Will Hailey Van Lith and Iowa's Caitlin Clark beat out Paige for first team AA during her four years. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will Hailey Van Lith and Iowa's Caitlin Clark beat out Paige for first team AA during her four years.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Paige is a first team AA if she continues what shes doing and whats really scarey is she will get better. Im not worried about kids scoring more points then Paige. When you playing for a coach who relys on you to do most of the scoring thats not for me. That player has an off game and who do you look to. Think about this if UConn had Clark and not Paige where would they be???????

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Paige is a first team AA if she continues what shes doing and whats really scarey is she will get better. Im not worried about kids scoring more points then Paige. When you playing for a coach who relys on you to do most of the scoring thats not for me. That player has an off game and who do you look to. Think about this if UConn had Clark and not Paige where would they be???????
The question is where would Clark be? The coaching staff would not allow her to average twenty or more shots a game. What would her attitude be? Would she be as productive?

Reaction Score
The question is where would Clark be? The coaching staff would not allow her to average twenty or more shots a game. What would her attitude be? Would she be as productive?

You may be surprised but Caitlin Clark is not just jacking up shots as people want to believe. Through 5 games, she is rebounding at the same pace as Paige and has an even higher assist per game average. Perhaps the situation of her team dictates that she has to score more if she does not have enough weapons around here. Perhaps if Paige is in the situation, she would be doing the same and vice versa. Clark seems like a nice kid.

Reaction Score
How many runners leading a marathon after 1 mile end up winning? About 50-75% of the way through conference games the real leaders should become clear.

As an aside, if Caitlin Clark is assigned to guard a folding chair you should expect the chair to score 20.

Reaction Score
I suspect Paige is beginning to understand the level of defense she needs to develop to compete against these and other top guards. Goes both ways, I would not want to guard Paige.

Reaction Score
Clark is not slowing down. She has First Team AA locked up already. She will probably do the same thing her next three years. Paige can settle for Second Team AA one of these years. This will keep Paige from being on the UConn Huskies Of Honor Wall.

Reaction Score
Clark is not slowing down. She has First Team AA locked up already. She will probably do the same thing her next three years. Paige can settle for Second Team AA one of these years. This will keep Paige from being on the UConn Huskies Of Honor Wall.
Ask any coach in America which player they would rather have: Paige or anyone else. Most coaches will take Paige, and the ones who say they wouldn't are lying.

Reaction Score
Wow. Really? You chose now, after Paige carried UConn to a win against the #1 team in the country, to argue that Clark will be a 4-time AA and the best that Paige can do is second team? It's not how incredibly wrong your statement is that has me incredulous. It's your timing.

chris jericho what GIF by CBC

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow. Really? You chose now, after Paige carried UConn to a win against the #1 team in the country, to argue that Clark will be a 4-time AA and the best that Paige can do is second team? It's not how incredibly wrong your statement is that has me incredulous. It's your timing.

chris jericho what GIF by CBC
Apply the quote “they know not of what they speak,” to our misguided and uninformed colleague.

#1. As Clark is not even on the Wooden watch list (she should be) it is NOT locked up for AA status.
#2. The WBCA has 10 team members as 1st team and is a criteria for the HoH wall. Paige will certainly make that over her four years and probably this year.
#3. As both are scorers and facilitators, both can be 1st Team AA's on the AP 5 team list.
#4. While everyone is expected to promote their own opinion, which for this year is Dragon's prerogative, trying to see into the future is not logical. IF our colleague wishes to continue this illogical future prognostication, there is an ignore button we can all press and simply move on with more logical discussions.

:cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would have 2 freshmen on my All-American team (certainly 10 players and possibly 5 players). Sometimes it happens that incoming freshmen are a cut above. Both Paige and Caitlyn qualify in my opinion. Will Paige make the Wall of Honor? Silly question. Of course she will.

Reaction Score
This is just silly.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Will Azzi Fudd beat out Paige for AA honors in her 4 years?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Paige will be just fine. She has more of an opportunity to be a star this year because she will be the go to guard I would expect. Hailey Van Lith is playing with the best guard in the nation this year it will be tougher. Today is a good example Hailey Van Lith had 10 pts while Dana had 26. Both teams will be competing for a natty.
But Jeff is also sitting Hailey Van Lith during pivotal moments in his games. He sees her defense as well as her inability to deal with pressure as questionable at times.

Reaction Score
Seriously? I assume this thread is meant to pass the time before 6 pm tonight. I think the player leading the # 1 team in the country in scoring and assists who had the games she had against Tennessee and SC would be a frontrunner for first team in one of the polls that qualify including that of the Women's Basketball Coaches Assn which picks 10 players. She should be wall-worthy after this season.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but there's absolutely no chance Clark gets in over Paige. Nice dream though.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Sounds like a pretty mythical fantasy Dragon. :p

Reaction Score
While Clark is having an awesome season, what differentiates her and Paige are Paige's 4th quarter performances. In the several games I have seen Clark play, she starts out hot and has the ball in her hands the majority of possessions. Fun to watch-suggest all women's basketball fans try to see an Iowa game since Clark will likely put up one of the all time frosh performances. Paige distributes then is unstoppable in the 4th quarter when it counts. Not to diminish Clark's leadership but last I looked, Iowa had 6 loses so you be the judge how much of a difference maker Clark is.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not to diminish Clark's leadership but last I looked, Iowa had 6 loses so you be the judge how much of a difference maker Clark is.
That certainly is a valid point, but Bueckers and Clark don't play in a vacuum. I think if you look at everyone else on those 2 teams, clearly UConn is much better.

Reaction Score
That certainly is a valid point, but Bueckers and Clark don't play in a vacuum. I think if you look at everyone else on those 2 teams, clearly UConn is much better.
I also imagine it's easier when you don't have the pressure of a high profile situation like Paige. Clark can just go out there and play. If her team loses oh well. If they don't make the tournament, never mind the final four, oh well. Clark basically plays in glorified scrimmages.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom