Why do we have a chatroom? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why do we have a chatroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Traffic is at an all time high, with the number of visitors declining every day. Im not going to let this site be taken over by balloon knots flooding the board with their repeated negativity. Its not going to continue.

There is more than enough opportunity for anyone to state their opinion intelligently, but that rarely occurs. Those unable to do so, seem to think volume is a good substitute for quality. Its not.

Three people out of 6,000+ have been permanantly banned since the season started. I'm ready to add at a zero to that number.
Sd got canned twice. LOL.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Chat room activity is directly tied to general apathy. In 2014, it was great.
In 1999 it was epic chat.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Why welcome people to something that’s already open?
It’s like saying “the outdoors is open.”
I'm not a betting man, but I'd wager that the casual fan (or less) never knew this, and, "Reminder: Come join us in the always open chat room" would get backlash on other grounds.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I have to take some responsibility. I used to push the chat - make sure it was posted it was open and I would be there for most of all games. I haven't bothered to push it at all over the last two years partly because of my own apathy. I have no tolerance to watch a terrible product from such a great manufacturer. It would be like if BMW or Mercedes just kept turning out Pintos and Pacers for the last couple of years. The other reason I don't push it or join it is because the quality of the chat and chatters resembles the product on the floor and that's even more intolerable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A good use for chat would be to off load and discuss various rumors and theories regarding the program, KO and sanctions. We could discuss them, they wouldn't be publicly visible and the discussion could be eliminated after a set time period.

Pick a day and time and let people go at it. It would let off steam.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
A good use for chat would be to off load and discuss various rumors and theories regarding the program, KO and sanctions. We could discuss them, they wouldn't be publicly visible and the discussion could be eliminated after a set time period.

Pick a day and time and let people go at it. It would let off steam.

Tuesday Night Tantrums

Reaction Score
Its such a shame, I graduated Uconn the year after we won the 2000 national championship. It was probably my best night on campus, you wouldn't believe half the stories if I told you.... I really hope the Men can turn it around, the women put the men to shame now. Maybe KLS can help out..

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Twitter killed the chats.

It’s just better for that sort of thing.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
As a streamer, the streaming feed is often 30-60 seconds behind live video.

In chatroom people are comment ting on okays before I see them on TV.

Game threads are similar.

So, I avoid them both now. Maybe jump in at halftime.

Other issue I'd I've never like the chat room functionality for mobile devices.
After reading this, I realize that the facts of your argument outweigh the feelings of my memory. I too stream and it has functionally ruined txting with my sister in real time. And I originally shifted from Chat to txting because I had mobile functionality issues and then had a desktop in a room without a TV.

But the games, the fans, the comments, and the immediacy were all better when chat was king. Did I really do it on dialup too?

Reaction Score
Its such a shame, I graduated Uconn the year after we won the 2000 national championship. It was probably my best night on campus, you wouldn't believe half the stories if I told you.... I really hope the Men can turn it around, the women put the men to shame now. Maybe KLS can help out..

Let's hear some of the stories.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ha. I would get thrown off this site in 5 minutes if I did. I think I already have two warnings for foul behavior.

meh, that's nothing. you should see the counts of cesspool people. I've got 9 and am only middle of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom