Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please no. Locksley is an overrated recruiter and a below average coach

I get your opinion but I was simply speculating on OC position and why it wasn't announced yet.

But just to counter point that opinion I leave you this link.

Ace Recruiter Mike Locksley Joins Alabama Staff

So all personal feelings aside, if he's thought of well enough to be added as an asset to 'Bama, I think he might have something to offer us; just saying.

I'm at a toss up, Locksley, Briener, Kirkpatrick and who it will probably be, the unnamed mystery man.

Reaction Score
Seeing that Foley is available and getting away from UMass would probably be best for him, the longer this goes, the less hope I have for him. On the other hand, I don't know how Randy could pass on him. So there you go...I hope, but have no clue.

The OC and OL coaches are the key to this whole deal. Do it right Randy, as you only get 2 shots to get it right and you've already used one. :)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Locksley joined the Florida staff last week.

Reaction Score
Tyler Bowen (Fordham OC) now following all of our commits on twitter. Safe to say he's on board in some capacity.

Reaction Score
Locksley joined the Florida staff last week.

Not finalized yet but more likely after tonight...

>>Mike Locksley, Alabama offensive analyst: A week ago, FootballScoop.com reported that Locksley had agreed to join the Gators in an unspecified role on offense, but reports from other outlets soon followed that the initial report was premature. However, the reason it’s been quiet in Gainesville on the front of Florida filling its lone staff vacancy could be that it may be waiting for Alabama to complete its season, with the Crimson Tide set to face Clemson on Monday night in the CFP championship game. In the 47-year-old Locksley, Florida would be adding a bonafide recruiter and experienced offensive coach.<<

Reaction Score
Tyler Bowen (Fordham OC) now following all of our commits on twitter. Safe to say he's on board in some capacity.

Noticed the 3 OL right off the bat (Hubbard, Tunstall and Van Demark).

Like his twitter bio: "Offensive Coordinator/OL Coach at Fordham University - Recruit DMV, Central PA, & playmakers everywhere!"

Reaction Score
Like his twitter bio: "Offensive Coordinator/OL Coach at Fordham University - Recruit DMV, Central PA, & playmakers everywhere!"
Bowen may not have focused on Georgia, but his contacts from his pre Fridgen/Edsall, Peach State background (high school all state) may not hurt for recruiting.

Reaction Score
Noticed the 3 OL right off the bat (Hubbard, Tunstall and Van Demark).

Definitely not the OC but could be the OL coach.

Reaction Score

Andrew Breiner (Fordham HC) also follows them. My best guess is that this is more due to overlap in recruiting. Breiner does have UConn ties though and also follows Corey and Randy Edsall.

Reaction Score
Andrew Breiner (Fordham HC) also follows them. My best guess is that this is more due to overlap in recruiting. Breiner does have UConn ties though and also follows Corey and Randy Edsall.

If Breiner comes on board, too, I feel awful for Fordham. Good luck with that staff rebuild

Reaction Score
If Breiner comes on board, too, I feel awful for Fordham. Good luck with that staff rebuild

We could also in turn be screwed when Moorhead finally gets his next HC gig. High concentration of Fordham/Moorhead guys. Even if they are Edsall loyalist I bet Moorhead lands at an attractive P5 job in 2018.

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps pointing to Jan 12th as the recruiting period. That is when coaches can do face to face meetings. Right now they can and should be burning up the phones.

I'm starting to get uncomfortable with this delay. It can only lead to an underwhelming hire as the longer it goes the more anticipation there is.

LET US BE UPFRONT ...

Randy Edsall knows Mike Foley upwards and down. Surely he has formed very positive feeling for that man; however, he did not take him to Maryland. And then ... he had turnover as the former Pitt coach Gattuso went to HC at UAlbany and Edsall brought along a different Line guy.

This guy Bowen certainly had exposure to both Edsall and then to Wholley. Job - I think - is already set.

Reaction Score
Seeing that Foley is available and getting away from UMass would probably be best for him, the longer this goes, the less hope I have for him. On the other hand, I don't know how Randy could pass on him. So there you go...I hope, but have no clue.

The OC and OL coaches are the key to this whole deal. Do it right Randy, as you only get 2 shots to get it right and you've already used one. :)

I was also surprised that Foley wasn't in the first group, and given how easy I would have thought it would be to get him back from UMass I do wonder if that means he's not coming over. Which would be disappointing. I always thought that as position coaches go he and Richardson were the gems of our teachers.

That having been said, we don't have an OL coach yet so it could be as simple as ongoing negotiations about salary. But I'm guessing Pudge is right.

Reaction Score
Greg Gattuso was actually the Defensive Line Coach.

Edsall kept Tom Brattan on as offensive line coach at Maryland. He retired and Edsall hired Dave DeGuglielmo (for 6 days) before he left for the New England Patriots. After that Edsall hired Greg Studrawa who now is with Ohio State.

Reaction Score
I get your opinion but I was simply speculating on OC position and why it wasn't announced yet.

But just to counter point that opinion I leave you this link.

Ace Recruiter Mike Locksley Joins Alabama Staff

So all personal feelings aside, if he's thought of well enough to be added as an asset to 'Bama, I think he might have something to offer us; just saying.

I'm at a toss up, Locksley, Briener, Kirkpatrick and who it will probably be, the unnamed mystery man.

TJ

Reaction Score
Rumblings/whispers... nothing concrete at all.

Like the historical recruiting area focus if it indeed comes true:

• Primary: Maryland, Illinois, (Chicago), Indiana (Indianapolis) and Virginia
• Secondary: Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, West Virginia and Wisconsin

I hope he does come in as the D-Line coach, he has an amazing track record in producing really good players in that group. It also helps that Army was 4th in the country in Defense according to NCAA and 3rd according to ESPN.

Reaction Score
I hope we land Coach Drew Wilson as our Head S&C coach. Would make perfect sense, almost too perfect.

Helped Colorado this year and came from the University of Maryland, where he spent the last five years as the Terrapins' director of strength and conditioning, overseeing all aspects of training and development of the football team, which was coached by Randy Edsall.

Prior to his time at Maryland, he had been at the University of Connecticut for five years (2006-10) with Edsall, working primarily with the Huskies' football program as the assistant strength and conditioning coach. UConn was invited to a bowl each of his last four seasons there.

Reaction Score
I hope we land Coach Drew Wilson as our Head S&C coach. Would make perfect sense, almost too perfect.

Helped Colorado this year and came from the University of Maryland, where he spent the last five years as the Terrapins' director of strength and conditioning, overseeing all aspects of training and development of the football team, which was coached by Randy Edsall.

Prior to his time at Maryland, he had been at the University of Connecticut for five years (2006-10) with Edsall, working primarily with the Huskies' football program as the assistant strength and conditioning coach. UConn was invited to a bowl each of his last four seasons there.

Discussed a few pages back - seems/speculating he might have been first choice but decided to stay @ CU based on change in job posting... Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Should know soon - job posting closed last night.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
January 12 is coming soon so I expect most of these job postings to be filled expeditiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom