Why do we have a chatroom? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why do we have a chatroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
No. Game threads are jackass magnets, difficult to read, reflect poorly on the site, are part of the boneyard's permanant record thanks to search engine spiders, and I'm tired of the site being ranked based on the stupidity of a few people.
Where is the Boneyard currently ranked, what is the goal and who is #1?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Where is the Boneyard currently ranked, what is the goal and who is #1?

Traffic is at an all time high, with the number of visitors declining every day. Im not going to let this site be taken over by balloon knots flooding the board with their repeated negativity. Its not going to continue.

There is more than enough opportunity for anyone to state their opinion intelligently, but that rarely occurs. Those unable to do so, seem to think volume is a good substitute for quality. Its not.

Three people out of 6,000+ have been permanantly banned since the season started. I'm ready to add at a zero to that number.

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Its not, but the game threads attract the worst among us.
I think they used to frequent the chat room. When the normal people switched to game thread, they were left with none to annoy, so they joined the game thread.
If you close that, they will start dominating every other thread...
Never mind, they already do thAt.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No. Game threads are jackass magnets, difficult to read, reflect poorly on the site, are part of the boneyard's permanant record thanks to search engine spiders, and I'm tired of the site being ranked based on the stupidity of a few people.

I'll give game threads one more try, but will give a reply ban to each user after their first stupid post saying the same thing repeatedly.

I'm sick of the negativity, and game threads are at the top of the list.

You might need to shut down the whole site then because the way 18-19 is shaping up in basketball and football the only poster will be Dan97.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And the chat died because it’s less compatible with mobile.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I think they used to frequent the chat room. When the normal people switched to game thread, they were left with none to annoy, so they joined the game thread.
If you close that, they will start dominating every other thread...
Never mind, they already do thAt.

That ends today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The chat was popular long before it was compatible with mobile dvices.

That’s my point. It’s incompatible with mobile and as more people moved to posting from their phones it died.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
That’s my point. It’s incompatible with mobile and as more people moved to posting from their phones it died.

This chat works on most mobile devices.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I havent slept in two days, so its probably not you.

Think of all the different streaming sources people use. None of them are in synch.

For example, when I use NBC Sports Gold I have to shut off alerts because the alerts come on events before I see them in the stream.

Since only about 5 of us admit to having cable a real time chat is going to be pretty difficult.

Reaction Score
You have a point for sure. On game threads I say stuff I would never post anywhere else on this board. I guess I treat it like a chat room because that's how it feels and I didn't know it actually mattered.

The chat was cool but it didn't really work on an iPhone. I would happily go back to that if we found an option that was compatible for everyone.

Reaction Score
Chat used to be a lot of fun, there was always 20 or 30 people in there. It died abruptly when the chat format was changed. I'm guessing it's because people weren't familiar with the new format, you couldn't create a chat room for a specific game (like you could with the old one), the controls aren't as user friendly (in my opinion). I tried going on a bunch of times for games but there would be no one on there, or maybe one or two people.

Anyway, it's a fun memory. Fort The Ead!

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
There used to be some guy who would post “Chat room is open.” Yet the room was always “open.” Never understood that.
It was almost like the guy thought he had to give permission to the plebes to use the room.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why welcome people to something that’s already open?
It’s like saying “the outdoors is open.”

171DA2CB-F9D8-427D-922F-302C9B400771.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member