Who would want to play for Kim Mulkey ? ESPN | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who would want to play for Kim Mulkey ? ESPN

Reaction Score
Carrington's junior year at Stanford was just as good as her one season with Baylor. She had an up and down career, but I can't honestly see that she improved or developed more with Mulkey.
She looked the same to me

Chloe Jackson on the other, I will admit she developed a lot. She was never W caliber but she was a much better all around player at Baylor than she ever was at LSU. That assist to turnover ratio was staggering.

sun

Reaction Score
Besides Lou. which player had surgery before playing in the W ? Im drawing a blank
Christyn Williams needed knee surgery as soon as she got to training camp after being drafted.
She lost 2 WNBA seasons & didn't sign with another team until the last game this past season.
She also had nerve surgery on her arm before her senior season.

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams needed knee surgery as soon as she got to training camp after being drafted.
She lost 2 WNBA seasons & didn't sign with another team until the last game this past season.
She also had nerve surgery on her arm before her senior season.
She got hurt in training camp not before she left UConn
The elbow injury didn’t cause her to miss time in the Wnba
So can you give me example when they needed surgery besides Lou before wnba

Reaction Score
Carrington's junior year at Stanford was just as good as her one season with Baylor. She had an up and down career, but I can't honestly see that she improved or developed more with Mulkey.
The one player that improved massively under Mulkey's tutelage was Nina Davis. No one expected a whole lot from her coming out of high school. A two time All American. Her senior year she played out of position (hybrid wing) and didn't achieve the same level.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She looked the same to me

Chloe Jackson on the other, I will admit she developed a lot. She was never W caliber but she was a much better all around player at Baylor than she ever was at LSU. That assist to turnover ratio was staggering.

Te'a Cooper too. She was much better at Baylor than she was at Tennessee or South Carolina.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
The one player that improved massively under Mulkey's tutelage was Nina Davis. No one expected a whole lot from her coming out of high school. A two time All American. Her senior year she played out of position (hybrid wing) and didn't achieve the same level.
If you're looking at Kim developing players, I actually think Nina Davis was a mixed bag rather than a 100% success story . Davis came in and averaged 15/9 for a top 10 team from day 1, which indicates Davis being underrated more than Mulkey taking a player out of nowhere and turning her into a star. To Mulkey's (and Nina's) credit, Davis blossomed into one of the best front court players in America, earning All America honors as a sophomore and junior, but her game never expanded in a way that would benefit her long term. Her perimeter game didn't develop and she ultimately wasn't able to make it in the pros as a result. So on one hand, Nina turned into one of the best front court players in the country, but on the other she wasn't able to expand her game in a way that was necessary for her to thrive at the next level.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So maybe this is just as much to her credit, as she's able to get great results out of players who are not WNBA-level star caliber.

I question whether it's more becoming for a college coach to have players who never become all-Americans in college and then are immediate impact players in the W.

To make a comparison to the men's game, thats how it used to be with Duke and the NBA. The critics said that Duke didn't have any star NBA players, but had a ton of All-Americans, POY's, and final 4 appearances,

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
To make a comparison to the men's game, thats how it used to be with Duke and the NBA. The critics said that Duke didn't have any star NBA players, but had a ton of All-Americans, POY's, and final 4 appearances,
Exactly, and to me that's more of a tribute to Coach K than a detraction. And I am NOT one to spare praise for him generously.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

I miss those days of Duke basketball. Was awesome to see players come back year after year and improve and play great team basketball. I don't love the one and done era where you barely get to know the players and it's a completely new roster every season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I miss those days of Duke basketball. Was awesome to see players come back year after year and improve and play great team basketball. I don't love the one and done era where you barely get to know the players and it's a completely new roster every season.

Me too. The one and done era is partly why I'm more passionate about Duke WBB than MBB (at least until the NCAA's). Even beyond Duke, I watch way more WCBB then the men. Imma start to sound like a grumpy old man longing for the good ol days... lemme stop.

Reaction Score
The main problem I have with LSU and some other colleges is their use of NIL to pay recruits under the table as what in the past was known as illegal recruiting!
NIL was set up for businesses such as, Gatorade, Nike, etc. hiring athletes to promote their products!
But LSU has BOOSTERS putting $ in funds to get players to transfer to LSU etc!
When Von Lith & Morrow were looking at LSU the articles mentioned $ they could get if they signed on!
It is used in recruitment as, come to LSU and we'll guarantee X number of dollars!
Geno isn't going to be talking to recruits about coming to UCONN for the NIL $!
That aspect of NIL has to be regulated which congress and the NCAA are now discussing!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
But LSU has BOOSTERS putting $ in funds to get players to transfer to LSU etc!
Maybe not so much in wbb, but for football I think pretty much everybody is doing this now. At least any schools that have the $ to do it. NIL has been abused even worse than I thought it would when it first came to be.

sun

Reaction Score
She got hurt in training camp not before she left UConn
The elbow injury didn’t cause her to miss time in the Wnba
So can you give me example when they needed surgery besides Lou before wnba
I believe that the wear & tear happened at UConn.
She lifted weights like a maniac.
The main difference is that most UConn players need surgery before they even leave school.
It's just par for the course.

Reaction Score
I believe that the wear & tear happened at UConn.
She lifted weights like a maniac.
The main difference is that most UConn players need surgery before they even leave school.
It's just par for the course.
Sorry you are changing your text to make it work for your for your argument not buying it
What you believe and the facts are not always the same

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom