Who Were The Refs?? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Who Were The Refs??

Reaction Score
You insist it happened and clearly believe it happened - but on a site full of UConn fanatics who take offence at the smallest slight against the Huskies not a single other poster remembers the incident, has provided video proof, or come up with a single mention in the press of what would be a pretty serious transgression.

Methinks you misremember.
If I had tape the entire BE tourney from last year, I'd find it. This isn't a case of bad memory either since I clearly described the same thing on this board in March.

Reaction Score
This could be solved very quickly, even by the person making the claim. Take a few hours and go through the games in question, upstarter. Point us to where it happened.
The BET, it was pregame

Reaction Score
years ago, I mentioned to my father-in-law who knew Jim Burr in Albany that he was always screwing UConn. My father-in-law told Jim who replied "tell him I call the games the same for everyone"
I don’t know. Monday was personal. I didn’t think they called it right, I think they called every piece of contact in second half, even if it wasn’t a foul.

29 free throws in a half is a remarkable number. 18 fouls is impossible.

It really seems like they made an effort to really bait UConn there, for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
That would be you. One page ago. .
I said it was said on live TV. Not a live interview with the ref. It was said by a reporter on live TV. This goes back to my very first post on this where I said the reporter said it.

There's a different between a live interview, an off camera interview, and a report.

These are 3 different things.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Players should ALWAYS play with shirts TUCKED IN. The class thing to do ,the rule and not be reminded. They are unnecessarily baiting the refs if shirts are out.
Love Tristan , your the star, be a roll model.
“Roll model”, heh. Club or kaiser?

Reaction Score
I said it was said on live TV. Not a live interview with the ref. It was said by a reporter on live TV. This goes back to my very first post on this where I said the reporter said it.

There's a different between a live interview, an off camera interview, and a report.

These are 3 different things.
Oh OK, so you don't actually have any idea if it was off the record, that's just something you're saying.

Reaction Score
Oh OK, so you don't actually have any idea if it was off the record, that's just something you're saying.
You can't seriously be this obtuse.

I've been clear throughout this. They didn't name the refs. They reported a conversation they had just prior to the live mention of it, and it was on the pre-game broadcast.

I just looked this up. The pre-game was always a half hour show, 2:30 for a 3pm game, and the pre-game reporters were the following: Rob Stone alongside a pair of NBA alumni and college hoops standouts, Casey Jacobsen and Donny Marshall

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Players should ALWAYS play with shirts TUCKED IN. The class thing to do ,the rule and not be reminded. They are unnecessarily baiting the refs if shirts are out.
Love Tristan , your the star, be a roll model.
Who gives a crap whether or not a jersey is tucked? Stupidest thing they get on kids about. Totally meaningless.

Reaction Score
You can't seriously be this obtuse.

I've been clear throughout this. They didn't name the refs. They reported a conversation they had just prior to the live mention of it, and it was on the pre-game broadcast.

I just looked this up. The pre-game was always a half hour show, 2:30 for a 3pm game, and the pre-game reporters were the following: Rob Stone alongside a pair of NBA alumni and college hoops standouts, Casey Jacobsen and Donny Marshall
Sure, a reporter explictily said on national TV that refs were out to screw UConn and no one wrote any articles about it. Then that same UConn team won the NCAA tournament in dominating fashion and still no one wrote any articles about it. I'm the one who's obtuse.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
A few things-- UConn does not win 5 titles if there is any refereeing bias against the team. This woe is us, the refs are evil and want to screw UConn is a load of BS.
Are there games where the foul disparity looks suspicious? Of course. Does it only happen to UConn? No.
Refs are required to make sure uniforms are worn properly which includes telling players to tuck their shirts in. Does anyone think the refs enjoy that part of the job?
I'm a huge fan of Dan Hurley but I can understand that there may be games where he gets under a refs skin. Purposely.
Go out and ref a game and come back to tell the Yard how easy it is.
Or continue whining.

Reaction Score
Sure, a reporter explictily said on national TV that refs were out to screw UConn and no one wrote any articles about it. Then that same UConn team won the NCAA tournament in dominating fashion and still no one wrote any articles about it. I'm the one who's obtuse.
Yes, since you don't understand the difference between a live interview, an off camera interview, and a report

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A few things-- UConn does not win 5 titles if there is any refereeing bias against the team. This woe is us, the refs are evil and want to screw UConn is a load of BS.
Are there games where the foul disparity looks suspicious? Of course. Does it only happen to UConn? No.
Refs are required to make sure uniforms are worn properly which includes telling players to tuck their shirts in. Does anyone think the refs enjoy that part of the job?
I'm a huge fan of Dan Hurley but I can understand that there may be games where he gets under a refs skin. Purposely.
Or continue whining.
I guess you missed the UNH game.

Reaction Score
Turn on any college basketball game and you'll see that 99% of refs don't care. You don't even have to turn on any game, just watch UConn games from last year and Jordan Hawkins and Tristen Newton played every game with an untucked jersey

Reaction Score
Or continue whining.
When I talk about BE reffing, I don't refer to individual refs or games, but HOW the games are called in the BE. When the biggest stars are neutralized with fouls that aren't called but otherwise would be by refs from other conferences, that makes a big difference.

Let me throw one stat at you. The last 2 times that UConn has won the national championship coming out of the BE, they went a combined 37-0 outside the BE regular season and 22-16 inside.

This is huge disparity that is not easily explained.

Reaction Score
Yes, since you don't understand the difference between a live interview, an off camera interview, and a report
I think I do. A reporter met with a ref off camera who told the reporter the refs are going to screw Uconn. You claim this was off the record, but of course you don't actually know. The reporter then went on live TV and and said they were told by a ref that the refs were going to screw Uconn. Isn't that what you're saying?

Of course the real takeaway is based upon the most basic level of logic it's obvious none of this actually happened, and it's just your brain processing information extremely poorly.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Could it be you are remembering a mention of Goodman's tweet? I seem to recall that being mentioned during a broadcast. /shrugs

Refs always suck and are biased against your team ;) I'd point out that UNH was called for 20 fouls and UConn? 21.

Reaction Score
I think I do. A reporter met with a ref off camera who told the reporter the refs are going to screw Uconn. You claim this was off the record, but of course you don't actually know. The reporter then went on live TV and and said they were told by a ref that the refs were going to screw Uconn. Isn't that what you're saying?

Of course the real takeaway is based upon the most basic level of logic it's obvious none of this actually happened, and it's just your brain processing information extremely poorly.
It's unattributed. If it was on the record, he would have said who it was. Do I believe a ref would say such a thing? Yes, of course he would. I have no doubts these guys hold grudges and are out to get Hurley. 100%

Reaction Score
That's as clear as day, it's bizarre he's spent a few days arguing about something that never even happened.

Reaction Score
It happened. This is why I posted about it in March.
And you don't find it a little odd or suspicious that not a single other person on Twitter, the Boneyard, any internet site, any national reporter, any UConn coach/player has made a single mention of it? Nothing seems weird about that? We have dozens of pages and threads on who Joey Basketballface from South NoName HS followed on Instagram but not a single other person was interested in a massive conspiracy against our favorite team?

Reaction Score
And you don't find it a little odd or suspicious that not a single other person on Twitter, the Boneyard, any internet site, any national reporter, any UConn coach/player has made a single mention of it? Nothing seems weird about that? We have dozens of pages and threads on who Joey Basketballface from South NoName HS followed on Instagram but not a single other person was interested in a massive conspiracy against our favorite team?
It was mentioned here on this board. Do I find it odd that there was no national news on it? No. There's a lot of stuff like this in all sports that doesn't get covered. Hardly anyone cared to write anything up when the NCAA banned the 2013 team. It ws mentioned on shows but quickly brushed over. You can see the same stuff with events that preceded spygate. No one takes an interest in it until someone somewhere else sends the FBI in. So I'm not surprised at all. But I know I wasn't the only one on this board discussing this in March. I also didn't say it was a massive conspiracy. I said it was a Fox reporter's unattributed conversation with one ref.

Reaction Score
It was mentioned here on this board. Do I find it odd that there was no national news on it? No. There's a lot of stuff like this in all sports that doesn't get covered. Hardly anyone cared to write anything up when the NCAA banned the 2013 team. It ws mentioned on shows but quickly brushed over. You can see the same stuff with events that preceded spygate. No one takes an interest in it until someone somewhere else sends the FBI in. So I'm not surprised at all. But I know I wasn't the only one on this board discussing this in March. I also didn't say it was a massive conspiracy. I said it was a Fox reporter's unattributed conversation with one ref.
Where was it discussed here? Nobody except for you mentioned it. Unless you're talking about the Jeff Goodman comment which is an entirely different comment and not at all what you're describing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom