Why do people get sensitive when critiquing Kevin Ollie? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why do people get sensitive when critiquing Kevin Ollie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Abidah Brimah doesn't make that and 1 vs st joe's, is Ollie still around? I'll say no. Heck I think Jim Calhoun was expected to take over after 1 year, it just so happened that Uconn got on an unbelivable run and won it.

LOL. Fire a guy after two consecutive 20+ win seasons. Thank christ you aren't the AD.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That had nothing to do with your point. And if it did, you made it poorly.
No I don't think that's the case. I can only assume that you are of reading age and that I don't need to read toddler books to you for you to understand. Once again, fail.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No I don't think that's the case. I can only assume that you are of reading age and that I don't need to read toddler books to you for you to understand. Once again, fail.

You're borderline comedic (unintentionally). Over/under on 16 years old would be a tough call.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

You sound like a really great guy.

Reaction Score
You're borderline comedic (unintentionally). Over/under on 16 years old would be a tough call.
I could be 15, OR, perhaps, I could be an honest (without rose-colored glasses) observant who has watched nearly every game for the past 20 years.

You were implying that KO's coaching en route to a NC was on par with what JC had accomplished with similarly transcendent players. That itself is hilarious, and if you don't think that Bazz and the band was more of the contributing factor than KO, you're just crazy. There were some prayers to get that NC, none of which were summoned by the coaching acumen of KO.

Reaction Score
I could be 15, OR, perhaps, I could be an honest (without rose-colored glasses) observant who has watched nearly every game for the past 20 years.

You were implying that KO's coaching en route to a NC was on par with what JC had accomplished with similarly transcendent players. That itself is hilarious, and if you don't think that Bazz and the band was more of the contributing factor than KO, you're just crazy. There were some prayers to get that NC, none of which were summoned by the coaching acumen of KO.

Once again, people getting sensitive about being critical of KO. Literally what this thread is about.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Not sure what you watched then, because I saw KO out coaching the likes of Wright, Izzo, Donovan, and Calipari. Not just because we were winning, but because he was making all the right moves. 3 HOFers there.

And there are prayers needed to get every championship. eg They got lucky as hell in 2011 that Jamelle Horn's (a 40% 3pt shooter) three was a couple of centimeters long.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you watched then, because I saw KO out coaching the likes of Wright, Izzo, Donovan, and Calipari. Not just because we were winning, but because he was making all the right moves. 3 HOFers there.

And there are prayers needed to get every championship. eg They got lucky as hell in 2011 that Jamelle Horn's (a 40% 3pt shooter) three was a couple of centimeters long.

Couldn't agree more - my question is - where is that now...? In the AAC?

Reaction Score
People need to stop with wins and losses, look at the games this year. 20 wins a year is a dumb argument? Tulsa started last year 12-0, who cares if u rack up wins in a bad conference. They play Syracuse Maryland and Gonzaga and they were mishandled, honestly look at how the team is performing offensively and this team is better than 58 pts a game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more - my question is - where is that now...? In the AAC?

I know it's almost cliche at this stage, but I still maintain that the team you see now is the result of not having a skilled, experienced PG. We've got a senior 2 guard, a freshman combo, and a sophomore SF trying to run the point. That's largely why they look like a mess.

They need that coach on the floor.

Reaction Score
Once again, people getting sensitive about being critical of KO. Literally what this thread is about.
Before this loss (vs a formidable opponent), would you have said the same thing ? Before this loss we were a top ten defense in the country on the verge of being ranked , still think KO can't coach? He is coaching his ass off take a look at the personnel

Reaction Score
Before this loss (vs a formidable opponent), would you have said the same thing ? Before this loss we were a top ten defense in the country on the verge of being ranked , still think KO can't coach? He is coaching his ass off take a look at the personnel

You are literally making my point for me. If you read my post earlier, I could care less about wins and losses - but we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

I really, really like KO. But the dude needs to get his ish together and get this team together. We are at least as talented as every other team in the conference - I would argue we are more talented - and we just can't put games away.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say he is coaching his ass off. He had no answer when Cincy locked down our perimeter guys in the second half. Shon Miller was open inside for chances to score but out guards were content to wait for the shot clock to wind down and try to dribble 3 on 1 or just throw up a wild shot.

I will at least say KO had fire this game. I'm sure he knows were are almost out of contention for the tourney so probably a little too late. Also, that inbound possession were Cincy's scored easily was embarrassing. Cincy's coach sure called up a great play and KO was clueless at best.

Reaction Score

The question is: what the hell happened to that guy?

Because KO isn't outcoaching anyone these days.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I love how we always get an easy two off a timeout

and how we call timeouts when on a run, and play on when they're on a run

we're at our best when dribbling threw triple teams too

it's all so beautiful, just the way it's supposed to be

willie99

Reaction Score
Ollyanna

MV5BMTIxOTk3MzE4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjI2NjQ5._V1._CR8,70,266,404_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Reaction Score
You are literally making my point for me. If you read my post earlier, I could care less about wins and losses - but we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

I really, really like KO. But the dude needs to get his ish together and get this team together. We are at least as talented as every other team in the conference - I would argue we are more talented - and we just can't put games away.
You don't care about wins or losses okay ha but what mistake is KO making that's inhibiting the progress of the team ? Talent wise Cincy is better if AB is out. Specifically what can KO do better? His rotations were fine. Ollie doesn't have magical wand to turn Nolan or facey into adequate finishing centers. Purvis is a poor free throw shooter. What could KO have done ?

Reaction Score
You don't care about wins or losses okay ha but what mistake is KO making that's inhibiting the progress of the team ? Talent wise Cincy is better if AB is out. Specifically what can KO do better? His rotations were fine. Ollie doesn't have magical wand to turn Nolan or facey into adequate finishing centers. Purvis is a poor free throw shooter. What could KO have done ?

Maybe run an in-bounds play? Or two? Or three?

Reaction Score
Maybe run an in-bounds play? Or two? Or three?
He runs a TON of OOB action try again. Go rewatch . Every game there is great action off an inbound and the players poorly execute (rushed shot, late pass).

What you need to understand is the front court without AB is dreadful (even with him average), there is no room of error there. And there were was an abundance of errors.

willie99

Reaction Score
He runs a TON of OOB action try again. Go rewatch . Every game there is great action off an inbound and the players poorly execute (rushed shot, late pass).

What you need to understand is the front court without AB is dreadful (even with him average), there is no room of error there. And there were was an abundance of errors.

c'mon man, can't we get lucky an execute just one time?

in 20 games?

it's horrible, coaching malpractice at this point (thanks Fishy)

Reaction Score

Isn't developing players and teaching/coaching him part of the job, then? Hamilton, Adams, Gibbs, Miller, Cassell, Purvis, Facey - they're all KO guys.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how AB is going to make us a better team than what we saw today. I think we are better than Cincy as is but we just need to learn to play inside out and have the ball more in JA's hands. AB is bad help defender and really just block shots. Our defense has been suffocating the last few games but we are still struggling to put away teams. I just don't see AB helping out the offense much.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how AB is going to make us a better team than what we saw today. I think we are better than Cincy as is but we just need to learn to play inside out and have the ball more in JA's hands. AB is bad help defender and really just block shots. Our defense has been suffocating the last few games but we are still struggling to put away teams. I just don't see AB helping out the offense much.

Another 2 losses and I say it's time for the Jalen Adams show. Let him go out there and make mistakes but at least get him involved. He's an integral part of the future. Enoch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom