Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
UConn Football (@UConnFootball)
1/9/17, 8:58 AM
Excited to welcome & introduce 4 members of the coaching staff, Terry Richardson, Jon Wholley, Corey Edsall & Ryan Steinberg. (1/5)

Does the "(1/5)" mean there will be 4 more messages about coaches coming?

Also...HM..should we start a new thread with the actual staff instead of adding it to a thread with 18 pages of speculation?

Reaction Score
A comment from Kyle Muncy within Aman's tweet notes this is the only coaching announcement being made today.

I find it strange that it is taking so long to announce the OC and DC. I know they changed the closing dates but one would think these would be in place and announced already.

Reaction Score
I find it strange that it is taking so long to announce the OC and DC. I know they changed the closing dates but one would think these would be in place and announced already.
They may be already agreed to..and still coaching somewhere. Which leads me to believe they are in the NFL right now.

Reaction Score
I'm still hoping we're looking at the JMU OC for that position here, and it's just taking longer because he didn't have a prior relationship with Edsall and they were both still working until this weekend.
or... just maybe we're waiting for the Nat'l Championship to end and there's somebody on one of those coaching staffs that could be in play... the suspense is killing me...

Reaction Score
Both OC/DC openings close today. Interestingly enough the Asst positions closed on 1/5. S&C closes 1/12

Reaction Score
I'm still hoping we're looking at the JMU OC for that position here, and it's just taking longer because he didn't have a prior relationship with Edsall and they were both still working until this weekend.

Aside from Kirkpatricks resume and the impressive offensive production, what impresses me most is that with Kirkpatrick's offense, JMU won the FCS National Championship and he was hired by JMU in Jan. 2016! That tells me he knows how to properly utilize talent. We need an Offensive coordinator who can hit the ground running!

Reaction Score
Both OC/DC openings close today. Interestingly enough the Asst positions closed on 1/5. S&C closes 1/12

Forgot that. I'm hopeful that these will be filled by tomorrow. I'm fine if the DC is someone with prior ties to UConn and/or Edsall. For OC, my preference would be to hire totally from the outside, but we'll have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
They may be already agreed to..and still coaching somewhere. Which leads me to believe they are in the NFL right now.

But NFL coaches aren't worried about players being upset, like in college, so having it announced is no big deal. It also would have to be an NFL coach who has had OC or DC at the NFL or FBS college level. No OC or DC, currently in those positions are coming, so I'm not sure the new guys, not yet announced, are from the NFL.

If it were a coach on a team that makes it to the Super Bowl, I mean c'mon, we can't wait that long.

Still holding on to the dream Dan O is ready to start his coaching career. He's set financially to take a pay cut, so there would be no better place to start than at UConn coaching the QB's, something we need desperately need.

Reaction Score
But NFL coaches aren't worried about players being upset, like in college, so having it announced is no big deal. It also would have to be an NFL coach who has had OC or DC at the NFL or FBS college level. No OC or DC, currently in those positions are coming, so I'm not sure the new guys, not yet announced, are from the NFL.

If it were a coach on a team that makes it to the Super Bowl, I mean c'mon, we can't wait that long.

Still holding on to the dream Dan O is ready to start his coaching career. He's set financially to take a pay cut, so there would be no better place to start than at UConn coaching the QB's, something we need desperately need.

I think we will always be ready to find a spot for Dan O within a year or two when he wants it. If he can keep earning what he's earning for another 1-3 years for just sitting on the bench and being ready in an emergency, and helping younger QBs as a leader, he'd be nuts not to keep taking the money. And I don't think he's nuts.

Just my opinion.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I would be rather surprised if the coordinators aren't announced tomorrow. Since some of the position coaches have been announced, you'd think the OC and DC would probably be asked for input on those position coaches.

Reaction Score
I would be rather surprised if the coordinators aren't announced tomorrow. Since some of the position coaches have been announced, you'd think the OC and DC would probably be asked for input on those position coaches.
Matt, good thought but since everything is being on hush hush basis, I would tend to think that the coaches already disclosed were or have been in contact with the OC/DC selections and it will all come out in due time.

Reaction Score
Coordinators will be announced no later than the 11th. His coaching staff (positions/coordinators) will be fully signed up and on board before the recruiting contact period begins on the 12th.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He used the hashtag #moreleftinthebank on Instagram recently, so I take that to mean he's not starting his coaching career in 2017.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Matt, good thought but since everything is being on hush hush basis, I would tend to think that the coaches already disclosed were or have been in contact with the OC/DC selections and it will all come out in due time.

You and I agree, then. I'm sure the OC and DC know who they are and have been in contact with the newly hired position coaches. We can quibble on when the names of the coordinators will be revealed, but, like Samcro said, they'll be announced within the next two days so we can head into the recruiting period (one would imagine).

Reaction Score
You and I agree, then. I'm sure the OC and DC know who they are and have been in contact with the newly hired position coaches. When the names of the coordinators have been revealed, we can quibble on, but, like Samcro said, they'll be announced within the next two days so we can head into the recruiting period.

Everyone keeps pointing to Jan 12th as the recruiting period. That is when coaches can do face to face meetings. Right now they can and should be burning up the phones.

I'm starting to get uncomfortable with this delay. It can only lead to an underwhelming hire as the longer it goes the more anticipation there is.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps pointing to Jan 12th as the recruiting period. That is when coaches can do face to face meetings. Right now they can and should be burning up the phones.

I'm starting to get uncomfortable with this delay. It can only lead to an underwhelming hire as the longer it goes the more anticipation there is.

Indeed. But considering recruits are starting to follow some of our suspected coaches on Twitter, I believe the recruits have already heard from the new coaches.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Randy has his OC and DC- I am sure of it. No one gets hired on a Wednesday and is up to speed on Thursday. The up to speed takes place last week and this week and they hit the road running on the 12th. I like the delay in announcing the staff. We as the public get a little suspense. And the Boneyard gets tweeked in the process!!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom