Who's your list for next HC? | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
What do you think of Chesney?
He is a fine coach making his way through the ranks. I don't think he is ready for FBS football though as he's never been out of New England. His next stop is a coordinator at BC. Just a guess.

I find it odd that he has coached at three colleges across three levels of competition, all in New England, and all Catholic schools.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Agree, id be happy with Chesney as well

I
He is a fine coach making his way through the ranks. I don't think he is ready for FBS football though as he's never been out of New England. His next stop is a coordinator at BC. Just a guess.

I find it odd that he has coached at three colleges across three levels of competition, all in New England, and all Catholic schools.

I started looking him up.

Salve Regina was hopeless before he got there. He turned them around in 2 years.

That’s a good start at least lol

Reaction Score
Lewis is a solid choice. And should be on the short list if we can't get Moorhead. IMO, Moorhead needs to be target number 1 above all else. If he doesn't come here, Lewis, Cignetti, Entz, Herman and Harasymiak should all be on the short list.
I could see Morehead coming here just to spite Edsall. If the BOT and Benedict offer him $4m a year over 5 years, I think he takes it. The hard part is the assistant pool.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
If they go with Harasymiak, it would be interesting to see if he would want his old OC at Maine who is now the Head Coach there, Nick Charlton. Only makes $153k; UConn can probably double or triple his salary as an OC.

He served in multiple roles under Harasymiak including WR/ST/QB coach and was the OC his last year there when they made the FCS Semifinals.

As someone who follows Maine closely, I think Charlton would be a great addition to a Harasymiak staff, either as OC or a skill coach (if we go with a more "established" OC). He's turned Maine into a top 25 FCS offense and the team has set season passing records with him at the helm.

Maine lost their QB at JMU last week and they're running a redshirt freshman out there for the next few weeks -- it will be interesting to see how Charlton's offense does without a veteran QB. They're hosting Merrimack this weekend.

Reaction Score
Harasymiak HC with Mazzone at OC and Marinelli at QBs?
I like it. One of Edsall’s big failings at UConn over the years was his inability to recruit in the FCIAC and Prep. He has had a few over the years (Mitchell, Sean Mulcahy, Trevardo Williams), but for an in state flagship university he should had a pipeline. So many others that should have given UConn a look but never did. Marinelli can change that.

Reaction Score
There are probably 50-100 names mentioned so far. My guess, it’s not one of those that is actually hired.

not saying these are good or bad, just seems like the hire is never ‘obvious’

Reaction Score
After spending some time researching realistic options - I am all in on Sean Lewis. Checks off all the boxes for me.
Other than the fact he's very young, up and coming, probably affordable (making $440k now) , what else does he offer?

Reaction Score
There are probably 50-100 names mentioned so far. My guess, it’s not one of those that is actually hired.

not saying these are good or bad, just seems like the hire is never ‘obvious’
Hmmm……Tom Brady? I think he knows the northeast.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I could see Morehead coming here just to spite Edsall. If the BOT and Benedict offer him $4m a year over 5 years, I think he takes it. The hard part is the assistant pool.

Spite or no spite, $20M will get Moorehead's interest.

Reaction Score

JaJuan Seider is a nationally elite recruiter. Not sure about his coaching chops or what type of staff he could assemble.
He should be high on our list.... Only potential problem is, if he has a ton of success, he won't stick around... but, then again, with that success, our Admin dept would come around and work to keep him around.... along with what he needs staff wise....

Reaction Score
He should be high on our list.... Only potential problem is, if he has a ton of success, he won't stick around... but, then again, with that success, our Admin dept would come around and work to keep him around.... along with what he needs staff wise....
Let’s see success first and then worry about the problems it brings.
we’ve seen ineptitude for almost a decade. Success has to be better

Reaction Score
Whatever we do, I hope we use RPO a lot more in our offense... Tyler P has some ability... From what I see, our coaching needs to improve... In that I mean, more of the players should be expected in practice prior to games... Seems we let too many things go in practice.. More needs to be expected in practice... We look ill prepared... Talent we have but preparation (acceptable stuff) just isn't there.. Everybody should be screaming on the sidelines right now (like Brian Keating, who is out of the game with a wrist injury against Army)... No time for being a pretty boy in a uniform.... pull out the lunchpales and work....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Tyler P has talent. In a perfect world we would be grooming him now to start his redshirt sophomore year. Unfortunately at the moment we are a few hundred thousand miles from a perfect world.

Reaction Score
Tyler P has talent. In a perfect world we would be grooming him now to start his redshirt sophomore year. Unfortunately at the moment we are a few hundred thousand miles from a perfect world.
Normally I'd be against what we're doing with Tyler. But if you can get some experience make good decisions and learn how to slide when necessary we have absolutely nothing to lose and he has everything to gain.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Does Miami getting blown out by Mich State help us with Lashlee?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
what about Mazzone??

Wait. What? Bringing on the next OC or HC as a consultant to give him an early start on next season? I can't believe UConn is clever enough to do what 1129 other FBS schools would do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom