Who's your list for next HC? | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
No doubt that the 3 with HC experience would find success. I just don't see any of them considering us. Why would they? All 3 would be able to get better jobs next season than UConn. Lashlee, who's stock is much lower than the other 3, could come here. I just don't think he has any interest.
I think it boils down to money. If UConn offers around the same that they offered Edsall, of course none of them would come here. I’m just assuming in mentioning these guys that the school has learned it’s lesson and is going to offer the going rate for a top notch coach.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I'm always optimistic and love the optimism here on this topic.
I believed our players would actually be bigger, stronger and faster this year and play like it.

We have great facilities, including the recently renovated locker room, and the players should play with pride about the name on their jerseys.

I thought with four years of recruiting and development under Edsall that six wins was not totally out of the question, with HC, UMass, Yale, etc. on the schedule and an upset or two.

I've fought feeling that this whole process has been designed to slowly kill the program and now, as I reflect on what it will take to attract a coach who knows how to manage a program, recruit and win, it seems to all come down to:
Who in their right mind would give up a good, secure, position in a nice locale to come to Storrs, CT, home of ten years of misery under three different head coaches and several interim coaches?

Most, if not all, high quality accomplished coaches won't be
gunslingers and go for broke to come here if their career is on a trajectory pointing towards better jobs.

If we don't show we're really serious about improving football by offering a major, written, commitment to candidates providing not only a competitive salary for the coach but also for the assistants along with other assurances, especially the schedule, we will not fare any better in hiring and on the field.
Interesting - when Geno Auriemma came here, it was a pitiful program with the Field House as his main facility and a crappy conference. When Calhoun came here, we were the dregs of a great conference and no recruiting base. Hell, even Randy Edsall V 1 came here and got to the Fiesta Bowl. One of our biggest selling points is if given the right tools, the right guy can go far. Even in football

Reaction Score
Interesting - when Geno Auriemma came here, it was a pitiful program with the Field House as his main facility and a crappy conference. When Calhoun came here, we were the dregs of a great conference and no recruiting base. Hell, even Randy Edsall V 1 came here and got to the Fiesta Bowl. One of our biggest selling points is if given the right tools, the right guy can go far. Even in football
That made a ton of sense, back in the 80s and 90s... just sayin... things are a lot different now...

Reaction Score
So would Saban, but he's not coming here either.
The problem is we will never recruit like Alabama. So just because we get a big name coach does not mean he or she will succeed here. We need a head coach who can work with mid-range recruits and succeed, This was one of Edsall's strong points a decade ago. I like what the coach of Coastal Carolina was able to do there.

Reaction Score
Harasymiak is definitely on Benedict’s short list, also heard Lashlee, Moorehead, and Tom Herman are on it. Spanos also in the running but unlikely if you ask me. Herman is a long shot IMO.
Would love to know your source and how real that is.

those first three are legit coaches and all would come with staffing expectations.
If true, UConn is going different route and expanding the budget.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I want Kevin Kelley, currently coaching at Presbyterian. This is the coach that doesn’t punt. All he does is win! This isn’t a gimmick, it’s innovation.

Sure beats the guy who punted when almost in field goal range, so there's that.

Reaction Score

those first three are legit coaches and all would come with staffing expectations.
If true that would be a classic. One guy fails under overly restrictive constraints. The replacement they hire gets everything he needs to be a success. If that indeed happens, Randy would have every reason to be pissed.

Reaction Score
@CCSUblue and @ThabeetDown, nice compilations and analysis. My list for HC would be
1. Cignetti
2. Coen
3. Harasymiak
4. Longo
5. Spencer

Does someone who is 60 have the energy to rebuild this mess? It might sound ageist, but I want someone who needs this to turn around to happen to elevate themselves in their career. This is not the job you take to coast into retirement.

Reaction Score
Seems like NCAA football might be resembling the NFL in terms of the quickness to fire coaches. This might help us this go-round. It'd be wild to actually hire someone just fired before the season was even over.

Reaction Score
Helton was making $4.6 Million... Kinda hard seeing him take a pay cut to come here... He had a pretty decent record as a HC... IF (big IF) he wanted to just settle down, build his own thing, we'd be a nice landing spot... He's seen a lot... hang out/hide out up in Storrs.. Enjoy all 4 seasons... relax and coach football...

Reaction Score
Helton went 5-1 last year and they canned him already? Can he come to Storrs now and take over the program? USC would be paying his salary for the next few years anyways lol

Reaction Score
Helton went 5-1 last year and they canned him already? Can he come to Storrs now and take over the program? USC would be paying his salary for the next few years anyways lol
He can bring Todd Orlando here as DC. Would be nice!

Reaction Score
Clay Helton just became available...
I think Clay was paid almost 5 Million. I think our head coach and his entire staff will be less then he was paid.We need a young coach who is making 300 to 450 thousand. Give him an incentive package that includes winning games.

Reaction Score
He can bring Todd Orlando here as DC. Would be nice!
They say that Todd is very close to being fired. I don't think he did well at Texas and was let go but I am not sure about that

Reaction Score

Yes I think he might be good. Northeast guy with Maine having UCONN connections. No need to pay more than RE since no one else would. Coordinators 500 plus if they are worth it. The morehead and that caliber is 2.5 plus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom