Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This may have been posted elsewhere (hard to keep track), but I would like to see HCRE offer the DC position to Al Golden, his coaching mate in Detroit.

Couldn't afford him.

Reaction Score
Here's a name to throw out there... Some may not like him but when he was on our staff, our offense produced.. Norries Wilson..
I got "crickets" on that one.. Yikes! Thought he'd be a good guy for our staff even though he's currently with RU (kidding me???) ....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I got "crickets" on that one.. Yikes! Thought he'd be a good guy for our staff even though he's currently with RU (kidding me???) ....

You probably got crickets on that one for a few reasons:

1) The younger folks on the board might not remember Norries Wilson
2) Some folks view Norries Wilson for what he did as the Columbia head coach (as if anyone could save that team!)
3) Some folks view Norries Wilson as a name that is not "high profile" enough to give a like.
4) Some folks are waiting for others to like Norries Wilson before they like it so as to not stick their neck out. ;)

I suppose there are a few people in my camp, who are neither turned off by him or excited by him. I think he would give us a standard, competent performance. At this point, I'll just say, "In Edsall I trust"; a statement that I probably wouldn't have dreamed to type 2 months ago...

Reaction Score

He's not w/ Rutgers under Ash.

Reaction Score
He's not w/ Rutgers under Ash.
As big as he is... you'd think he'd be able to help out our OL a little (makes a little sense I think) considering he played OL in college at Minnesota.. and still can make Vince Wilfork look tiny

CpdluAAUIAInORc.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You probably got crickets on that one for a few reasons:

1) The younger folks on the board might not remember Norries Wilson
2) Some folks view Norries Wilson for what he did as the Columbia head coach (as if anyone could save that team!)
3) Some folks view Norries Wilson as a name that is not "high profile" enough to give a like.
4) Some folks are waiting for others to like Norries Wilson before they like it so as to not stick their neck out. ;)

I suppose there are a few people in my camp, who are neither turned off by him or excited by him. I think he would give us a standard, competent performance. At this point, I'll just say, "In Edsall I trust"; a statement that I probably wouldn't have dreamed to type 2 months ago...
His best years as OC may have coincided with Dan O's years, so maybe people credit having a real QB at the position more than they do the guy calling plays.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The lack of rumors/leaks on staff choices is getting to the point of being strange.
What's the difference? The rumors are rarely true to begin with.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The lack of rumors/leaks on staff choices is getting to the point of being strange. Means two things for me:

1) We have fallen so far as a program that we don't even warrant the typical media throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks
2) Makes me worry that the choices that were made are so under the radar that their moving around in the national coaching landscape doesn't even cause a blip on the radar.

I am not as concerned with #2 on the defensive end, but on the offense we NEED to shake things up to get attractive recruits in the door. If Randy brings in some low level yes man to run the offense, we are in for a longer rebuild than we thought. At this point if you are a high level G5 WR/QB recruit, why would you not go to Toledo, Tulsa or Western Michigan where you can actually show off your skill set? UConn has the built in national brand advantage and NFL legacy, but at the end of the day the kids still want to show off what they can do.

So, it has nothing to do with Edsall only being the coach as of TODAY? Not to mention the job really can't be announced until TOMORROW? Really?

Reaction Score
there's o guarantee any gigs get announced tomorrow. We only know the opening is closed as of tomorrow.. Hopefully we get another nice gift like we did on 12/26, when the OC gig opening was supposed to close... That's not normal for UConn football... We normally have to lament over news up and until the last moment ....

Reaction Score

Oh God shut up. Do I like a coach bringing a son in? No. Will other schools allow it? Yes.

So unless you are arguing to shut down our football program, stop being sanctimonious that you think it's o.k. To apply rules that other state universities are willing to waive to a football hiring. An assistant football coach is not like an assistant attorney general. Get a life.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
It's an agreement to an offer. The kid may decide to just stay at Colorado given their very successful year there. Who knows. It's also not the first time someone greased the sleds for his/her kid.

Reaction Score
Oh God shut up. Do I like a coach bringing a son in? No. Will other schools allow it? Yes.

So unless you are arguing to shut down our football program, stop being sanctimonious that you think it's o.k. To apply rules that other state universities are willing to waive to a football hiring. An assistant football coach is not like an assistant attorney general. Get a life.
Carefull bizlaw, some folks take that State of CT integrity thing very very seriously, even in college football coaching...

Reaction Score

Geez.. Are you yelling @ me because I posted it or just yelling in general?

Reaction Score
Geez.. Are you yelling @ me because I posted it or just yelling in general?

I'm not criticizing you for posting it. I'm criticizing the idiotic state official who made the statement that you quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom