Will Hailey Van Lith and Iowa's Caitlin Clark beat out Paige for first team AA during her four years. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Hailey Van Lith and Iowa's Caitlin Clark beat out Paige for first team AA during her four years.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this "dragon" is the same Troll from that now defunct forum board called College Fans Only.
I wondered this same question. College Fans Only is still around, hosted at collegefansonly.net and their “Dragon” seems to be the most prolific poster on the WCBB board by a wide margin. That board seems to have declined in popularity over the last few years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Under the guise of making ridiculous conclusions after the most recent performances, now that Hailey Van Lith scores 10 points in her last game, do we ask whether she should be a starter?

Reaction Score
Under these circumstances, I don't believe that Paige should ever play a game at UConn. She's done amazingly well and amazingly badly w/out ever working up a sweat. She should just towel off, punt and go directly to the WNBA based entirely on rumor and innuendo.

Reaction Score
C'mon, man... can't you express your disagreement without the extreme pejoratives? Is that the way you'd respond to his/her face?

Fair point. My apologies. Although I would suggest that Paige's first two games points out the foolishness of the original post.

Reaction Score
There is plenty of time between now and March 2021. There will be many games for voters to see and then there is the NC at San Antonio, Texas. I am happy to be a UConn fan and a PB believer!!!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Fair point. My apologies. Although I would suggest that Paige's first two games points out the foolishness of the original post.

Or, "Fair point. My apologies. Although I would suggest that Paige's first two games do not support the OP's concerns."
UBU, though. ;)

Reaction Score
Or, "Fair point. My apologies. Although I would suggest that Paige's first two games do not support the OP's concerns."
UBU, though. ;)

So now the word "foolish" is beyond the pale? For a post that suggested that Paige would never make AA for her entire career before she played a game? Respectfully, the word "foolish" is apt.:oops:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This will keep Paige from being on the UConn Huskies Of Honor Wall.
So...Dragon, after 2 games, now how are you feeling? :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. If I were the only poster on the board, everyone would agree with me 100% of the time!

But I'm not, and while I do sometimes think posts are silly or stupid or dumb, I usually refrain from stating such, unless the poster is saying something negative about a player or another poster. Then I can snark with the best of them.

Having said that... no idea how this season will shake out for Paige. I recall reading, or hearing Geno, or someone say (maybe it was Sue?) that when Dee first started her freshman season, everyone on the team knew she was the best player, whether she started, had the ball in her hands, or not.

I'm suspecting that may be also correct for Paige. While I'm rooting for Williams' game to evolve and for her to show the nation why she was the #1 recruit in her class, it's highly possible Paige will outshine her this season. If UCONN ends the season undefeated, or with just a loss or 2, and is in the top 3-4 in the rankings, it will be in no small part due to Paige.

So possibly the best player on one of the best teams in the nation. To be one of the best teams in the nation, you need other really good players (anyone think it's possible that given equal minutes, Aaliyah would outperform Olivia???!!!). That means it's unlikely Paige will average over 20 PPG this season.

On a lesser team, like Iowa, Clark is putting up monster numbers. Will that continue? Maybe, but is it more impressive when she's on an average team, putting up numbers like that, or more impressive for Paige to be doing lesser numbers on a better team that can not only make the NCAA's, but win a title? It remains to be seen. Dee won some NPOY awards her senior year in spite of having lesser stats than Beard. But everyone knew Dee was the best in the country.

I said early on Paige was one of the top 5 PG's in the entire nation even before she started her 1st game. It remains to be seen if that is correct, but hopefully we play L'ville and see how she fares against a player like Dana Evans and if UCONN's defense is better at slowing her down, or if L'ville's is better at slowing Paige down.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
On a lesser team, like Iowa, Clark is putting up monster numbers. Will that continue? Maybe, but is it more impressive when she's on an average team, putting up numbers like that, or more impressive for Paige to be doing lesser numbers on a better team that can not only make the NCAA's, but win a title? It remains to be seen.
Clarke's shooting percentage is also mind numbingly bad, and she's hoisting at a record pace for Iowa. Whereas Paige's shooting percentage is incredible. Watching Paige's shot selection that doesn't seem like it's going to change much either.

Reaction Score
Paige is the better overall player but Clark will be first team this year with her big numbers. Paige won't get first team the next 3 years with Azzi and Caroline Ducharme taking lots of shots.

Reaction Score
Clark has numbers like King James a few years ago. 29 pts with 6 and 6 to go along with it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As much as I admire Paige, I would bet a lot of money that she will not maintain a 76% shooting mark for the season!
Who could?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Clarke's shooting percentage is also mind numbingly bad, and she's hoisting at a record pace for Iowa. Whereas Paige's shooting percentage is incredible. Watching Paige's shot selection that doesn't seem like it's going to change much either.
The UConn system when run right gives the players open shots. All they have to do is make most of them. That is why Paige should have a very good shooting percentage. She takes and makes those shots. Can you imagine how accurately Azzi will shoot in this system. Geno said yesterday that the open shots are there, the players have to start making them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom