and you had MM.
Stanford has played two respectable teams in Univ. Texas and the Zags. UConn has played cupcakes.

That's cool and you may well be right. But your girls haven't been in a track meet yet. I hope they're ready to run.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Texas - really? The same Texas that beat Southeastern Louisiana at home by 8 whole points?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Coaching counts. Very occasionally , yet over a period of years, I've been calling for the use of a deeper bench AND, specifically, for considering subbing in "waves" at times......running the other team right off the court. Was delighted last night to see that, during a SIGNIFICANT time in the game, Coach did just that. We went on about a 30-2 run.....from what had been something like 11-7, I think. Won't happen every time.....but it'll happen plenty with the depth of talent we have and have had and will have. The folks watching here went happily beserk when he put those three kids in when some of the starters were not performing at the level needed/expected.

This is the one thing I have not understood about Geno, his coaching, and his recruiting. I know that others of you have and will address it, but I just wanted to underscore what Winlots says. I still don't appreciate the short bench philosophy, never will. What makes things interesting in my view is to have a strong plan B, and then also to run the game in waves, as in last night. We were way way undermatched, but still this started to look like UConn basketball the way I like to see it played. I really didn't enjoy last year very much, and could never understand the reason for it. Of course I adore Maya, that has nothing to do with it. It just wasn't nearly as enjoyable and as interesting as what we have now. And next year...oh, Mama mia. I love mixing, matching, and options, so I can watch the Fox as he thinks about things and runs the plays.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
That's cool and you may well be right. But your girls haven't been in a track meet yet. I hope they're ready to run.

If you think that the Zags dont make you run then you go to sleep too early.
HC and Pacific, I hope your gals broke a sweat.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If you think that the Zags dont make you run then you go to sleep too early.
HC and Pacific, I hope your gals broke a sweat.

In '08 UConn played Stanford in the 3rd game after no-sweat games against Holy Cross and Stony Brook and it wasn't really a problem. In '10 UConn played Stanford in the 10th game of the season after games against several no-sweat opponents and UConn ran Stanford off the court in the 2nd half. I'm not saying Stanford can't or won't win the game, but it won't be because UConn played weaker opponents. But I don't suppose you're serious anyway. Love smack-talking west coast wbb fans.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Granted, Stanford still has the sisters, Tinkel, etc. back. But, they also have 6 freshmen. So they are not the same team either. I give us a good chance! Nan, keep us all on our feet all game with that megaphone!!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I still don't appreciate the short bench philosophy, never will.

this has come up a couple of times -- I have no idea what you or winlots (or the poster earlier who suggested it) get this idea that it's Geno's "philosophy." History seems to indicate that, when he as a bench he plays them. When he doesn't -- either because they're hurt, they're not as good a he thought they might be, etc. etc. -- he doesn't.

Can you point to a quote of his that indicates it's his philosophy to have a short bench?

Reaction Score

said that last year too, and in Tampa.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Stanford wins this game. West Coast Rocksc.

Ok OC let's see if I've got this straight.

You won last year on your home court by 12 pts. You lost Pohlen (31 pts) and Pedersen (8pts) and we lost Moore (14pts). But you're going to kick the bejesus out of us on OUR home court after flying across the country. Yep, makes sense to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom