Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
look at the perennial TOP schools in NJ and ask whether they are serious orwhether they are targeting ONE school in SJ that upset the apple (er. tomato) cart down there

I know the issues... There are residency/transfers debacles in every state and it get worse when someone pushes the envelope. Happens in baseball too. Public/Private different worlds.

Reaction Score
Yes. The quickest way to guaranty results is to hire folks who have no experience recruiting players whatsoever.

Cochran added an agriculture department to New London HS so he could skirt around recruiting rules. If we want someone who lives in gray areas and could potentially lead us to a path of NCAA sanctions then he's our guy

Reaction Score
In fairness, we are not talking about Jack, but Casey. Edsall and Jack didn't get along - Few did. I have no idea if CC can coach, but I do believe we would benefit he remained close to the program.

That is even worse. We are pining for young former players with no coaching experience?

Reaction Score
That is even worse. We are pining for young former players with no coaching experience?
Hey now, Casey was the offensive coordinator at NLHS for like half a season

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Cochran added an agriculture department to New London HS so he could skirt around recruiting rules. If we want someone who lives in gray areas and could potentially lead us to a path of NCAA sanctions then he's our guy

That knife cuts both ways. Only one instance of NCAA sanctions in the last 40 years has truly hurt an athletic program (three guesses, first two don't count). Most of the Top 25 (and more) wear their probation as an after-the-fact badge of honor as they return to the upper quarter of prestige. Even UConn basketball flaunted the 2014 National Title in the NCAA's face ("This is what happens when you ban us!!!").

I'm not saying that Cochran is a good idea for UConn football, but I am of the opinion that NCAA sanctions are like holding. It could be called on every play.

Reaction Score
True, but we also will probably diversify. fordham is filled with our guys, but i doubt we just bus em all up to storrs to fill our staff.

I get it but the fact that he coached under Randy at both UCONN and MD tells me it is a real possibility if Wholley comes on board asDC.

Reaction Score
I get it but the fact that he coached under Randy at both UCONN and MD tells me it is a real possibility if Wholley comes on board asDC.

Or he stays @ Fordham and moves up to vacated DC role.

Reaction Score
In fairness, we are not talking about Jack, but Casey. Edsall and Jack didn't get along - Few did. I have no idea if CC can coach, but I do believe we would benefit he remained close to the program.
He (CC) is my neighbor maybe I should go ask if he has any scoop on this. :D

Reaction Score
One week from Edsall's official first day? Honestly I hate that we have to post this crap. If we find a candidate can we just leak it to the press or something?
OR at least Tweet it like someone else we know.

Reaction Score
look at the perennial TOP schools in NJ and ask whether they are serious orwhether they are targeting ONE school in SJ that upset the apple (er. tomato) cart down there
Which St. Joe's? The Bergen parochials clearly recruit (I still think they deny it), but they don't have residency issues. Wayne Hills probably triggered this. They got away with cheating because a high school regulatory body can't really handle cheaters that then file lawsuits. It's like the NCAA trying to do something to UNC. They've always been cheating scum though. I MAY be a bit biased as a formal rival 25+ years ago though. And one Olsen brother did turn out pretty awesome.

Reaction Score
I am hearing that RE is currently in contract negotiations with PP to become our next OC but we need to keep it on the QT

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From what I remember from the'Outside the Lines' ESPN ran on Casey and his concussion issues it appeared that Jack was through with coaching football.

He seemed to take a lot of the blame for Casey's condition and did appear to be sincere in his feelings.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Cochran and Edsall got along like peanut butter and Clorox.

There is no way Casey would've come to UConn if Edsall were here. I doubt Edsall puts him on the staff now.

I've been going through life for 23 years thinking I was the only one who enjoyed a good PB&C sandwich

Reaction Score
HCRE will pick someone he can work with someone who knows the kind of program/ offense he wants to run someone where their is mutual respect
Someone who knows the university and can recruit based on experience
That person may b involved in the NFL this weekend

So who may fit this requirement ?????

Reaction Score
HCRE will pick someone he can work with someone who knows the kind of program/ offense he wants to run someone where their is mutual respect
Someone who knows the university and can recruit based on experience
That person may b involved in the NFL this weekend

So who may fit this requirement ?????

Gotta wonder if they may have a couple of years of QB experience to boot?

Reaction Score

Do you even read posts before adding something insufferable and negative? I said "we would benefit if he remained close to the program". We would benefit if a lot of former players remained close. that does not mean he can or should coach. Christ, Bama brings alums back to practice against 1st team - it's no wonder we think we look good in practice, we're beating the snot out of our 2d team! Let's get former players involved, formally and informally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom