Who makes USA Roster for FIBA World Cup? (Sept. 22-Oct. 1) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Who makes USA Roster for FIBA World Cup? (Sept. 22-Oct. 1)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I saw Plum and Gray have arrived. Not sure about Wilson yet.
After how the US looks against PR, might give them some more rest. Although CN should be a very different animal with size at least. Wonder how Han Xu will do?

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Wilson has also arrived. Will be interesting if they are suited up for China. The rest of the team has looked really good on defense.

Reaction Score
Wilson has also arrived. Will be interesting if they are suited up for China. The rest of the team has looked really good on defense.
I personally hope not. Even without the parade, the time change and jet lag alone would be nasty. I remember what it feels like flying to England and the time difference isn't as significant.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I personally hope not. Even without the parade, the time change and jet lag alone would be nasty. I remember what it feels like flying to England and the time difference isn't as significant.

The USA will receive some reinforcements for the game on Saturday. The final three players on the roster, Kelsey Plum, Chelsea Gray and A’ja Wilson will be ready to take the hardcourt after being crowned WNBA champions with the Las Vegas Aces; a perfect time to arrive according to Reeve.

“We’ll get some time in the morning before we play against a really good China team tomorrow so the depth will be helpful,” Reeve said.

Reaction Score

The USA will receive some reinforcements for the game on Saturday. The final three players on the roster, Kelsey Plum, Chelsea Gray and A’ja Wilson will be ready to take the hardcourt after being crowned WNBA champions with the Las Vegas Aces; a perfect time to arrive according to Reeve.

“We’ll get some time in the morning before we play against a really good China team tomorrow so the depth will be helpful,” Reeve said.
Damn...................I know I was a wreck for days and I was a teen at the time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Damn...................I know I was a wreck for days and I was a teen at the time.
I agree based on what I saw from Jonquel Jones in her first game. Game 2, she was better.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it is the standard format for such articles but the table in this NCAA article on the current World Cup squad by including their tournament record and titles is stark.

1664061455768.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The team looks surprisingly good. They have changed their emphasis. It's now pressure defense and attacking the rim. I think many of the 12 could be on the 2024 Olympic team. I'd say that Sabrina and Betnijah have been the weakest performers, but they haven't been bad. I think, in 2024, Pheesa, Paige, and Aliyah Boston could well be on the team.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The team looks surprisingly good. They have changed their emphasis. It's now pressure defense and attacking the rim. I think many of the 12 could be on the 2024 Olympic team. I'd say that Sabrina and Betnijah have been the weakest performers, but they haven't been bad. I think, in 2024, Pheesa, Paige, and Aliyah Boston could well be on the team.
I was just getting ready to post that I think Cheryl Reeve has done a very good job orienting this team toward a style that is effective given their high talent level but nearly nonexistent practice time.

It's an extremely different look than what we're used to seeing from Reeve through the Lynx. And it needed to be.

Reaction Score
I was just getting ready to post that I think Cheryl Reeve has done a very good job orienting this team toward a style that is effective given their high talent level but nearly nonexistent practice time.

It's an extremely different look than what we're used to seeing from Reeve through the Lynx. And it needed to be.
AT has surprised me the most. If she remains healthy I absolutely believe she should start on the Olympic team alongside Stewie and A’ja. They all compliment each other so well. Gray is cementing herself as the nominal point guard pick, now the shooting guard spot is completely up for grabs.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
AT has surprised me the most. If she remains healthy I absolutely believe she should start on the Olympic team alongside Stewie and A’ja. They all compliment each other so well. Gray is cementing herself as the nominal point guard pick, now the shooting guard spot is completely up for grabs.
At this point, who else would start ahead of her? She has my vote for tournament MVP so far, and I'm probably not the only one.

Reaction Score
Eh, I really like Phee but she hasn't proven herself on the world stage yet like AT has in this tournament. Sure she was a part of the Olympic team but she didn't contribute much to be guaranteed a spot over someone like AT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Eh, I really like Phee but she hasn't proven herself on the world stage yet like AT has in this tournament. Sure she was a part of the Olympic team but she didn't contribute much to be guaranteed a spot over someone like AT.
May not be the popular opinion here but i agree. AT is ahead of Pheesa right now if i had to choose one spot with those 2 players left. Maybe last season it would have been Pheesa but AT's overall improvement this season is something Pheesa has not accomplished yet at least on the defensive end.

Reaction Score
Is tomorrow tonight at midnight our time in america >? Or friday night at midnight aka Saturday lol ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom