Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Sorry SportsArt- gotta do another thread- mostly to have fun with the haters and those who wouldn't mind him back but just in case lightening strikes twice- who is on the Coaching staff?

Do we see a return of Hank Hughes as D Line coach? Would you want Mike Foley to be O Line coach? Jon Wholley to be O Coordinator? Terry Richardson RB coach? Corey Edsall as WR coach? Lyndon Johnson? Todd Fitch?

Or do you see a whole new crew of guys from the NFL and or Maryland?

Reaction Score
Sorry SportsArt- gotta do another thread- mostly to have fun with the haters and those who wouldn't mind him back but just in case lightening strikes twice- who is on the Coaching staff?

Do we see a return of Hank Hughes as D Line coach? Would you want Mike Foley to be O Line coach? Jon Wholley to be O Coordinator? Terry Richardson RB coach? Corey Edsall as WR coach? Lyndon Johnson? Todd Fitch?

No matter who comes in, I wouldn't mind Terry Richardson to come with them.

Reaction Score

Let's just get the whole gang back together.....and yeah let's see him bring in Wholley as OC as you suggest...@hardcorehusky I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt but O is no where near D on the keyboard so this is a joke.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What was his conference record in a disbanding Big East? last I saw it was 22-26. What was his record at his "dream job"? conference records totaled a whopping 10-24 and his over all record in the big boys leagues was 22-34. No thanks.

Reaction Score
Edsall scores extra points with the fans if he brings in Weist as OC. Either TJ or someone who can run Moorhead's offense.
You do realize that both Ambrose and Moorehead couldn't run their offenses when they were OC under Edsall right? What Ambrose has run at Towson and what Moorehead ran at Akron, Fordham, and now PSU is NOT what they ran at UConn! Never mind the fact he man still doesn't know how to come up with a scheme to defend the spread!

Reaction Score
You do realize that both Ambrose and Moorehead couldn't run their offenses when they were OC under Edsall right? What Ambrose has run at Towson and what Moorehead ran at Akron, Fordham, and now PSU is NOT what they ran at UConn! Never mind the fact he man still doesn't know how to come up with a scheme to defend the spread!

You're telling me 2009's high scoring offense was all Edsall? I was willing to give the credit to Moorhead.

Nobody knows how to defend a well run spread, that's why it's so popular.

Edsall is not my first choice (Moorhead) but I don't understand the notion that it would be terrible if he were the guy. The guy ran a CLEAN well respected program with emphasis on CLEAN. We have people touting Miles and Schiano which to me is like openly advocating recruiting violations which other schools might get away with but ain't gonna work at UCONN.

Reaction Score
You're telling me 2009's high scoring offense was all Edsall? I was willing to give the credit to Moorhead.

Nobody knows how to defend a well run spread, that's why it's so popular.

Edsall is not my first choice (Moorhead) but I don't understand the notion that it would be terrible if he were the guy. The guy ran a CLEAN well respected program with emphasis on CLEAN. We have people touting Miles and Schiano which to me is like openly advocating recruiting violations which other schools might get away with but ain't gonna work at UCONN.
High scoring? What games did you watch....IMHO if Edsall is hired the season ticket base will remain about the same...for every one that comes back there will be those of us who leave. Newsflash to you about RU...Flood was the guy in that issue..NOT Schiano!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is very true. I remember there being rumblings that Moorehead was never given full reign of the offense so he couldn't run the spread offense he wanted to (my memory sucks so I can't recall where I heard this). I remember getting real excited when they brought him in as OC because we'd finally gave a high powered offense. Then the season started and it was the same offense.

I am not thrilled with the thought of hiring Randy and the biggest reason being that he had a hard time taking his hands off things that could be run better by a coordinator ala Diaco.

Reaction Score
Will he retain anybody like Poindexter or Erik Campbell?

Good question ... and certainly ... UConn has some history of retaining the old regime.

Love to see Terry Richardson, Mike Foley ... maybe Lyndon Johnson + Darrell Perkins

Reaction Score
Would like to see Wholly back as especially from recruiting perspective.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Each of them are excellent coaches. I would retain both. Dex can coach DB's. Hergy is entering a huge year. Big emphasis on coaching up Skales, Beals and Garland along with Hergy and Tyler
Doubt that Dex will be DC. Will he stay?

Reaction Score
Each of them are excellent coaches. I would retain both. Dex can coach DB's. Hergy is entering a huge year. Big emphasis on coaching up Skales, Beals and Garland along with Hergy and Tyler

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Both seem like quality coaches. I will entrust Edsall to determine if Poindexter can stay as DC or not. For all we know P's style is aggressive but Diaco boxed him in in terms of approach and game prep/scheme.

Reaction Score
For recruiting alone -- Michael Anthony Locksley. He was OC for Edsall at Maryland. He is currently the offensive analyst for the University of Alabama. He was interim HC at Maryland.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
For recruiting alone -- Michael Anthony Locksley. He was OC for Edsall at Maryland. He is currently the offensive analyst for the University of Alabama. He was interim HC at Maryland.
Would be a good hire, but Bama probably pays him more as an analyst than we paid Edsall.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Fairly wide open offense.
Get it done. You...LoyalFanCt...make it happen

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Who wants to bet we pick up a couple of track stars who have FCS scholarships right now?

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members