Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm all for Campbell to stay as WR coach... I don't think he was an issue at all.. More of an asset...

BUT we gotta get the OC/DC thing cleared up first, closely followed by Special Teams before we get all the other stuff addressed

Reaction Score
I feel like I am watching a remake of the second (?) third (?) Transformers when Optimus Prime was calling in the Autobots from across the country to reassemble.
Fascinating.
Great movie, IMO... "Autobots! Roll out!"

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
But the reason I liked this is because it signals that Edsall has a core staff ready to go. That part of it is great news...

My guess is that the idea of this plan started months ago, and HCRE has been formulating his plan for a few months. I bet that the key cogs in the future coaching staff were lined up even before the Diaco news broke.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
My guess is that the idea of this plan started months ago, and HCRE has been formulating his plan for a few months. I bet that the key cogs in the future coaching staff were lined up even before the Diaco news broke.

Wow... that spun my head... could this have been in the works for a while, meaning more than 2 weeks?

Reaction Score
Wow... that spun my head... could this have been in the works for a while, meaning more than 2 weeks?

Like all good ADs who keep an active short list tucked away, I'm sure Randy had an active short list.

Reaction Score
The whole crew needs to hit the streets IMO. This a rebuild from ground up. Not a single phase of the game is exceptionally note worthy... maybe special teams punt coverage from repetitive in game practice.

Agreed. Send em all packing. One exception would be josh Reardon, as he has recruited the Chicago area well (I think he covers Chicago, may be wrong)

Reaction Score
Didn't Benedict add Edsall about a month ago on Twitter? I vaguely seem to remember something like that...
Yes and retweeted him. So funny
Each of them are excellent coaches. I would retain both. Dex can coach DB's. Hergy is entering a huge year. Big emphasis on coaching up Skales, Beals and Garland along with Hergy and Tyler
I'll take soup, but poindexters d was nothing to write home about.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Yes and retweeted him. So funny

I'll take soup, but poindexters d was nothing to write home about.
The problem with Dex was Diaco...but they are all gone now anyway.

Reaction Score
I also hope he's learned about hiring a DC who can defend the spread and let's him do his thing. My memories are very vivid of Rich Rod making him his b**ch game after game. And with 90% of the teams in this league running the spread hang on if he is the same old Randy.

Uh, it's not like we were alone in getting crapped on by rich rod. Dude changed college football and was going to BCS games frequently. We didn't exactly have the personnel to stop pat white and Steve slaton. That doesn't make edsall a bad coach. I'm sure Tulane wouldn't hang 35 on him.

Reaction Score
Uh, it's not like we were alone in getting crapped on by rich rod. Dude changed college football and was going to BCS games frequently. We didn't exactly have the personnel to stop pat white and Steve slaton. That doesn't make edsall a bad coach. I'm sure Tulane wouldn't hang 35 on him.
News flash....Tulane runs a spread..Edsall ALWAYS had a hard time defending that offense...hopefully he has changed

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
News flash....Tulane runs a spread..Edsall ALWAYS had a hard time defending that offense...hopefully he has changed

It's been a few years...he hopefully has grown a bit. We need to see a game before we can claim SORE (same ole Randy Edsall).

As I have gotten older, one of the thinks I have realized more than anything is if don't evolve you fail. BD didn't learn that...and now he is selling cranberry pants on eBay. (Not that he needs to sell anything).

On top of scheme changes..I also hope he is better with media and fan access. DB is different than JH and won't let RE hide. DB knows that coach engagement with fans and media is critical.

Reaction Score
How do we hire edsall without an official job posting? Does he just come in under the OC posting that was already out there?

Reaction Score
Offensive Coordinator:
Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications
Three years of experience as an offensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 4, 2017.

Defensive Coordinator:
Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications
Three years of experience as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 4, 2017.

Reaction Score
How do we hire edsall without an official job posting? Does he just come in under the OC posting that was already out there?

Head Coach Positions are usually exempt from posting requirements.

Reaction Score
If you think we ever would have gotten our doors blown off against Tulane at home during the Edsall era, then you need to take your pills
I'm telling you right now when he was here he couldn't stop the spread. ANY spread team would have given him trouble....just like any team with a running QB. Trust me I have sat in my seat at the Rent for 13 seasons I know what I saw and what gave him troubles. It followed him to MD too. If he makes right DC hire and realizes he will face that offense pretty much every week he will do ok..he stays stubborn he will be in for some rough rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom