Who's your list for next HC? | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
Yeah you want to know who the dolt is here big mouth it’s you. Comparing Jim Calhoun to anything that has happened with the football program is moronic at best. But continue on Slick you’re very entertaining.
Of course he was not making hat comparison. He was using an example of a situation where the right coach took a bad program and turned it around. You want some football examples…Schiano went to Rutgers and took over a program that hadn’t had a winning season in a generation. Justin Fuente took a Memphis program that had 4 winning seasons between 1995 and 2010. He won 10 and 9 games in his second and 3 rd seasons. They are now solid. Temple had 16 losing seasons in a row before Al Golden turned them around. So yeah, it can be done. And there are guys out there who will take the job and with luck we get somebody who will do it.

Reaction Score
Found a guy that might be intriguing: Florida State OC Kenny Dillingham ... He was once OC at Auburn (post Benedict... 1 year at Auburn in 2019.. extremely productive) .. prior to that at Memphis as OC for a few years there, where they went nuts on offense.. very young too ... There's your offensive guy that may make sense...

Reaction Score
How did I miss this literary genius? "It's a rock in the stream that will turn and drop you in the Water."
A rock in a stream. Turns. Drops you in the water.
Your next poorly punctuated run-on sentence doesn't even bear repeating.
We'll close the door for you.
Thank you for your interest in UConn athletics.

Screw off I’ve been a fan longer than your sorry butt. Ever see Wes Balosuknia play hoops or Vinnie Clemens play on campus?? Don’t care about my punctuation or how you feel about my “run on” sentence only tools talk to things like that on the Boneyard and you may be King Tool. But impressive disagreement like a child lol. F off

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Screw off I’ve been a fan longer than your sorry butt. Ever see Wes Balosuknia play hoops or Vinnie Clemens play on campus?? Don’t care about my punctuation or how you feel about my “run on” sentence only tools talk to things like that on the Boneyard and you may be King Tool. But impressive disagreement like a child lol. F off
OK. So you're old. That doesn't give you the right to screw the pooch when it comes to football. Stick to hoops and stop with the bashing. If you're such a lifelong fan, you'd be supportive...or at least STFU.

Reaction Score
OK. So you're old. That doesn't give you the right to screw the pooch when it comes to football. Stick to hoops and stop with the bashing. If you're such a lifelong fan, you'd be supportive...or at least STFU.
Again F off. I’m not old I’m a fan. I had an opinion you didn’t like it you were an idiot about it with you childish sarcastic reply. You stfu or realize your opinion isn’t always right DB.

Reaction Score
I’m amazed with some of the bigger assistants names being thrown around. This is not a stepping stone it’s a rock in a stream that will turn and drop you in the
Water. Please head backwards get out of D1 immediately this is an embarrassment no coach who has a future will consider if he’s not on major drugs.
Really???? So CCSU will play D1 and UConn will play D2?

that makes a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
NFC, I don't know and just hope for and root for better for the Huskies' players (current and future), for my alma mater, and UConn's supportive fans. On the other hand, some comments appear to suggest Feisty Friday's well underway.

Go UConn. Beat Wyoming.

Reaction Score
I’m amazed with some of the bigger assistants names being thrown around. This is not a stepping stone it’s a rock in a stream that will turn and drop you in the
Water. Please head backwards get out of D1 immediately this is an embarrassment no coach who has a future will consider if he’s not on major drugs.
Good thing you aren't on the BOT for UConn ( or as an example Coastal Carolina). Rather than picking a retread, authoritarian failure like HCREDreamJob1.0 Coastal Carolina promoted a coach named Jamey Chadwell whose biggest head coaching job had been Charleston Southern. Coastal Carolina plays in the Sun Belt and has a stadium with 20,000 capacity. Team currently ranked #17. Coaching picks matter, who is doing the coaching picks matter. Your embarrassment doesn't matter.

"We are Marshall" tells you all you need to know about coming back.

Don't need someone looking for stepping stones, we need someone with some big "STONES".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Found a guy that might be intriguing: Florida State OC Kenny Dillingham ... He was once OC at Auburn (post Benedict... 1 year at Auburn in 2019.. extremely productive) .. prior to that at Memphis as OC for a few years there, where they went nuts on offense.. very young too ... There's your offensive guy that may make sense...

Nope. No head coaching experience. I'm a hard pass on this upcoming hire if there isn't a track record as an HC.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Any MAC or SunBelt coach with a winning record. Not the time to get cute or try to find a diamond in the rough.

Reaction Score
Good thing you aren't on the BOT for UConn ( or as an example Coastal Carolina). Rather than picking a retread, authoritarian failure like HCREDreamJob1.0 Coastal Carolina promoted a coach named Jamey Chadwell whose biggest head coaching job had been Charleston Southern. Coastal Carolina plays in the Sun Belt and has a stadium with 20,000 capacity. Team currently ranked #17. Coaching picks matter, who is doing the coaching picks matter. Your embarrassment doesn't matter.

"We are Marshall" tells you all you need to know about coming back.

Don't need someone looking for stepping stones, we need someone with some big "STONES".

Good answer I’m good with this. And yes you’re right my crap doesn’t matter but they are in the fence. And if they don’t pick the “big stones” guy this time it might be huge trouble. Appreciate the thoughtful response without calling me a “genius” or “dolt” our if the gate. Hope this happens I’m rooting for that!!!

Reaction Score
Shinnick has the perfect resume IMO. He is exactly the type of guy we should be going after. Proven track record as a head coach at three different schools. Chesney at Holy Cross has also been successful at three different stops. These are the types of proven winners that we might have a shot at. The Yale coach is another guy who interests me.

We need to find our Lance Leipold.
Could not agree more. Find a coach who has had success at multiple stops, I don’t care what level. There are several out there. And I am still high on Chesney.

Reaction Score
Nope. Wrong too. I'll take a proven winner at FCS or D2. Don't think I'd bite on D3 or JUCO.
I keep thinking of Crocker who was a wizard with his defense at Villanova but bombed big here! Thought he was a proven winner for our defense since he did amazing things with The Villanova defense!! But it was awful! So I would like an FBS coach that’s proven himself at a school or two. No FCS for me.. and god no on a D3 either.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Good answer I’m good with this. And yes you’re right my crap doesn’t matter but they are in the fence. And if they don’t pick the “big stones” guy this time it might be huge trouble. Appreciate the thoughtful response without calling me a “genius” or “dolt” our if the gate. Hope this happens I’m rooting for that!!!
I apologize for my snarky tone, but I believe it was the "turn around and go to D2" that set me off. Football isn't going away. We just have to get it right. The "just drop it" stuff doesn't help the program or the school.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I keep thinking of Crocker who was a wizard with his defense at Villanova but bombed big here! Thought he was a proven winner for our defense since he did amazing things with The Villanova defense!! But it was awful! So I would like an FBS coach that’s proven himself at a school or two. No FCS for me.. and god no on a D3 either.
I don't blame Crocker totally. It was a bad hire. He had the wrong personnel for his defense. But he did not adjust his defense to what he had and that is why it failed so miserably. It was literally a case of this is what we are doing regardless of personnel.

Reaction Score
Nope. Wrong too. I'll take a proven winner at FCS or D2. Don't think I'd bite on D3 or JUCO.
Are you on the board that chooses who we end up hiring? Seriously speaking (just wondering)

Reaction Score
I recall the Defensive line/Co-Defensive Coordinator of the Cowboys who left to become the Head Coach at UConn a few years back...
Kellen Moore already turned down the Boise job and said he wants to stay in the NFL. If he turned down the Boise job I can’t imagine him coming here.

Reaction Score
Any MAC or SunBelt coach with a winning record. Not the time to get cute or try to find a diamond in the rough.
that is my thinking too. The MAC had a bunch of good coaches a few years ago but most got snagged by other coaches. I don’t know if there is anyone who has established himself right now. Maybe Leopold, maybe the guy at Eastern Michigan who took a long term bad program and has made them into a respectable one.

The thing with coordinators is that it’s hit or miss. I know there is a lot of hope to land Morehead, but his stop at Mississippi State was a mess. His Team was a mess. Cheating scandal, his quarterback injured in a fight at practice, a meltdown at a press conference. Just a hot mess. And of all things, State fans complained about his boring offense.

As I said, I also I sort of wonder about looking for a guy who was at a major program but didn’t exactly fail. Just didn’t succeed at the level the fans thought they deserved. So a Herman who might want to rebuild his image but also whether he is too “regional.” There have been a few of these guys who show up in the MAC over the years.

The other guy who I wanted when Diaco was hired is Pete Lembo. Successful head coach at Lehigh, Elon and Ball State. Word is he felt he deserved a Big 10 job at the time, but didn’t get one. Supposedly turned down a G5 job, though I am not certain of that. Been Special Teams coordinator and Associate HC at Maryland and South Carolina. Northeast guy. I think he is around 50 so not too old.

Reaction Score
Lots of posts about age of coaches which I find somewhat amusing-given our current PC society not sure age of coach can be used in decision making process. Full disclosure- I am North of 50
Any aggressive young coach that gets hired will not stay long if program even has a sniff of success

Get a solid, football savvy coach who has been around the block once or twice and can build something from nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom