Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A bit OT: Is UConn alum & former Florida assistant Vernon Hargraves still in the college coaching ranks? Lost track of his career after the Urban Meyer-Tebo era.

Reaction Score
A bit OT: Is UConn alum & former Florida assistant Vernon Hargraves still in the college coaching ranks? Lost track of his career after the Urban Meyer-Tebo era.
He'd be an awesome hire IMO. But doesn't seem like he ants any part of his Alma mater.

Reaction Score

Coaching Razorback linebackers I think...

Reaction Score
Hopefully he brings in a few NFL guys. A lot of assistants lost their jobs up there this past week. Hope we find a few that had a bunch of success b4 this season'starts woes. The NFL is a what you've done for me lately league. Top coaches get let go all the time. Bring'em to Storrs Randy.

Not sure I want NFL guys.
Less likely to have recruiting contacts and maybe more likely to go back to the NFL when a job opens up. I agree that it may resonate with some recruits however.

Reaction Score
How about a mix of college and pro guys. Mix of experienced and up and comers. With strong mid Atlantic PA Florida and New England ties.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Having a bunch of NFL coaches on staff would be a sellable advantage over our competition. They just have to have the right make up to be recruiters. The mechanics of recruiting aren't difficult if you have the right attitude about it. You just don't want guys who dread the slog of bounding around the country to HS after HS.

Reaction Score
Appears that Tyler Bowen will be joining the UConn staff. In what capacity? I'm not sure, but he coaches OL right now at Fordham and worked with Edsall at Maryland.

Reaction Score
Appears that Tyler Bowen will be joining the UConn staff. In what capacity? I'm not sure, but he coaches OL right now at Fordham and worked with Edsall at Maryland.

Tyler Bowen ‏@TylerBowen 14m14 minutes ago
Last 3 days were refreshing! I can't wait to get these future Rams
1f411.png
on campus with our current, outstanding student-athletes! #RamsRising
1f3c6.png

Reaction Score

He's also the OC, and he just posted a tweet a few minutes ago about getting future Rams on campus. If these guys are really coming to UConn, it really solidifies my theory that to be a college football coach you basically have to be a professional lier.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He's also the OC, and he just posted a tweet a few minutes ago about getting future Rams on campus. If these guys are really coming to UConn, it really solidifies my theory that to be a college football coach you basically have to be a professional lier.
Or a politician.

Reaction Score
Where did you get this info from?

Reaction Score
Something tells me we're not getting that big name coaching staff everybody wants, but I think we get a lot of guys that are younger with a bunch of success in their coaching careers, mainly on the FCS level. If that wasn't the case we would've already heard something. Higher profile coaches simply aren't kept in the dark until the absolute last moment. It's leaked about a week before until then unofficially announced then made official a few days later. Edsall coaching tree is about to take off in Storrs once again. As long as we get back on track (hopefully starting this Fall. We have talent, contrary to many current thoughts on this board. We can win now with that schedule with what we have.) I have 0 problems with this approach.

Reaction Score
Yup.

Reaction Score
Just did a little Twitter digging, and the list of coaches based on player Twitter follows is starting to take shape on the defensive side:

John Wholley (multiple)
Darrell Perkins (tre ball follow after edsall follow)
Scott Lakatos (tre ball follow after edsall follow)
Keith Dudzinski (tre ball follow after edsall follow)

On the offensive side all I see is a random Peter rossomando follow from an OL committ, so maybe OL?

Will post more if I see them

Ps edsall started following Jason pinnock (BC CB committ) - go get him Randy!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just did a little Twitter digging, and the list of coaches based on player Twitter follows is starting to take shape on the defensive side:

John Wholley (multiple)
Darrell Perkins (tre ball follow after edsall follow)
Scott Lakatos (tre ball follow after edsall follow)
Keith Dudzinski (tre ball follow after edsall follow)

On the offensive side all I see is a random Peter rossomando follow from an OL committ, so maybe OL?

Will post more if I see them

Ps edsall started following Jason pinnock (BC CB committ) - go get him Randy!

FYI... Pinnock decommitted from BC last week. Long shot for UConn (Official visit to Pitt next week).

Reaction Score
Sonny dykes was just fired by cal...Let's try to get him on board to run the husky raid for a year. If not do we just switch to the triple option and take the top 3 rushers we can get every year to be the qb, a back and b back?

Reaction Score
FYI... Pinnock decommitted from BC last week. Long shot for UConn (Official visit to Pitt next week).
I don't think it's such a long shot, Pinnock and Tyler Coyle were buddies at Windsor High.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's such a long shot, Pinnock and Tyler Coyle were buddies at Windsor High.

Taj herring following him also

To add to the list, one of these guys was following the old dominion QB coach Ron whitcomb who is a Maine grad. there was also a recent follow from one of them of the army dline coach chad wilt.

Dudzinski started following a some CT HS football coaches also.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not with pompous posts like that. Thanks for killing the mojo in one fell swoop.

I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was a long shot. Pitt and ND are both pursuing him hard and that's why he decommited from BC - not because Diaco got whacked. Most of the CT football kids follow each other from 7:7. All-Star teams, etc... it usually means very little other than face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom