Will Calhoun Get Involved | The Boneyard

Will Calhoun Get Involved

Reaction Score
He is the only one that could convince Ollie to walk away quietly without it costing the program millions. Calhoun can't feel good about watching what he built over decades being torn down in a few years. Although Ollie was his choice, will his pride in UConn get him to take action?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This requires the silver tongue and unequalled tact of a Selvie or Mandeldove.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
General knowledge.
Is it a personal conflict? Or did Calhoun push the little birdie off the ledge to see if he could fly on his own?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is it a personal conflict? Or did Calhoun push the little birdie off the ledge to see if he could fly on his own?

Imagine your dad gifts you with his most prized possession - a Ferrari. And you drive it off a cliff and it explodes into a million flaming parts....

How anxious are you to talk to your dad?

Reaction Score
Imagine your dad gifts you with his most prized possession - a Ferrari. And you drive it off a cliff and it explodes into a million flaming parts....

hahahaha ^^^^^^lol

Reaction Score

As much as I think Ollie has to go and as bad of a coach I think he is, I definitely feel for the guy. No one want to be a failure; I just think he has no idea what to do. Instead of going outside of his comfort zone he's doubled down on his own line of thinking. Whether or not he realizes it's his fault is a different story. I really think if we didn't win the title he'd be a better coach right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I'm not redboarding when I say the snubbing was such an obvious cry for help. Was this ignored by the powers that be? I don't need any details.

Reaction Score
As much as I think Ollie has to go and as bad of a coach I think he is, I definitely feel for the guy. No one want to be a failure; I just think he has no idea what to do. Instead of going outside of his comfort zone he's doubled down on his own line of thinking. Whether or not he realizes it's his fault is a different story. I really think if we didn't win the title he'd be a better coach right now.

He had so much early success. He was the hottest young coach in the country and the NBA rumors were swirling around after the championship so I can definitely see it getting to his head that he had figured everything out about coaching.

Reaction Score
Do they not talk and dislike each other now? It has not been reported that I have seen or heard. Is that rumor? But If that is indeed the case are we to guess that Calhoun wants him out? Has Calhoun commented publically or privately that anyone knows? KO is being attacked in the media and by the fans pretty severely. For Calhoun to not show support is a statement it seems in itself.

Reaction Score
The funny thing about all the complaints of Calhoun shoehorning his choice of successor into the job (which immediately paid dividends) is that the other candidate people were salivating for was Shaka Smart. Smart lead Texas to a 11-22 record last year (with pro talent on the team). Today they got the doors blown off of them. I realize the score was much worse in the Nova game than it appeared, but Texas lost 86-51, 54-29 in the second half alone. And last year they had a couple of WTF losses like we did (UT Arlington, Kent, etc.).

The big difference is that Texas is middling with a lot of talent.

This year, they have kids who were ranked: 10 (Bamba), 27, 31, 44, 56, 58, 73, 77, 96

That's 9 top 100 kids. 4 in the top 50!

Where would we be? Chances are, in the same place, but with one less championship.

Reaction Score
The silence from UConn's so called leadership is deafening. It suggests a strong no confidence vote for KO at minimum, but leadership means leading. You'd think they would be addressing the elephant in the room head-on, reassuring the base that UConn is 100% committed to championship level basketball. Instead of dumping money into softball and soccer, they ought to be investing hard in revenue producing sports that sustain the school's national reputation and allure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom