Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Carefull bizlaw, some folks take that State of CT integrity thing very very seriously, even in college football coaching...

I take integrity in government very seriously. I just don't think the State needs the protection of applying it to college football coaches.

Reaction Score
I'm not criticizing you for posting it. I'm criticizing the idiotic state official who made the statement that you quoted.

Phew... He's a former state official I believe. Maybe he goes and starts a new private practice w/ Ken Krayeske! Rumor on the avenue is they are looking for a third partner?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Our opening for DC, & OC for that matter, closes tomorrow afternoon. Something tells me we already know we're getting at this point.

Yeah Edsall even alluded to it with Joe D and Gresh. When they asked about the staff he said something to the effect of "well the state has specific hiring processes that I think everyone knows about so we won't get into it but... etc. etc."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I take integrity in government very seriously. I just don't think the State needs the protection of applying it to college football coaches.

If the kid had no qualifications that would be another issue I think. But it's not the case. If he gets a low enough level job that's fine.

Reaction Score
If the kid had no qualifications that would be another issue I think. But it's not the case. If he gets a low enough level job that's fine.
Or, an athletic department position. If Benedict and Edsall pulled a fast one on the side, there might be more compelling reasons to question the propriety of UConn hiring Edsall's son for some unnamed position. Instead, DB and RE explicitly highlighted the possibility junior might now or at some point hold some position within the athletic department. Rennie sounds like such a 'd up Krayeske.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Care to expand?
Sorry.....work swept me away.

I think I debunked it but a co worker said they saw Donnie Kirkpatrick at Bradley yesterday morning walking through the terminal on his way out. I didn't buy it and still cannot confirm it. I'm sure it was just a look alike.

Reaction Score
No big deal

You can find 10 instances easy of fathers with sons on their College Football staff.

Heck it's like 6 degrees of separation. You just had Monte Kiffin's son Lane hire Art Briles son. Beat goes on.

Reaction Score

I think I debunked it but a co worker said they saw Donnie Kirkpatrick at Bradley yesterday morning walking through the terminal on his way out. I didn't buy it and still cannot confirm it. I'm sure it was just a look alike.

Just checked the JMU site. He had/has a 1 year deal at 90k. We can definitely afford him and provide a decent bump in salary.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Just checked the JMU site. He had/has a 1 year deal at 90k. We can definitely afford him and provide a decent bump in salary.
Yeah I think it just makes too much sense for it to happen.

Reaction Score

For those of us who know nothing about other coaches. Who is he?

Reaction Score
Yeah I think it just makes too much sense for it to happen.

Kirkpatrick & Weist are my favorites. They both have tremendous experience. Both know the AAC. Most important of all, they both had tremendous success in their 1st year as Offensive Coordinators for their respective teams.

I heard mixed things about Locksley. He only won two games in two years as New Mexico's head coach. It's been posted that he and Edsall didn't get along that great. I heard he is an excellent recruiter which is important but what we really need is an excellent Offensive Coordinator. I also heard he may be going to Florida anyway.

I've also read good things about Fordham's Breiner who schooled under Moorhead. After watching Penn State in the Rose bowl, if Breiner thinks and executes like JM then that might not be a bad play either.

Reaction Score
It's an agreement to an offer. The kid may decide to just stay at Colorado given their very successful year there. Who knows. It's also not the first time someone greased the sleds for his/her kid.
To quote in the words of the late Richard J. Daley when accused of steering city business to his son's insurance agency, "Anyone who thinks I'm not going to do all I can to help my kid out can kiss my ." Man I hate sactimonious lawyers and politicians.

Reaction Score
I've also read good things about Fordham's Breiner who schooled under Moorhead. After watching Penn State in the Rose bowl, if Breiner thinks and executes like JM then that might not be a bad play either.

Getting this guy might be the best play of all that we've been pondering...

Reaction Score
Couldn't afford him.

what do you think the TE coach for the Lions makes?

If he wants to be a HC again, do you think he'll have more of a chance coaching a couple of TEs for a perennially bad to mediocre team or being a coordinator?

Reaction Score
How do we hire edsall without an official job posting? Does he just come in under the OC posting that was already out there?
Considered Executive Band or Senior Executive Band probably.

Reaction Score
"Oh no!! There's only 8 days till dead period is over and still no staff!!"
images

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I'm thinking most of the staff is in place. Tomorrow morning we will probably hear. Hope I can sleep tonight.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking most of the staff is in place. Tomorrow morning we will probably hear. Hope I can sleep tonight.

You may be right but if by chance Donnie Kirkpatrick is the new OC we might not hear about that until after the FCS championship game
which is being aired at noon this Saturday 1/7 on ESPN 2. For sure, Randy will instruct Donnie to fly back home with the team from Frisco TX! LOL! So if he is the one, maybe we find out after the game or Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom