Tyler Stockton
Nick Hill
JaJuan Seider
Justin Frye
Nunzio Campanile
Joe Harasymiak
Liam Coen
Here is the blurb from Vannini's article:

-> It's very early in the process and replacement candidates have yet to emerge, but potential names to watch could include Towson head coach Rob Ambrose, Arizona defensive coordinator Don Brown, former Temple and Miami head coach Al Golden, Holy Cross head coach Bob Chesney and former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky. <-

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

-> It's very early in the process and replacement candidates have yet to emerge, but potential names to watch could include Towson head coach Rob Ambrose, Arizona defensive coordinator Don Brown, former Temple and Miami head coach Al Golden, Holy Cross head coach Bob Chesney and former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky. <-
All his research was performed on the BY apparently.

Reaction Score

These are all literally awful choices. I mean come on. Maybe chesney?

Reaction Score
I really just want them to break the recent cycle of hiring coaches w/ primarily defensive backgrounds (unless of course they declare their OC ahead of time ;)).
This guy was an offensive coordinator and his offenses were terrible.

You need a guy that has a vision, drive and the will to rebuild. A young coordinator that has a broad resume would really be a good choice.

Reaction Score
I still like the former Austin Peay coach, now at Charlotte...Will Healy. 36 years old - turns these programs around - and quickly using a positive reinforcement method. He's a proven commodity (as a HC) - and a tremendous recruiter. Kids want to play for this guy - and I think it's a positive that he's not rooted in the area.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Bill O'Brien is my #1 choice

Best name, would never come here. He'll have his pick of top 15-25 jobs if he wants back in, which I doubt.

I have no idea who should be on DB's list and neither should we, but I hope to the Heaven's DB does. This will be a lot harder than hiring Hurley and will determine his future. I hope he's been preparing for this as he has previously hinted.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For those w/o a sub, can you list the names? I saw Moorhead, but that's it. And I'm personally not all that interested in Moorhead, although I imagine it'll make the "get someone with ties to UConn" crowd happy.

If it's Joe, it means no one else of note was interested. To some extend, the goal of the next coach is to restore credibility (again, for the fourth time)

Reaction Score
Love what Will Healy did at Austin Peay and is now doing at Charlotte. There will likely be competition trying to land him, but he only makes $775k currently so we can certainly offer him a nice bump.

Reaction Score
Joe Moorhead for me. Could careless about his ties to UConn. He turned around Fordham and got them into consecutive FCS playoffs. Killed it as an offensive coordinator at PSU. At MSU things went sour but the SEC is a different animal. He will be still earning his MSU buyout for a few more years, so perhaps that allows him to take slightly less pay at UConn. According to Wikipedia he is on $900K at Oregon as their OC.

Reaction Score

Besides Chesney and orlovsky, weren't all these names suggested after diaco got fired.....hell they were all on there after pp was fired.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Joe Moorhead

Rhett Lashlee

Tyler Stockton

Nick Hill

JaJuan Seider

Justin Frye

Nunzio Campanile

Joe Harasymiak

Liam Coen
Looking at that list, I'm wondering if UConn could get both Harasymiak as HC and Coen as OC. Frye is also interesting.

As many have noted previously, Lashlee ain't coming back. I don't know why some of you think Nunzio would be particularly interesting. Stockton is a red flag as he loved Diaco's 3-4 and would probably want to use it (Diaco is a mentor).

fwiw, Moorhead made $2.75 mill as HC at Miss St (also signed an extension worth $3.2 AAV). So I don't think UConn would be able to swing him even if they can give him a raise over his OC salary. Also seems his first HC experience didn't go all that well, with disciplinary issues and not meeting expectations. Maybe he's happy running offenses.

Reaction Score
I would think local-it’s a very unattractive position for anyone but someone from CT or nearby who witnessed the viability of this markwt and brand from 2007-11. Otherwise, its just 1-2 year stepping stone with no long term benefit or growth.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Moorhead seems like the obvious choice to me. Good offensive mind, knows the state/program, probably wants to move back to the east coast, probably hungry to become HC at a big time program again before retirement. How much better can we expect to do?

Reaction Score
Moorhead seems like the obvious choice to me. Good offensive mind, knows the state/program, probably wants to move back to the east coast, probably hungry to become HC at a big time program again before retirement. How much better can we expect to do?
Big time program? UConn football?

He's only 47, not sure he's thinking about retirement much.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Joe Moorhead

Rhett Lashlee

Tyler Stockton

Nick Hill

JaJuan Seider

Justin Frye

Nunzio Campanile

Joe Harasymiak

Liam Coen

Harasymiak is my guy. He only makes 350k at Minnesota so we’d be a substantial raise for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom