Who's the starter? Lou or Caroline? | The Boneyard

Who's the starter? Lou or Caroline?

Who's the starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
When Caroline is fully healthy does she start or does Lou remain the starter? I'm pretty sure I know what the majority of the answers will be, but to quote Lee Corso, "Not so fast".

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This will be close. I voted for Caroline. I think her versatility is a little more and in particular, he post up ability and defense give her an edge even if I think Lou is a more efficient shooter.

Reaction Score
Over an extended period of many games, they would IMO wind up with just about equal minutes, whoever starts. Starter might even depend on the specific opponent and/or the opening mix Geno wants in a specific game to adjust to other injuries or the style of the opponent's play.

But Geno likes experience and stability so it is likely Lou out of the gate.

But "fully heathy" is possibly out of sight right now for Caroline and your question assumes Lou also remains healthy (with already some minor issues). Wonderful if the issue even comes up!

Reaction Score
I think Lou is the better shooter at this point while Caroline is a bit bigger and better inside...........only Geno knows which one has the better mentality to come off the bench...........for now I'd leave well enough alone and start Lou......,.

Reaction Score
Over an extended period of many games, they would IMO wind up with just about equal minutes, whoever starts. Starter might even depend on the specific opponent and/or the opening mix Geno wants in a specific game to adjust to other injuries or the style of the opponent's play.

But Geno likes experience and stability so it is likely Lou out of the gate.

But "fully heathy" is possibly out of sight right now for Caroline and your question assumes Lou also remains healthy (with already some minor issues). Wonderful if the issue even comes up!
What minor issues?

Reaction Score
It's really two bad we can't start 6 or 7. Might come down to who is best suited to come in off the bench and totally change the game if all things are equal as to who starts. Really great that, when back at full capacity, we will have the option to make a really quick and effective change if anybody is having a rough game or gets in foul trouble. Great substitution options that provide really different looks on both offense and defense. Such a versatile talented roster this season!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Caroline came in for Aubrey in the Iowa game. She’s been playing the power forward, not the wing. Geno has the luxury of rotating 6-1 Lou, 6-1 Aubrey, and 6-2 Caroline at the wing forward spots in the combination that gives him what he’s looking for. If Amari would get her act together, she’d add a completely different element to that group.

Ayanna’s play in the last game was big. Geno has another power forward/center option. I was happy to see Aaliyah and Ayanna on the court together for a few minutes during the Iowa game. They could be a pretty intimidating frontcourt

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Lou. but if she misses 2 shots in a row, take her out.

Reaction Score
Who starts, after Caroline is running on all cylinders, would depend on who the opponent is....Caroline is better around the post, while Lou has a better quick jump shot...CD might be better on defense though, and once again it depends on the opponent and also Lou has more experience.

sun

Reaction Score
Games usually start off at a very fast pace and Lou seems to be speedier & generally quicker than Carol, like with getting off shots.
As long as Lou can stay out of foul trouble early on, I like seeing Carol come in when the defense starts getting fatigued.
Being fresher can make Carol even more effective at whatever position she plays because she excels at maintaining her wits, especially when others appear flustered because the game gets hectic & goes into disarray.
She can come in and tidy things right up, & restore some order.

Last edited:

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Lou!

The real conundrum, however, is how to get Lou, Azzi, and Caroline in the game at the same time. I dream of the game where all three are shooting well at the same time. Perhaps bringing Caroline in as a PF IS the solution.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
LLS is a better shooter, Ducharme a better scorer/playmaker. I’d go with Ducharme. To be honest I think I like UCONN’s smaller lineup without Juhasz though. Floor spacing is better and it opens space up for Edwards.

Reaction Score
LLS is a better shooter, Ducharme a better scorer/playmaker. I’d go with Ducharme. To be honest I think I like UCONN’s smaller lineup without Juhasz though. Floor spacing is better and it opens space up for Edwards.
I do too if they can continue to rebound consistently, especially against size.

Reaction Score
Wow! This is something that has the potential to completely change. First, WHO is better coming off the bench, point-wise? Next, WHO is better defensively (I think Caroline is a little quicker than Lou)? I don't see this as a scoring contest, but what will be better team-wise. Lastly, will competition between the 2 be a factor in improving? Will Lou be spurred on? Will Caroline be the same or better than last year? :confused:

Reaction Score
I would start Lou, with the instruction to start attacking the basket right away. If she can help get us ahead, that puts us in a stronger position to win. If the game gets tight at the end, I will have Caroline playing rather than Lou. She is versatile on defense.

Both are great players and both will get significant minutes.

Reaction Score
I’ll wait until Caroline is 100% healthy before answering any better shooter questions

Reaction Score
See my reply to the similar thread concerning Dorka...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom