Will Castle Start Friday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Castle Start Friday?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My only thought is Castle will get the majority of his playing time playing in a lineup of him, Tristen, Cam, Alex and Donovan. That’s the lineup that has the most potential and injuries have interfered with it coalescing.

Don’t care whether Stephen starts.

Reaction Score
Castle isn't starting? Castle is coming back for his sophomore year?

I'm pretty sure some people here don't realize quite how good Stephon Castle actually is.
Or they just haven't watched when he's played. :confused:

caw

Reaction Score
Castle isn't starting? Castle is coming back for his sophomore year?

I'm pretty sure some people here don't realize quite how good Stephon Castle actually is.

100% I said before Ball is probably making Hurley think a bit about it and I do maintain that because Ball has been good the past few games but Castle is just on another level with his defense, passing, rebounding and attacking the rim. It's a good thing for Hurley to have the option of bringing Castle back slowly with Ball blooming.

Side note: Hope Stewart can get a few minutes in Seattle also because he does bring some nice stuff to the table. You can see it when he plays, how good he can be one-on-one and he draws a good amount of foulshots.

Reaction Score
Feels like some yard amnesia we didn't start well last game the idea that we wouldn't change the starting lineup after being in a tight game for 15 minutes with pine bluff is asinine. Castle is our most talented player when healthy, if he's healthy he starts this isn't hard.

Reaction Score
Feels like some yard amnesia we didn't start well last game the idea that we wouldn't change the starting lineup after being in a tight game for 15 minutes with pine bluff is asinine. Castle is our most talented player when healthy, if he's healthy he starts this isn't hard.
This is about what we’ve seen so far. Newton is our best player, we’ve seen plenty of evidence under pressure at Kansas, Show me how Castle is.

Reaction Score
If Castle is cleared for 25 mins or more he starts. It’s an away game against what will be a mainly “hostile” crowd - the first 4 mins is important. We can’t come out flat and put ourselves into a hole early on the way we did against Kansas. Not saying that solo is the reason for that, because he’s not at all, but Castle just gives us more of an edge. He is our best perimeter defender and his passing/driving create things in our offense that no one else really can right now. Inserting him into the starting 5 is our best lineup to kick off the game and come out really aggressive right from the tip. He and newton are also great at grabbing the rebound on D and getting right into transition- and I bet this is a game we try to push tempo early and run the Zags off the floor.

Solo has grown leaps in the past few weeks and I think that he will be even better coming off the bench. He knows he can perform and deliver for us - but instead of starting the game by focusing on NOT making mistakes, he can come in after the first TV TO after having absorbed what’s happening from the bench, having coaches in his ear telling him exactly where his spots will be, what the guy he’ll be guarding is trying to do, etc. He will be just as impactful and important as a bench piece, and will likely be even more successful.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is about what we’ve seen so far. Newton is our best player, we’ve seen plenty of evidence under pressure at Kansas, Show me how Castle is.
Just keep watching
Love Newton but he isn't on the same planet as Castle

Reaction Score
Just keep watching
Love Newton but he isn't on the same planet as Castle
if Castle is on another planet than Castle this season then Castle is the best guard in the country

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
if Castle is on another planet than Castle this season then Castle is the best guard in the country
Not too far fetched of a thing to say tbh. The kid is really good. There’s honestly not a lot of crazy standouts this year either.

Reaction Score
I think Ball will start. He deserves a tip of the cap for being named BEFOW. Castle will get a lot of minutes and then become a starter beginning with the next game. Of course, I could be wrong.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Not too far fetched of a thing to say tbh. The kid is really good. There’s honestly not a lot of crazy standouts this year either.
It's a plausible argument to make, though definitely need more data to be sure. Collier is the front runner, but his team has lost three of their last four, a stretch during which he averaged less than 14 ppg.

Reaction Score
I love Castle as much as anyone. But he's not shown anything YET that would make calling him the best guard in the country "plausible". He's a pro, and will make a huge impact on our team. But what Newton did in Lawrance, Kansas was incredible. Castle is not there yet as a collegiate guard

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's a plausible argument to make, though definitely need more data to be sure. Collier is the front runner, but his team has lost three of their last four, a stretch during which he averaged less than 14 ppg.
Yeah it’s still early. I’m not sure who would necessarily be #1. It could very well be Newton if Collier is the choice. It’s may not be a very high bar to clear outside of our team for Castle to be the best.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If Castle is off a minutes restriction, he will start. This shouldn't be a question, and I doubt it is for anyone on the team.

Love Solo. He isn't on the same level as Castle on either end right now. That's not a knock... he's a freak NBA talent.

I didn't expect Castle to be this good of a defender (he was NOT in high school), but he's probably our best perimeter defender. And obviously on offense his IQ, handles, passing and driving are on another level. He'll be a complete package when he pushes his 3pt% to 35%.
I remember those reports and I thought he was built almost ideally to be a very good, very switchable perimeter defender 1-4. So I assumed it was an effort thing, as most HS stars don't need to put in the effort on that end. I think Hurley successfully convinced him that it was (a) needed to play at UConn and (b) would be very highly valued by the NBA.

Reaction Score
I love Castle as much as anyone. But he's not shown anything YET that would make calling him the best guard in the country "plausible". He's a pro, and will make a huge impact on our team. But what Newton did in Lawrance, Kansas was incredible. Castle is not there yet as a collegiate guard

Best NBA prospect =/= best ball player, and never will be. Our best players are probably Newton and Cam with Alex right behind. Our best pro prospects are Clingan and Castle.

Reaction Score
I remember those reports and I thought he was built almost ideally to be a very good, very switchable perimeter defender 1-4. So I assumed it was an effort thing, as most HS stars don't need to put in the effort on that end. I think Hurley successfully convinced him that it was (a) needed to play at UConn and (b) would be very highly valued by the NBA.

I pretty much always assume that someone with the physical tools to defend will be a decent+ defender for us. Hurley is an excellent defensive coach. Andre wasn't even a very good defender in HS and he was (IMO) DPOY for the entire country last season.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Exactly! No other comments needed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom