Who Were The Refs?? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who Were The Refs??

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Coaches opinions of O’Connell from a 2021 Athletic article regarding the best and worst college referees. Look at the fourth quote...
I'm not buying any of it. He has sucked for years. I remember when I first noticed him. I figured crappier refs came with being it the AAC.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I'm not buying any of it. He has sucked for years. I remember when I first noticed him. I figured crappier refs came with being it the AAC.
I just assumed the issue was with O’Connell since there has always been an issue with him and not only DH but UConn in general. Not sure who Kipp Kissinger is but here’s to hoping this is not DH’s first run in with him. Love coach but the last thing we need is to get on another refs do do list.

Reaction Score
I think it was intentional, like wanted to bait Hurley. Just had a weird flow. I don’t know what they were doing but they were sending a message to Hurley it seems. It was a wild second half.

My dad used to love conspiracies. But 18 second half fouls and 29 free throws? That would insure that UConn didn’t cover .
You would think in a game that was headed towards or already was a blowout they'd ease up on the foul calls but it was quite the opposite and they barely called anything in the first half. Made for a terrible watch in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Did you guys notice the one ref that kept harassing Newton about tucking in his jersey. I thought he was going to get a tech

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Did you guys notice the one ref that kept harassing Newton about tucking in his jersey. I thought he was going to get a tech
Yes they were on all the UConn players, Ball a few times and SJ at least one time. If you go back and watch the game it’s like the refs had a meeting and decided we are going to call the second half completely different. Actually when you watch it again it just seems bizarre. It really makes me say hmmmm….why…..such a difference.

Reaction Score
For the record, all 3 of O'Connell, Chiazza, and Kissinger are considered top 40 refs by the NCAA. They all worked the Sweet 16 this past season. Kissinger even worked the Final Four, so he's considered a top 20 ref (and he worked the Elite 8 the year before and has a couple other E8/F4s in the past). O'Connell has worked the Sweet 16 3/4 past tournaments, but has not worked the E8/F4 in that timeframe. Chiazza didn't get out of the round of 32 until this last season (at least in the years I looked).

Reaction Score
Was not said on the record. The refs weren't named. The whole crew was like, WTF!?!?! It was said then immediately dropped. They specifically never mentioned the ref.

I don't think you know what "on the record" means.

Reaction Score
I don't think you know what "on the record" means.
Oh, but I do. You think it would have been the first time something was said on live TV that wasn't meant for public consumption?

Reaction Score
Oh, but I do. You think it would have been the first time something was said on live TV that wasn't meant for public consumption?

It is, quite literally, "on the record" when you say something on live tv. You said it wasn't on the record.

I hope this a troll because you're concerning me.

Reaction Score

I can't believe this is still going but do you really believe this wouldn't have been a national sports story if a ref told a sideline reporter during the NCAA tournament that he was out to screw a particular team? Or is the national sports media all complicit in this vast anti-UConn conspiracy and they all agreed to keep it quiet because they hate UConn?

Reaction Score
It is, quite literally, "on the record" when you say something on live tv. You said it wasn't on the record.

I hope this a troll because you're concerning me.

Sigh. No.

When you're interviewing someone, they know they are giving info to a reporter who may indeed report what's been said. When you go "off the record," you're asking that the reporter not use the information.

Reaction Score
I can't believe this is still going but do you really believe this wouldn't have been a national sports story if a ref told a sideline reporter during the NCAA tournament that he was out to screw a particular team? Or is the national sports media all complicit in this vast anti-UConn conspiracy and they all agreed to keep it quiet because they hate UConn?
It happened. I don't know why it wasn't a national story. I wasn't the only here that heard it. It wasn't the NCAAT though since I even noted it in a post from March where I said it was the Fox pre-game people. BTW, if I heard it, they didn't keep it quiet!

Reaction Score
Sigh. No.

When you're interviewing someone, they know they are giving info to a reporter who may indeed report what's been said. When you go "off the record," you're asking that the reporter not use the information.

That doesn't really apply to a LIVE INTERVIEW, does it?

Reaction Score
Players should ALWAYS play with shirts TUCKED IN. The class thing to do ,the rule and not be reminded. They are unnecessarily baiting the refs if shirts are out.
Love Tristan , your the star, be a roll model.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
It happened. I don't know why it wasn't a national story. I wasn't the only here that heard it. It wasn't the NCAAT though since I even noted it in a post from March where I said it was the Fox pre-game people. BTW, if I heard it, they didn't keep it quiet!
You insist it happened and clearly believe it happened - but on a site full of UConn fanatics who take offence at the smallest slight against the Huskies not a single other poster remembers the incident, has provided video proof, or come up with a single mention in the press of what would be a pretty serious transgression.

Methinks you misremember.

Reaction Score
And same ref didn’t say a word to Singare, whose shirt was completely out. Wondering if DH paid those refs to tweak the guys and get them ready to face Kansas.

Reaction Score
The only reference I can find to it is this, which is also from upstater. Definitely just a fever dream
To me, it says that @upstater misremembered it as something during the Tournament. That seemed off, but I knew what he was referring to.
Fox doesn't do the NCAA tournament, so he's confused in his own fever dream comments.
Maybe his own personal mandela effect

Reaction Score
Which game? We have the replays
This could be solved very quickly, even by the person making the claim. Take a few hours and go through the games in question, upstarter. Point us to where it happened.

Reaction Score
years ago, I mentioned to my father-in-law who knew Jim Burr in Albany that he was always screwing UConn. My father-in-law told Jim who replied "tell him I call the games the same for everyone"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom