WHO STARTS? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WHO STARTS?

Reaction Score
Ill be interested to see how UConn alters their lineup when they play UC.
UC will have a 6'1 PG, 6'5 SG, 6'6 SF, 6'8 PF and 6'9 PF all of which can shoot and stretch the floor.

For scoring, UConn's best lineup will have to include larrier, gilbert, adams and vital but man, it creates some odd matchups. I guess you would have Gilbert guard Cane Broome, Vital guard Cumberland, Adams guard Evans and then put Larrier on Gary Clark and Diarra/Carlton on Washington.

I think Larrier would do a better job on Clark than Brimah did.

However the issue with starting Vital is: Who will score for them from the bench? They may need to just run out a 2 big lineup to spread some scoring wealth to the bench

I think Anderson, Polley, and Carlton can give us 20 PPG.

Reaction Score
We had some success in 2015-16 using this line-up:

1 - Adams
2 - Gibbs
3 - Purvis
4 - Dham
5 - Miller

In terms of size, a 3-guard line-up next year with Larrier at the 4 and Diarra at the 5 would not be much smaller. Obviously, Dham is a better rebounder at the 4 than Larrier will probably ever be, but I think Diarra and Vital's effort on the glass could potentially make up for that.

Reaction Score
One thing is certain.. We better be able to get better movement and knock down open shots in crunch time in half court sets... and CRASH THE BOARDS.... CRASH THE BOARDS!!!!!

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how it plays out. You would think the 3 guard line up would be a front runner but can you rebound the ball in order to make that work? I am sure KO would prefer to have one of the 4's and 5's step up and be able to score the ball a little so you can go bigger, but it's tough to play bigger if you go back on offense and play 3 on 5 basketball. You limit the space for the 3 guards to penetrate and make plays if the bigs aren't able to put it in the hole. No doubt we have playmakers with all 4 guards so if they get to the lane and get doubled people have to be able to finish off the ball.

Would be nice to add the Italian kid for his perimeter game and depth, but another big or swing would be even better. I do like that Gilbert was averaging 4.5 boards a game before he was hurt as we know he sticks his nose in there, with 3 guards a must. Not sure how it will play out, still an addition or 2 potentially could change it again?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom