Why do people get sensitive when critiquing Kevin Ollie? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Why do people get sensitive when critiquing Kevin Ollie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
c'mon man, can't we get lucky an execute just one time?

in 20 games?

it's horrible, coaching malpractice at this point (thanks Fishy)
Just yesterday everything was lovely , elite defense with an offense ( two NEW starters no biggie) that was growing. Now uconn hasn't executed in 20 games ? They haven't executed a single scheme in 20 games ?

Isn't developing players and teaching/coaching him part of the job, then? Hamilton, Adams, Gibbs, Miller, Cassell, Purvis, Facey - they're all KO guys.
Yep it is and he has developed Hamilton . His defense is night and day within KO high ball pressure scheme.

When the coach has the team humming along at a top 15ish defensive efficiency rating , I tend to thing he has a good grasp on player development. Perhaps, I know this sounds crazy, uconn doesn't have great offensive personnel ? Rose can't grow from cement, Hamilton will never be some great individual scorer and purvis will never be a great facilitater. The front court is below average talent wise

Reaction Score
Another 2 losses and I say it's time for the Jalen Adams show. Let him go out there and make mistakes but at least get him involved. He's an integral part of the future. Enoch too.
I like it but SE still gets lost on defense and other players have to cover up for him there. I do wish our guards could at least get the ball inside to him a couple times a game. He does have post presence on the offensive side of the ball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Isn't developing players and teaching/coaching him part of the job, then? Hamilton, Adams, Gibbs, Miller, Cassell, Purvis, Facey - they're all KO guys.

While he recruited them, Miller and Gibbs aren't 'his guys' per say. They were developed elsewhere and are essentially hired guns. Adams is a frosh, so you can write that one off.

For the others? Hamilton has definitely developed. I just don't think he's best suited to be the 'main' point guard on the roster, which he effectively is at this point.

Facey, raw physically and basketball wise coming in, has definitely improved each year. I expect him to be a really nice player next season.

Cassell? Meh, he just doesn't have enough to work with.

Purvis is a conundrum.

Reaction Score
While he recruited them, Miller and Gibbs aren't 'his guys' per say. They were developed elsewhere and are essentially hired guns. Adams is a frosh, so you can write that one off.

For the others? Hamilton has definitely developed. I just don't think he's best suited to be the 'main' point guard on the roster, which he effectively is at this point.

Facey, raw physically and basketball wise coming in, has definitely improved each year. I expect him to be a really nice player next season.

Cassell? Meh, he just doesn't have enough to work with.

Purvis is a conundrum.
Purvis played hard and made some nice drives. Unfortunately he still has trouble finishing in traffic and hitting FT's. Not good when you are in close games.

Reaction Score
Boy I nailed it right on the money, nice possessions there. Twice 2 shot clock violations, just 0 creativity and not even any effort to put the ball on the hands of purvis who has been the best player offensively the past 2 games. Sickening

I hate how satisfied you are. If we hadn't lost you'd look like a clown posting this minutes before tip. Now you're smug because our 4 game streak is broken and Cincy makes you feel like a hero addressing an elephant in room. People question KO all the time without getting sensitive. You're not original.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just yesterday everything was lovely , elite defense with an offense ( two NEW starters no biggie) that was growing. Now uconn hasn't executed in 20 games ? They haven't executed a single scheme in 20 games ?

what I said was very simple, and very different than what you're addressing

"out of a timeout, we NEVER get a bunny", NEVER, and I'm not embellishing either, NEVER

Now, after the Tulsa debacle where our team decided it was OK to shoot 30 3's, the offense has been better and we've been pounding the paint more, but we still NEVER get an easy shot out of a timeout. Yesterday's case in point? The heaved off balance three by Purvis late in the game after a KO timeout

Reaction Score
what I said was very simple, and very different than what you're addressing

"out of a timeout, we NEVER get a bunny", NEVER, and I'm not embellishing either, NEVER

Now, after the Tulsa debacle where our team decided it was OK to shoot 30 3's, the offense has been better and we've been pounding the paint more, but we still NEVER get an easy shot out of a timeout. Yesterday's case in point? The heaved off balance three by Purvis late in the game after a KO timeout
Sad part is aside from Smu, nobody can even come close to the talent Uconn has in the american.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom