Will Castle Start Friday? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will Castle Start Friday?

Reaction Score
When Castle is back showing that he can do what he did in game two this season he’ll start.

The past two games coming off the bench he hasn’t approached that level.

My expectation is that he comes off the bench until he plays like he did in game two. If that happens during the Gonzaga game then I expect him to get 25+ minutes and start the next game.

Reaction Score
When Castle is back showing that he can do what he did in game two this season he’ll start.

My expectation is that he comes off the bench until he plays like he did in game two. If that happens during the Gonzaga game then I expect him to get 25+ minutes and start the next game.
He's already doing that and back to that level. He should start against Gonzaga and the only reason he won't is if he's still on a minutes restriction

Reaction Score
Just keep watching
Love Newton but he isn't on the same planet as Castle
Castle if healthy is scoring 30 against Kansas, dropping long range 3's to keep us in that game? Don't think so.

Reaction Score

Are you sure you're watching the basketball team?

Reaction Score
Are you sure you're watching the basketball team?
What did you see that Castle did in his two games back that was comparable to his 2nd game of the season? Outside shooting looks ugly. His drives to the hoop look good, his “D” has been good.

Hey, I want him to be great too. Just has been an extremely small sample size so far. I’m not ready to declare him “The Answer” yet based on 2 games starting and two with limited minutes off the bench, with three of the games against crap opponents.

Reaction Score
What did you see that Castle did in his two games back that was comparable to his 2nd game of the season? Outside shooting looks ugly. His drives to the hoop look good, his “D” has been good.

Hey, I want him to be great too. Just has been an extremely small sample size so far. I’m not ready to declare him “The Answer” yet based on 2 games starting and two with limited minutes off the bench, with three of the games against crap opponents.

I don't think he's the "answer" either, just an important piece.

You said he looked better his first two games. Actually that he hasn't "approached that level" of the first two games. I said that is false.

Honestly, it's a pretty ridiculous thing to say if you watched the games. What skills did he show those first 2 games that made him so much better then? He's NEVER been a consistent shooter, so that ain't the answer.

Driving at will, finishing, IQ, passing and defense. That's what he's shown before and after injury.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's the "answer" either, just an important piece.

You said he looked better his first two games. Actually that he hasn't "approached that level" of the first two games. I said that is false.

Honestly, it's a pretty ridiculous thing to say if you watched the games. What skills did he show those first 2 games that made him so much better then? He's NEVER been a consistent shooter, so that ain't the answer.

Driving at will, finishing, IQ, passing and defense. That's what he's shown before and after injury.
Actually, I said he looked really good in the second game of the season. The first game of the season he was inconsistent at best. I think everyone who watched those first two games had the same opinion that he was much improved in the second game from the first.

Anyway, I’m not dumping on him. Like everybody else I think he’s going to be great. My point was that I don’t think he’ll be starting until Hurley sees him playing at the level that he played in that second game of the season. It was a major leap forward from the first game.

These two games with limited minutes that he’s played in since coming back from injury have looked more like the first game of the season than the second. Not sure how some people aren’t seeing that, but at the end of the day it’s just my opinion.

Reaction Score
It's not clear that Castle is any better a shooter than Jackson, but one thing that won't happen is defenses laying back and inviting him to shoot, as they did AJ. Give Castle that first step and he is gone, next to be seen on the foul line shooting an "and one."

Reaction Score
He’s a great weapon no doubt. Let’s hope he becomes a good shooter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We shouldn’t want him to either
Oh, I want him to. I just realize the likelihood of that happening is something approaching zero.

Reaction Score

His defense and passing are excellent.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In personel matters like this, Dan always seems to find the right way to handle it. Whatever he does will probably be the right thing to do.

Reaction Score
He does more for us as a one and done lottery draft pick
How so? Most people on this board are saying we should stay away from one and done players. Yea it’s good to get players to the league but it’s not like it hurts us if he stays two years (I know it’s not happening).

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
How so? Most people on this board are saying we should stay away from one and done players. Yea it’s good to get players to the league but it’s not like it hurts us if he stays two years (I know it’s not happening).
This is a legitimate question. But my interpretation of the comment was that if he's here for a second year, it probably means something went wrong this season.

Reaction Score
Because most people who think we should stay away from one and done players are dumb. If we get Castle into the league in one year it opens up the pipeline of top recruits to start coming here

Reaction Score
Because most people who think we should stay away from one and done players are dumb. If we get Castle into the league in one year it opens up the pipeline of top recruits to start coming here
Right but we definitely need a blend of top recruits and upperclassmen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom