Will Castle Start Friday? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Will Castle Start Friday?

Reaction Score
Solo's role is not to be a knock-down shooter this year.It's to play solid ball-not turn it over. and know your rotations. 50/50 balls. He's doing that while keeping the seat warm for Castle. His minutes early in the year will make him much more valuable/effective during the BE season and Tournament.

Reaction Score
I understand how that seems, but the general train of thought was that he should just take less 3s. Not stop them altogether.

You gain confidence by watching the ball go in, which comes from starting off games taking easier shots. Which is what happened vs UNC. His first few shots should typically be drives to the rim and even some mid range pull ups before firing away from 3. That’s it.
View attachment 94081
This is a grade A hedge & I respect it

Reaction Score
Can't shoot well, so they're playing off him. He's not getting the extra space he needs to do his work at the rim.
He doesn't look very confident shooting the threes. I'm sure he'll be working on that and be better. Those spin moves though.....He's got that down.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Still Ball for now

But I was called a conspiracy theorist for suggesting he wouldn’t start? Ball and Castle both played 19 minutes, so it’s clearly a Hurley preference not to mess with what’s working.

Reaction Score
But I was called a conspiracy theorist for suggesting he wouldn’t start? Ball and Castle both played 19 minutes, so it’s clearly a Hurley preference not to mess with what’s working.
Except we have no idea if that's the reason or if it's because Castle was on a minutes restriction still, which was the consensus opinion of why Ball would still start tonight

Reaction Score
I think his minutes restriction tonight had more to do with not being one of our five best players.

I’m sure he’ll have a breakthrough in the next couple games, but right now he’s a liability on offense. Good thing is that his defense will keep him getting consistent minutes until the light goes on.

Reaction Score
Solo's role is not to be a knock-down shooter this year.It's to play solid ball-not turn it over. and know your rotations. 50/50 balls. He's doing that while keeping the seat warm for Castle. His minutes early in the year will make him much more valuable/effective during the BE season and Tournament.

It’s great to see that he’s not looking to “get his”. Staying within himself and providing what the team needs

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Hard to believe a freshman can take out the other team’s best player 1 through 4. I rewatched the unc game (I know, I have a problem) and he did a great job on Ingram when he was on him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Except we have no idea if that's the reason or if it's because Castle was on a minutes restriction still, which was the consensus opinion of why Ball would still start tonight
They played the same amount of minutes. Nobody thinks ball is better than castle, so why else would ball start?

Reaction Score
They played the same amount of minutes. Nobody thinks ball is better than castle, so why else would ball start?
Because Castle was on a minutes limit, and if you know you have him for 20 minutes you'd rather have those available at the end of the game over the beginning. So until you know you can play Castle as much as needed, it makes sense to shelter those minutes to specific situations.

That might be the case, it might not be the case. But nobody knows, so taking a victory lap is weird. Especially when it wasn't even a minority opinion

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Because Castle was on a minutes limit, and if you know you have him for 20 minutes you'd rather have those available at the end of the game over the beginning. So until you know you can play Castle as much as needed, it makes sense to shelter those minutes to specific situations.

That might be the case, it might not be the case. But nobody knows, so taking a victory lap is weird. Especially when it wasn't even a minority opinion
I’d argue starting the game strong is a higher priority than worrying about what will happen if the game is close late. But we’ll agree to disagree.

Reaction Score

When a starter (Castle) is on a minutes restriction, it it's pretty common to bring them off the bench so you can save their minutes if needed for a close game.

Castle wasn't at his best yesterday, so it didn't really matter. But I suspect that's the idea.

Reaction Score
I’d argue starting the game strong is a higher priority than worrying about what will happen if the game is close late. But we’ll agree to disagree.
It might be, but imagine a 5 point game with 3 minutes left and you have to take him out because he hit his max minutes

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
When a starter (Castle) is on a minutes restriction, it it's pretty common to bring them off the bench so you can save their minutes if needed for a close game.

Castle wasn't at his best yesterday, so it didn't really matter. But I suspect that's the idea.
It’s possible. I’m not sure I buy this mutually exclusive idea that he couldn’t start, and keep plenty of his 20 minutes for the second half. Would subbing Solo or Diarra at the under 16 make any difference, especially when he must’ve played at least 4 first half minutes anyways? Unless we’re treating Castle as a 6th man/momentum keeper until he’s 100% off restrictions?
It might be, but imagine a 5 point game with 3 minutes left and you have to take him out because he hit his max minutes
That would stink, but I also think it’s the best course of action when you’re dealing with a minutes restriction. You might only be in the close game to begin with because you refused to play your 5th best player until the final stretch.

Reaction Score
My guess is he starts next game to kick off Big East play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Castle kinda stunk in the first half on Friday. I'm in the not yet column.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom