Why do we have a chatroom? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Why do we have a chatroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That wouldn't explain the game threads.

Actually, in retrospect, I think Whaler nailed it.

If you’re watching anything but the live feed on a television, a chat room (and Twitter) is unusable.

If I watch on ESPN’s Apple TV app or even if I watch on an ipad on Optimum’s own app, the feed is too far behind to use a chat room or Twitter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
7720C761-8C60-4BF8-8F59-CD653B7E604F.jpeg

Seriously question - what is the story behind your spelling it "moran"?

It’s the Cesspool spelling.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Actually, in retrospect, I think Whaler nailed it.

If you’re watching anything but the live feed on a television, a chat room (and Twitter) is unusable.

If I watch on ESPN’s Apple TV app or even if I watch on an ipad on Optimum’s own app, the feed is too far behind to use a chat room or Twitter.

Agreed. I have cable, and even with that, when it was at its peak, it moved quite rapidly (back when we all cared). It was disjointed at times as you couldn't reply to a specific comment.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Seriously question - what is the story behind your spelling it "moran"?

That was the last name of an ex-girlfriend of mine who twice cheated on me. I kind of like seeing it used in this context.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
meh, that's nothing. you should see the counts of cesspool people. I've got 9 and am only middle of the pack.
I've been in and out of the cesspool slammer more times than I can count.

Reaction Score
I noticed that the game thread for the women last night was shut down and everyone was directed to the chat room. Will we be experiencing the same thing here? There was a post game thread created. Are post game threads going to be allowed or should we use the post game chat room?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I noticed that the game thread for the women last night was shut down and everyone was directed to the chat room. Will we be experiencing the same thing here? There was a post game thread created. Are post game threads going to be allowed or should we use the post game chat room?
It was my decision to use the chat room for the women's game threads, not Tom's. It was mortifying to see fans lose their minds and trash individual players after squeaking out an 18 point victory on the road, playing without their point guard. I nearly made the decision back in January when a poster screeched out "she choked" after KLS missed free throws because she'd been whacked in the face and her eye was swollen shut. And if I see "we're going to lose in the Final Four if we play like this against Notre Dame/Louisville/Baylor/whoever" for the 150th time, I'm putting my fist through my monitor. So, in the interest of keeping my computer from any permanent damage, I moved game threads to the chat room where those embarrassing examples of over the top hysteria won't live forever.

Reaction Score
It was my decision to use the chat room for the women's game threads, not Tom's. It was mortifying to see fans lose their minds and trash individual players after squeaking out an 18 point victory on the road, playing without their point guard. I nearly made the decision back in January when a poster screeched out "she choked" after KLS missed free throws because she'd been whacked in the face and her eye was swollen shut. And if I see "we're going to lose in the Final Four if we play like this against Notre Dame/Louisville/Baylor/whoever" for the 150th time, I'm putting my fist through my monitor. So, in the interest of keeping my computer from any permanent damage, I moved game threads to the chat room where those embarrassing examples of over the top hysteria won't live forever.
If there is an issue with users then ban them. Tom wants to add a 0 to the 6 users that have been banned. I suggest he adds two 0's if that is what needs to be done to clean the place up. I am not sure we will miss the 10% who have been sent to the abyss.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I noticed that the game thread for the women last night was shut down and everyone was directed to the chat room. Will we be experiencing the same thing here?

Probably, if it's in the sites best interest.

I totally get chats being less popular because of the time delay for games on tv, but that doesnt explain the game threads, which have the same issue.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If there is an issue with users then ban them. Tom wants to add a 0 to the 6 users that have been banned. I suggest he adds two 0's if that is what needs to be done to clean the place up. I am not sure we will miss the 10% who have been sent to the abyss.
Honestly, some of hysterical types during games are some of our best posters outside of game threads. They’re very knowledgeable and add a lot of interesting perspectives when posting with cool heads; they just can’t control themselves during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom