WHO STARTS? | The Boneyard

WHO STARTS?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Based on the ten guys we have as of now. Who do you have starting at the 1-5 spots?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Based on the ten guys we have as of now. Who do you have starting at the 1-5 spots?
lol this will get interesting quickly. whoever is healthy

but as of now adams, gilbert, vital, larrier, cobb

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
1.Ag/Ja
2.ja/Ag/Cv
3.larrier
4.Mo
5.cobb* not sold on him starting

pj

Reaction Score
Gilbert Adams Vital Larrier Diarra is the small lineup. Anderson, Polley, Cobb first off the bench.

When we go big, Larrier at the 3, Diarra 4 and Cobb 5. Anderson backs up 1, Vital backs up both 2 and 3. Polley backs up 4 and Diarra and Carlton back up 5.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I like that line up. Wouldn't mind another guard for depth besides Anderson
Alterique Gilbert
Jalen Adams
Christian Vital
Terry Larrier
Mamadou Diarra
Alterique Gilbert
Jalen Adams
Christian Vital
Terry Larrier
Mamadou Diarra

Reaction Score
It's gotta be Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Larrier, Diarra, and hope that Diarra is Kenneth Faried or Montrezl Harrell reincarnated.

Reaction Score
I like that line up. Wouldn't mind another guard for depth besides Anderson

If we get the Italian guard or someone else I would be okay with the lineup. Id be worried about depth without another guard too

Reaction Score
It's gotta be Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Larrier, Diarra, and hope that Diarra is Kenneth Faried or Montrezl Harrell reincarnated.

I highly, highly doubt this is the opening starting lineup but if the team is healthy, it should be the crunch time lineup. I don't think we will start Larrier @ the 4, likely moving Vital to the bench and one of the unknown bigs into the starting lineup.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Really think Diarra is gonna surprise. This is the best I've felt about the team since all the departures. They need to keep releasing workout videos.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite as well. No way Diarra is big enough to see time at the five right off the bat.
I like the lineup but who is going to rebound and guard a strong 4-5? Asking a lot of Carlton.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I like the lineup but who is going to rebound and guard a strong 4-5? Asking a lot of Carlton.

I think that Carlton and Cobb are almost certainly going to have to share the 5 spot, especially early in the season as Carlton acclimates himself to college ball. As the season gets deeper, hopefully both grow more comfortable with the team and the system. I think Carlton has a heck of a lot of upside...

pj

Reaction Score
The coaches haven't even seen Carlton, Diarra, Cobb, Whaley, or Polley practice. How would we know who will start between them?

Diarra combines athleticism with experience (under KO, with the other starters) and a strong motor/work ethic, so he starts, either at the 4 or 5 depending on the matchups. Cobb is the only one heavier than about 220 pounds, so when we need size he starts. The 3 freshman all have talent but they're not highly rated and have a lot of work to do, so it's not likely they'll start this year.

Reaction Score
Diarra is built pretty well for someone of his height, plus has an incredible wingspan. I think he'll hold his own.

Yeah he has the build and the heart. Depends on his IQ and how that knee holds up. Forget about scoring, give me PR defense and 7 rebounds a game and I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
AG
Ja
Larrier
MD
Carlton

Cv with 25 or minutes as a sixth man. Larrier playing the 4 then. That will be our best lineup

No way. You'd be hamstringing yourself right off the bat on offense, and slow starts are already a problem under KO.

You've gotta have your best 4 players on the floor:
Adams
Gilbert
Vital
Larrier

And for the 5th spot, it's whoever is best out of Carlton, Cobb, and Diarra.

Vital can credibly guard college 3's, and Larrier can credibly guard college 4's. Ideally one or both of them can create matchup problems on the other end. It would be nice to be on that side for a change.

Reaction Score
No way. You'd be hamstringing yourself right off the bat on offense, and slow starts are already a problem under KO.

You've gotta have your best 4 players on the floor:
Adams
Gilbert
Vital
Larrier

And for the 5th spot, it's whoever is best out of Carlton, Cobb, and Diarra.

Vital can credibly guard college 3's, and Larrier can credibly guard college 4's. Ideally one or both of them can create matchup problems on the other end. It would be nice to be on that side for a change.

I can't imagine Larrier playing 4 very well against good teams. Aac sure, but idk. I guess we'll find out in November:)

Reaction Score
I can't imagine Larrier playing 4 very well against good teams. Aac sure, but idk. I guess we'll find out in November:)

You mean the 4 spot typically manned by LeBron and Durant prototypes, guys who can shoot 3's and take somebody off the dribble? Guys like Larrier?

Charles Oakley and Kevin McHale are not walking through that door.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom